AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 45 38.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 21.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.85%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-15, 22:25   Link #21
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

incredible episode. the fight scene with the ninja was just spectacular!! (lol @ her renumeration though!). can't wait for next week (and for ED single)
Old 2009-10-15, 22:32   Link #22
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Wow. Nice sub forum!

I'm downloading the episode now. Really looking forward to watching it. So far I enjoy the OP. Catchy! It's a shame the Magician is not in the OP...probably he will be killed off in the next episode or something
Old 2009-10-15, 23:06   Link #23
Namihana
Soul Driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Wow. Nice sub forum!

I'm downloading the episode now. Really looking forward to watching it. So far I enjoy the OP. Catchy! It's a shame the Magician is not in the OP...probably he will be killed off in the next episode or something
You should know by the end of this episode.
Old 2009-10-15, 23:34   Link #24
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

You mean Hei fried him? Is he still alive? Because Hei was trying to stab him with his knife until Suon stopped him
Old 2009-10-15, 23:41   Link #25
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Highly enjoyable, and highly enigmatic. Good fights and action. Good characters. Hanazawa Kana's non-moe voice.

I'm guessing that losing Yin drove Hei into a downward drunken spiral, but that something of Yin is in Suou's pendant? And Suou will lead him back up out of the gutter?

The kiss-paying contractor is fairly cheap fanservice, as is the groping. But they also had some dramatic power, so okay.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-10-16, 00:17   Link #26
Freeter
beyond

Dammit, they better not have killed off Yin. At least now we know why Hei is a drunkard and slightly rusty with his skills (though the way he owned the Magician showed he still has it).

I don't mind the fanservice, it brings some lightheartedness to the mix much like what the first season did with the goofy detective and his sidekick. Though I admit Hei got a little too touchy-feely with Suoh

Misaki cameo in the outro =

Looks like Tanya won't survive the next ep, and judging from this ep, her "boyfriend" might move on to Suoh. Better hurry before hobo-Hei gets grab happy again

Quote:
Was that Mao's voice that told Suoh to run away near the beginning of the episode?
Sure sounded like it. Maybe he's a dog this time
Old 2009-10-16, 00:23   Link #27
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnDeaD View Post
Was that Mao's voice that told Suoh to run away near the beginning of the episode?
Sounded like her dad to me.
Old 2009-10-16, 01:00   Link #28
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm guessing that losing Yin drove Hei into a downward drunken spiral, but that something of Yin is in Suou's pendant?
Actually, more likely the pendant just allowed Suou to see into Hei's mind.

Quote:
And Suou will lead him back up out of the gutter?
I'd say that's a good bet.
Old 2009-10-16, 01:10   Link #29
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Suou's pendant? .
From Ep1 probably the "Meteor Fragment" ?
Old 2009-10-16, 01:14   Link #30
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Sounded like her dad to me.
Definitely is Mao. The voice is credited to Mao's voice actor, as "Voice"
Old 2009-10-16, 01:35   Link #31
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

just watched the raw...
Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-16, 02:48   Link #32
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

A great solid episode. Finally there's more Hei. It looks like Hei is in a very difficult position and sad state. He now looks like a bum and likes to drink. Where is the Hei from the first season!? I find it really sad that Hei escapes from the organization, but now ends up working in another (CIA). He's like forever will be someone else's dog...

Suon is really cute. She really tries to work out the best in her situation. I don't mind the Hei-molesting thingy

There's plenty of exciting battles in this episode. The japanese contractors are pretty funny duo and quite powerful as well. I enjoy the Hei VS August 7 battle. I really like August and his magician ability. Too bad he's killed off (or if not, probably next few episodes)

I'm intrigued with Yin's current situation. She's probably dead. But I wonder how she's naked in Hei's flashbacks?

Next episode, Things don't look too bright for Tanya...
Old 2009-10-16, 02:56   Link #33
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Yeah, Yin is probably dead, but I'll hope that it's not what it looks like (naked Yin, gray skies, dead bodies, Hei crying, Yin saying goodbye). She certainly looks alive... in the ED. (This is where I ignore the OP, with... you know... how she's glowing and all.)

Watched it for like the third time today, twice with subs. I think Season Two is shaping up to be better than season one--thus far, there's always a great blend of action and drama, and it looks like Hei will always be in the scene, so to speak.
Old 2009-10-16, 03:08   Link #34
Clarste
Human

The Magician was certainly alive at the end of the episode. Why would Hei try to finish him off if he was already dead? And then he gets interrupted by the field of whatever. Maybe the Japanese gang will capture him or something? It doesn't really matter I guess.

I noticed this season has more sword-fighting. I don't remember any contractors other than Hei actually using weapon in the first season, yet he gets into two separate sword-fights already in this episode. Well, not that the Magician was very good, but he tried anyway.

Anyway, it seems like Hei's contractor powers were eaten by the pendant or something. I was kind of wondering why he didn't seem to care about it when he was searching her... I hope it doesn't turn out to be the fragment, because that would be silly.
Old 2009-10-16, 04:09   Link #35
Namihana
Soul Driller

Hei may have lost his main contractor abilities, but I'm sure as hell that his skills remained with him. Meaning he can still kick ass.

But I do hope that he hadn't lost his badass longcoat though.
Old 2009-10-16, 04:31   Link #36
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This episode was epic.

Darker than Black fully deserved the sub forum. Best show this season .

It would be interesting if Hei lost his powers.... The director did say he wanted ot defy expectations. So far he seems to be doing so quite successfully. Hei will kick ass regardless though.
Old 2009-10-16, 04:32   Link #37
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namihana View Post
Hei may have lost his main contractor abilities, but I'm sure as hell that his skills remained with him. Meaning he can still kick ass.

But I do hope that he hadn't lost his badass longcoat though.
Well that's for certain. After all, he has been owning contractors even before he became one

yeah, hobo-Hei should keep the coat, or at least get a new one. He looks really skinny without it.

Anyway, this was yet-again another great episode. I'm liking all the new contractors; they prove to be a great match for Hei. I still can't figure out if that contractor (who needs to kiss somebody for his/her remuneration) is a dude or a girl.

oh and too many random cats appearing
Old 2009-10-16, 04:34   Link #38
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yeah, Mao went to Pecha. Flying squirrels are more useful in Russia than cats for surveillance imo and Pecha will keep a tag on Suou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Anyway, this was yet-again another great episode. I'm liking all the new contractors; they prove to be a great match for Hei. I still can't figure out if that contractor (who needs to kiss somebody for his/her remuneration) is a dude or a girl.
With a name like Hazuki...

Definitely a girl imo.
Old 2009-10-16, 04:40   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namihana View Post
You should know by the end of this episode.
I wouldn't say it's 100% that he's dead.

Hazuki is obviously female. Can people not see the breasts?
Old 2009-10-16, 04:43   Link #40
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I wouldn't say it's 100% that he's dead.

Hazuki is obviously female. Can people not see the breasts?
They must have inherited Hei's inability to tell a female at a glance.

Suou hasn't figured it out yet that her little bro used her as bait yet. Shion dressed up as Suou and escaped unnoticed.

I'm hoping that it's a temp loss of abilities until he can get his act together. He is on a downward spiral.