AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2011-09-17, 06:35   Link #1961
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post

AAAANNNNND.....
Ladies and Gentlemen, the psycho fans are at it AGAIN!!

(Obligatory Link NOT Safe For Work Warning for Sankaku: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/0...tsus-betrayal/ )

Taketatsu Ayana, the voice of Azunyan, has the good fortune of taking a print-club sticker photo with a handsome young man!!

Good on you young lady, I'm so happy for you....

..... is what a NORMAL otaku would say.

Instead, there are stalker assholes online who start posting evidences to their need of a nice padded cell in the form of knives being driven into photos of Ms Tatketatsu, not to mention effigeies and posters of Azunyan being splashed with blood-red paint, stabbed and dismembered.

Nowadays, I PROUDLY proclaim that I am an Anime Fan in public (sick of letting Hollywood having complete control ove the say of what is "normal" pop culture), but its unfortunate travesties like the above incident that remind me why I should not be surprised at the disgusted sneers in return.
It's stuff like this that make me worried about the future of anime and manga in general... (I'm thinking of the extreme otakus who might decide to send death threats to Kakifly for even thinking of giving one of the characters a boyfriend)
There will always be people out there who take things too far.
Old 2011-09-17, 08:33   Link #1962
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post

AAAANNNNND.....
Ladies and Gentlemen, the psycho fans are at it AGAIN!!

(Obligatory Link NOT Safe For Work Warning for Sankaku: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/0...tsus-betrayal/ )
This is extremely depressing and facepalm worthy.

Ayana Taketatsus is 22. She's well into adulthood. What the heck do these fans expect?! Is she supposed to be celibate for life to live up to their image of a fictional character in a 4Koma manga and an associate anime?

Stuff like this is very worrisome because it may dissuade good potential seiyu talent from ever entering the industry, as they'd know that this is the sort of nonsense that they might have to put up with for it.
Old 2011-09-17, 11:13   Link #1963
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

No wonder otakus get such a bad rep; with idiots like that, I can see why they're often shunned in (Japanese) society.

These girls are in the prime of their lives: they're young, (usually) pretty and (most likely) fertile as well. Maybe one of them gives birth to a future seiyuu, should she find a boyfriend and get married. You'd think these losers would stop and think about that, rather than burn her at the stake for committing some sort of heinous crime.

And Kakifly should give these people the middle finger and give all of the girls a boyfriend, as if to say: "It's my story, and I can do with it whatever I want. Go make your own manga if you care so much about it!"
Old 2011-09-17, 12:33   Link #1964
all_flying

Pffftt...., Its sankaku's words, what'd you expect?

I can't believe somebody still taking sankaku's news seriously
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 13:04   Link #1965
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Its a given, unfortunately.. I mean when your famous in anything, and you have a huge fan base of the opposite gender. The reaction of hate, sadness, jealousy will happen in anything, not just the anime pop culture. Nothing new really. I mean the magnitude is not as great as Paul McCartney's marriage to Linda in 1969 where he broke MILLIONS of girls hearts, but it was still the same reaction as this whole Ayana thing.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 16:10   Link #1966
relentlessflame

*Administrator

As was already mentioned, you have to keep in mind that a lot of the "extreme" reactions are just people trying to get attention. The pictures with the cut photos and stuff are basically a meme to make fun of the people who really do almost take it that seriously. While I'm sure that some people are saddened by the idea that their idol may possibly no longer be single, you really can't take 2ch or Sankaku that seriously. They're being sensationalistic just to attract attention, and the very fact we're having this conversation proved that it worked.
Old 2011-09-18, 15:16   Link #1967
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
As was already mentioned, you have to keep in mind that a lot of the "extreme" reactions are just people trying to get attention. The pictures with the cut photos and stuff are basically a meme to make fun of the people who really do almost take it that seriously. While I'm sure that some people are saddened by the idea that their idol may possibly no longer be single, you really can't take 2ch or Sankaku that seriously. They're being sensationalistic just to attract attention, and the very fact we're having this conversation proved that it worked.
I know that, and I'm sure that most of them will probably accept it once the fact has sunk in. However, out of all these attention whores, at least one might be so blind with rage that he would decide to stalk and/or try to harm her. Or to send her death threats. Same goes for Kakifly if he were to do the 'unthinkable' and give the girls each a male admirer.

Either way, it's still a pathetic cry for attention, regardless of how seriously they actually mean it. And this is assuming it's not another fluke, like Yoko Hikasa's 'engagement ring'.
Old 2011-09-18, 19:54   Link #1968
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
However, out of all these attention whores, at least one might be so blind with rage that he would decide to stalk and/or try to harm her. Or to send her death threats.
Yeah, but crazy people will be crazy whether or not they joke about it on 2ch or Sankaku picks it up. I think anyone who works in the spotlight has to be aware of the risk of attracting that sort of attention and, as was said before, that's not exactly unique to the anime community (as celebrities in Hollywood and in England -- among other places -- can attest to). But the only reason 2ch does these kinds of jokes -- and Sankaku makes a big deal about it -- is because they're trolling and it attracts this sort of outrage. As with most trolls, it's better to just ignore them.
Old 2011-09-20, 00:01   Link #1969
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Spoiler for Pic1:
Spoiler for Pic3:
Spoiler for pic2:

Take a look at this too
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1741

I wounder what the artiest where trying to do.

----------------
Comparison Archive
HTT and The Beatles (I)
HTT and The Who
HTT and The Beatles (II)
HTT and The Beatles (II) part 2
HTT and The Beatles (III)
HTT and Jimi Hendrix
HTT and The Beatles (IV)
HTT and The Beatles (IV) part 2

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-09-20 at 22:09.
Old 2011-09-20, 00:06   Link #1970
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Why am I picturing (based on ED&OP) this as the Beatles genderbent? Except I can't decide yet if it is John or George on keyboard.
This is my first post regarding K-On and the Beatles from April 2nd, 2009 on the show as it started airing. I guess I've considered that since the start.
Old 2011-09-28, 08:22   Link #1971
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

uhmmm, can i ask something here?
i don't really know which thread i should put this on, so i'll just put this here...

could someone help me with something, and yes it is k-on related, sort of.
anyone familiar with the k-on DTA (desktop accessory)? well, i just installed it just recently and it s in Japanese. and that's the problem. i don't know how to read Kanji...

here are some screenshots...

Spoiler for screenshots:

could someone tell me what these means, or translate them?

follow-up question: for those who know about this program, do you guys know how to automatically open the clock thingy whenever windows starts up? opening the program then opening the clock everytime i open my laptop is such a drag you see.

thanks in advance guys...
Old 2011-09-28, 08:42   Link #1972
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Options translation for the clock, right?

Quote:
Clock
the right click options.
1. Setting up the alarm clock
2. Activating the alarm clock
3. The time style, 24hr or 12 pm/am
4. Always on top
5. dock/sit, can't move the clock
6. to show at the tray or not. (system tray)
7. Start up when PC starts.
Old 2011-09-28, 09:29   Link #1973
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Options translation for the clock, right?
hmmmm, so in my second picture, this is a guess but, i think it says there that: would you like this application to start up when pc starts?
is that it?

thanks a lot dude. been wondering what those buttons really meant...
Old 2011-09-28, 10:58   Link #1974
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
hmmmm, so in my second picture, this is a guess but, i think it says there that: would you like this application to start up when pc starts?
is that it?

thanks a lot dude. been wondering what those buttons really meant...
I don't really know since I never tried it, but I think that should be it
Old 2011-10-05, 01:37   Link #1975
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

While I was watching some videos I noticed that the instruments used in Led Zeppelin were the same as Houkago tea time(Man I wish some mainstream bands today could play like this! I really want too change the way we listen to things with the music i make)

Mio use's a 1962 Fender Jazz bass in sunburst finish with a tortoise pick-guard, one used by John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin

Yui use's a Gibson Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst, same with Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin

Not the same drum sets but look its yellow

Spoiler for Examples:

Possible Reference to Jimmy Page's Double Neck guitar in Stairway to heaven?
Spoiler for picture:

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-01-11 at 22:18.
Old 2011-10-05, 11:56   Link #1976
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Adam Clayton of US uses the Fender Jazz Master bass. Many promenant bass players use that model.

Don Felder (formerly of the Eagles) used the double neck SG as well.

We can make links and references to any musician using those models.

Besides: Didn't Gibson and Fender sponsor this show's first season ? That could be your main connection.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 16:32   Link #1977
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Adam Clayton of US uses the Fender Jazz Master bass. Many promenant bass players use that model.

Don Felder (formerly of the Eagles) used the double neck SG as well.

We can make links and references to any musician using those models.

Besides: Didn't Gibson and Fender sponsor this show's first season ? That could be your main connection.
true, What I was trying to say was that both bands play the exact same guitar instruments in there performances. In both the same sunburst color, and type of guitar. We could make references to any musician, like Eric Clapton, using a Gibson Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst, or any other musician. I find it notable seeing both of the same instrument used side by side, from a very notable rock band. I typically don't see those two of exact color and types of guitars together in any mainstream oldie rock band like the ones used by, Hokago Tea time. If that was any more clear
by the way this is

This is John Paul Jones's bass from Led Zeppelin, his recognizable bass was a '62 Fender Jazz bass in sunburst finish with a tortoise, played along side Jimmy Pages's Gibson
Old 2011-10-06, 13:19   Link #1978
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I see now what you are thinking about. Now I have to wonder what keyboard / organ JPJ used in Led Zeppelin. Is it similar to one Mugi uses ?
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 14:06   Link #1979
trenton_dawn
Silt

Keyboard synthesizer/workstations like the one Mugi has didn't really come onto the scene until the late 80's. Furthermore, the Korg workstation line that Mugi has didn't come around until the mid-late 90's.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 19:58   Link #1980
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Just found out the manga is still ongoing, I thought it had stopped once they graduated. What chapter was the last one before they started college? Need to catch up.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen