Notices

Old 2012-04-29, 17:52   Link #321
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Doesn't that depend on the person?
Well of course it does.

But that's what game reviews are for; to see if you think they're good by other's opinions. I've read many of them, but I wanted to hear accounts from people who don't do reviews as a job or requirement. From "real people" so to speak.
Old 2012-04-29, 18:38   Link #322
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Damn, I just got to the quest where you have to fight the Basilisk. Those guys sure was difficult. Probably the hardest one that I've come across so far. It was a miracle that my group of two people even won. Fun times though.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:39   Link #323
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

How many folks in guild now Dist? Been doing Uni stuff alllllll weekend (and today to it seems, but might get some time later this afternoon to play.
Old 2012-04-29, 19:22   Link #324
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I Partied with a Archer to take down Kuma's and those big red guys, I can solo them but it takes a while. LANCER IS AWESOME!
Old 2012-04-29, 19:38   Link #325
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I can't say I'm ejoying the 2000+ person queues (2 hours) on VoT but it is probably worth it to have a populated server once things die down a little.
Old 2012-04-29, 21:42   Link #326
Xion Valkyrie

Anyone else way higher level than the zone they're in? I'm 37 in a 33 zone basically. I basically just did all the quests and then soloed some BAMs along the way. There's just way too many quests.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 21:45   Link #327
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Anyone else way higher level than the zone they're in? I'm 37 in a 33 zone basically. I basically just did all the quests and then soloed some BAMs along the way. There's just way too many quests.
Seems pretty normal for most MMOs lately. Put in so many quests that people can avoid doing some and still overlevel the zone. Of course this doesn't work if all the quests flow in a series together, requiring you to complete all the previous ones to progress.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 00:20   Link #328
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
How many folks in guild now Dist? Been doing Uni stuff alllllll weekend (and today to it seems, but might get some time later this afternoon to play.
We have 25 members now. Still quite small, but we only recruit as we go.. so to speak. So when we meet people. What was your char. name on game btw? I keep forgetting, with what friends from 3 different forums >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Well of course it does.

But that's what game reviews are for; to see if you think they're good by other's opinions. I've read many of them, but I wanted to hear accounts from people who don't do reviews as a job or requirement. From "real people" so to speak.
By reading this topic it should be clear ; This game is the best MMO of all times. It's incredibly fun, due it's combat.. So even when it lacks in quest department, I don't really care either way. '' Once you go TERA, you never go back (nyerk). '' .. In other words, after you've played a MMO with a combat system like this, there's no going back to tab-targeting games. I say buy it, and give it a shot. And if you're worried about end-game stuff .. don't be. There's loads of stuff to do even at max level, so your money won't go to nothing while waiting for quests. One example is the Nexus, sort of instanced area with random quests generated when you enter, and the place has BAM's that require over 20 people to kill. (Or so the article said.. we'll see when we get there ). Then there's of course grinding hard mode instances and all that, and then making more characters :P.
Old 2012-04-30, 00:57   Link #329
Mr Hat and Clogs

It's Vexana, I'll have to drop out of the guild I'm in at the moment though (of which I know no one). would you guys be on much during late PST evenings? (which is my early evenings. - day times for me is early evening for you guys, if you're US.)
Old 2012-04-30, 01:02   Link #330
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
That's because they made the game much easier than what it actually should had been. You level much faster on the Western TERA compared to others versions which in turn make it impossible to finish some achievements related to repeatable quests
Old 2012-04-30, 01:22   Link #331
Mr Hat and Clogs

Probably because western folks have little to no patience for blatantly repetitive grinding and have the attention span of a three year old.
Old 2012-04-30, 01:30   Link #332
Xion Valkyrie

Anyone have any success enchanting past +4? I've failed something like 6-7 green and 2 blue level 27 swords trying to get to +5.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 02:21   Link #333
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Images
heh glitches :P
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Somehow charging against a pillar got me moving vertically up the wall :P
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 02:34   Link #334
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Probably because western folks have little to no patience for blatantly repetitive grinding and have the attention span of a three year old.
Repetitive grinding isn't fun. I'm pretty happy with the speed of leveling. It's fast, but not too fast, and the number of quests isn't absurd like SWTOR.

I'm up to level 32 and I had plenty of opportunity to do repeatable quests in Sinestral Manor to get my level 32 progress token armor--I didn't bother with the weapon since I picked up the Fanggyre in SM.

@Xion Valkyrie: I managed to enchant my disc to +5. I can't seem to get it to +6. I used a white to get it to +1, greens to get it from +1 to +3 and a blue to get it to +4. Then it ate six blues and more greens than I can count trying to get +5.

Then I accidentally put a white in the slot when trying today and it finally leveled up to +5. I'm probably not going to bother getting it to +6. I'll replace the damn thing when I start running Cultist's Refuge in three or so levels, anyway...

Speaking of amusing screenshots, this is the all-elin girl-group dancing troupe I ran into near the flight point in Velika today, and was compelled to join in.

Images
screenshot
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'm the one in the gold dress, the only one without a floating name, of course...

They were all trying to get some random guy to dance, but he refused, so they kept convincing more and more elin, and later just females of any race, to join in. All of it in-character so it was especially amusing. I heard while I was out farming alchemy materials that they had gotten the number up to something like 37 people, mostly elin.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-04-30 at 16:36. Reason: Added an image tag for the large image
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 02:34   Link #335
Mr Hat and Clogs

Mmm, is the login server down at the moment? I can't seem to login. The login screen won't load in the patcher.
Old 2012-04-30, 02:42   Link #336
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Mmm, is the login server down at the moment? I can't seem to login. The login screen won't load in the patcher.
Servers are down for maintenance. They won't be back up until 7AM PST. I'm hoping it's to fix the horribly bugged chat.
Old 2012-04-30, 02:44   Link #337
Westlo
Lets be reality

Sucks for us hey Mr Hat.. was craving to play some TERA and it's down to what 12am for us? And I have to start @ 6am tomorrow... le sigh.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 02:52   Link #338
Mr Hat and Clogs

Oh fragglin hell! Was looking forward to it today after spending the whole day on this assignment! Would have played this morning otherwise! Yeah, won't be up until midnight.. Oh well, at least I'll be home from Uni by lunch tomorrow. Get some TERA time in before BF3 funtimes.

Also, lol @ that Elin pic, its amusing that they are all (more or less) in time. heh.
Old 2012-04-30, 03:10   Link #339
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Yeah she did something... she mentioned it, some game function actually stopped her dance, but originally we were all in synchronization.
Old 2012-04-30, 03:22   Link #340
Thany
Unfair

So just got into a new area and this is what I found lol
Spoiler for loli castanic?: