AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-16, 17:27   Link #81
AntonKutovoi

Huh, hearing Ryusei Nakao in two different series on one week was unexpected treat. Especially since these two series just happened to be Miira no Kaikata and Garo
And now when I think about it, he will also appear in this week's One Piece episode and, possibly, Dragon Ball Super episode.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 19:25   Link #82
kuromitsu

So I just finished catching up with the manga (up to volume 6, plus some chapters at comico - damn their new business model, by the way) and I'd just like to share this extremely important detail about Mukumuku:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 16:17   Link #83
Nivek von Beldo

was not coincidence the colours of the dogs scrafts...And what a twist...damn that was trully a plot twist.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 18:27   Link #84
kuromitsu

Oh my god, those puppies... so cute... I'm dying... where can I get one?! Are they selling plushies?! *checks* WHY NOT?!

And the little "gao"s and "wan"s... aaaahhh.... the critter noises in this show are just the cutest. Haaa~

Critter moe aside, what a heartwarming episode this was (aside of that part in the end). Having read the manga now and knowing more about Tazuki and the depth of his attachment to Sora probably helped, but still it was just so sweet and cute. Daww.

And apropos manga, it's quite amazing to see just how much the anime and its steady handed staff adds to it, and how confident the anime adaptation is. Sure, the manga is good too, but it's obviously the work of someone without much experience, being published at a site with a somewhat nontraditional format. It's quite rough around the edges in the earlier parts, and then there's some background info and a slow-burn plot in the background that is missing from the anime (I assume because of the low episode count). So the anime has a number of changes and additions/cuts and whatnot, and it's just so elegant and well-done. It clearly "gets" the characters, the message, the point of the story, and it's adapting the manga with heart and understanding, while respecting the source and not trying to force its own agenda... why can't more adaptations be like this?!

(I mean, it's not like this is a difficult manga or a difficult anime, and I imagine it wasn't the director's and writer's most challenging work ever... but still.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2018-03-22 at 18:39.
Old 2018-03-29, 19:23   Link #85
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Week after week, so much good feeling. Shows like this are anime's little miracles.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 21:15   Link #86
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Week after week this show just keeps getting cuter and cuter just seem like im getting diabetes just from watching it

8/10 Need more cuteness
Old 2018-03-29, 22:22   Link #87
Magewolf

Since they went out of there way to show that these are not normal kids I wonder if it ever gets touched on more in the manga. Even the youkai were amazed at their abilities. Sora also seemed to consider himself better able to handle supernatural danger then a god.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 08:25   Link #88
MCAL

Seems they finally credited the seiyuu for Mii-kun and friends.

https://mobile.twitter.com/koyuki_ho...64567397924864 (I'm guessing they are the ones at the bottom)

Can anyone translate?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 09:32   Link #89
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, Yamashita Seiichirou is Mukumuku - fitting, as he voices Daichi. And Mii-kun and Conny are definitely the same seiyuu.
Old 2018-03-30, 09:45   Link #90
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Seems they finally credited the seiyuu for Mii-kun and friends.

https://mobile.twitter.com/koyuki_ho...64567397924864 (I'm guessing they are the ones at the bottom)

Can anyone translate?
Mii-kun & Conny are Kayano Ai who also plays Kaede.
Mukumuku is Yamashita Seiichirou who also plays Daichi.
Isao is Takahashi Shinya who also plays... the evil collector guy in the last two episodes.
Pochi is Takada Sakie who did this adorable fanart of Pochi & Mii-kun.
Special mention goes to Sekine Akira and Tsuda Minami whom I've never heard of before, but they did the most adorable gao's and wan's as Aa-kun and Uu-kun.

Anyway, the show is over and I don't know what more to say - it was adorable, heartwarming, sometimes a little heartbreaking, but healing, and SO SO SO MOE. I'm reading the manga and it's pretty fun (also a bit overall darker and more serious due to its plot) but I really really hope there will be another season.

Oh yes, I do have one thing to say: it was really nice how they ended the show with Sora doing household chores, but now with Mii-kun as company. Compared to how Sora was also shown smiling and being generally a lot more cheerful than at the beginning, this is one more thing that made me appreciate the anime's direction and writing. It was such a nice way to show how Sora's world (until now mostly consisting of Kaede and Tazuki) expanded and how much happiness Mii-kun brought into his life. Aww.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2018-03-30 at 10:03.
Old 2018-03-30, 10:14   Link #91
LKK

I had high hopes when the show was announced because the manga is so dear to me. I'm delighted to say that the show exceeded those hopes. Adding in the "voices", especially Mii-kun's little barks, took the show over the top. My favorite show of the season, no doubt. The only one that I always watched as soon as I was able. The highlight of my week.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 15:08   Link #92
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Who knew that Mogi-chan had such strength? In most shows they'd both end up in the river after trying that stunt.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 15:21   Link #93
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Who knew that Mogi-chan had such strength? In most shows they'd both end up in the river after trying that stunt.
Didn't the anime show her picking up heavy furniture during an earlier episode? (Or am I remembering a manga moment that didn't make it into the anime? )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2018-03-30, 15:26   Link #94
Magewolf

Mogi-chan had been shown to be super strong a couple of times but it had mostly been played off as comedy.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 15:43   Link #95
Nivek von Beldo

When people goes the anime as cute(THAT IS) suprise me how well done this one was, few anime are so tight and suprise with a nicely coloured but simple artstyle, the youkais and all supernatural feel so alived more that a lot of shows and all was so well done.

How far we're from the manga? to pick up and read it.

Amazing anime suprise me 9/10
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 15:48   Link #96
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

It was a fun ride. I think Anubis is tied for my favorite little friend with Isao. Wish he was introduced a little bit earlier in the show!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 19:08   Link #97
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I would never have guessed that Isao was played by a man. Those little affirmative "growls" he gives were one of my favorite creature sounds of the wonderful bunch of them.
Old 2018-03-30, 21:08   Link #98
LKK

I wonder why the critters' voices weren't credited until the last episode?

@Nivek I can't help you with the Manga question because I am not current with the latest release. Maybe someone else can.

Old 2018-03-31, 03:33   Link #99
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think they just wanted to make it kind of a special reveal at the end.
Old 2018-03-31, 04:35   Link #100
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I wonder why the critters' voices weren't credited until the last episode?
Oh, they were credited - just, without naming the critter roles. But they were on the cast list, and in case of Pochi's and Isao's seiyuu some people already guessed that they must be the critters (as they didn't voice other characters they were credited without a role, but those episodes had no mob characters they could have voiced). I think the producers knew people would be curious, so they left it as a little surprise: there's an interview with the director at Animate Times Comic Natalie (pretty interesting, by the way) and even there the interviewer asks about the critter voices, and her answer is basically "heh, wait until the last episode".

(Another cute info from the interview is that NabeShin, who did the OP storyboard, was so taken in by how cute it was that he expressed regret that he hadn't known about it before so he could have gotten more involved with it. Or how the director says she checked all animation layouts for Mii-kun to make sure his movements were as cute as possible. It's fun to see how much creativity went into creating this show, and it's good to see it paying off. Comico and Sanrio money has never been so well spent, I hope Sanrio makes lots of money on the merch so they'll release more animation. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
How far we're from the manga? to pick up and read it.
The anime didn't follow the manga closely, it jumped around a lot (and added some original stuff, for example the collector in this last mini arc was anime original). The god of the local shrine first appears in what is the 6th tankoubon release, and the festival story that made up the last arc hasn't even been released yet separately, it's only available at comico... and even in stories covered by the anime there's a lot of background info, like slowburn background plot & character backstory hints, that never made it into the anime. So I'd suggest reading it from the start, you can always skip stories that were in the anime (why would you, though? IT'S SO CUTE aaahh).

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2018-03-31 at 04:49.