Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-26, 10:51   Link #401
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I want to cry. Well, I can't blame you for knowing almost nothing about Buddhism since I have no idea about what's in the bible.

Buddha was a normal person. He's just a super prodigy. He never has fancy multiple arms like what the Chinese made him to be in their sculpter.
FORGIVE MEEEEEEE, Kleeyook! Truthfully i have no idea about Buddha at all (I wrote that after watching Forbidden Kingdom Movie where they depict Buddha as a sacred man with 1000 hands). Once again, I'm sorry!

Spoiler for Ellen and Tigre:

About that picture, why do i have feeling that Ellen was gonna r@p3 Tigre?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 16:15   Link #402
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Isn't it because he have multiple hands that enabling him to wields multiple weapons at once? (sorry for getting off topic)
A bit off-topic, but the one you're talking about might be a god in Hinduism. Or Nezha, but he just has six arms.
Old 2012-09-26, 19:23   Link #403
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
A bit off-topic, but the one you're talking about might be a god in Hinduism. Or Nezha, but he just has six arms.
There's one in Buddhism that had a thousand arms I believe.. And of course the 100 armed Hekatonkaires show up in Greek mythology..

EDIT: And here we go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avaloki...Avalokitesvara

Last edited by willx; 2012-09-26 at 20:35.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 19:39   Link #404
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
There's one in Buddhism that had a thousand arms I believe.. And of course the 100 armed Hekatonkaires show up in Greek mythology..
Yeah! That's it! That's it! Thanks a lot, Willx!
Old 2012-09-26, 22:13   Link #405
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Ah. Now it makes sense.

This part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
Spoiler for Pillar of Fire?:
Spoiler for The Black Bow's first true activation:

PS. Bartran is no mere subcharacter meant to get sacrificed; he's been important since Volume 1. If it weren't for him risking life and limb
Spoiler for Bartran's deed:
. Bonus points considering his age.
Old 2012-09-26, 22:26   Link #406
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Was after Tigre's elderly aide Bartran (who has been serving Tigre's family since the time of his father) dies after taking a blow from a sword meant to kill Tigre.
That means Batran died protecting Tigre? Who killed him?

Quote:
In Tigre's overwhelming grief and melancholy, the Black Bow completely resonates with its wielder, starts shaking - and then a black pillar of light shoots up from the ground racing up towards the heavens, resembling a black dragon (the words "black dragon" spilled from the mouths of Elen and Regin, who both witnessed the event) thunderously flying up at the sky before the dark light disappears.
That means that Black Dragon thing was not "real" Black Dragon but something that resembling one? (Don't tell me i got trolled all this time)

Quote:
If the Gods and the Dragons had a war long ago, then why is Tir na Fa's Black Bow associated with a Black Dragon? And just exactly why is Tir na Fa's Black Bow able to make the Viralts subserviently offer it their power
Umm, why God and Dragon had to fighting in the first place? Judging from your previous spoilers, probably Tir Na Fa was not God but a Dragon?
Old 2012-09-26, 22:33   Link #407
willx
Nyaaan~~

OOOH! Erhjegel! Thanks for this! Amazing! Man, this is driving me nuts!

How is this not one of the most popular light novels out there!? How!? I'd put this up there with Mahouka, and that one is doing very well on the charts!

So Volume 5 sounds like it's amazing, albeit, I'm a much bigger fan of all the battles, strategy and political manoeuvring rather than the "power" output of the protagonists..
Old 2012-09-26, 22:34   Link #408
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
That means Batran died protecting Tigre? Who killed him?

That means that Black Dragon thing was not "real" Black Dragon but something that resembling one? (Don't tell me i got trolled all this time)

Umm, why God and Dragon had to fighting in the first place? Judging from your previous spoilers, probably Tir Na Fa was not God but a Dragon?
1. Steid, Tenaldie's right-hand man. He was going in for the kill on Tigre in a crumbling labyrinth, despite the risk of death.
2. The black pillar of light's intensity and ferocity made the people who saw and hear it associate it with a Black Dragon.
3. The reason, as I mentioned before, is still unknown. The legend was a very, very ancient one judging from the wall murals found in Mossha's shrine. Tir na Fa is a Goddess; just because one of the gods of a pantheon is on an antagonistic side doesn't suddenly mean she is of a different race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
OOOH! Erhjegel! Thanks for this! Amazing! Man, this is driving me nuts!

How is this not one of the most popular light novels out there!? How!? I'd put this up there with Mahouka, and that one is doing very well on the charts!

So Volume 5 sounds like it's amazing, albeit, I'm a much bigger fan of all the battles, strategy and political manoeuvring rather than the "power" output of the protagonists..
Don't worry; Volume 5 does not disappoint.

Spoiler for Volume 5 Battles:

When people check this series out, they go:

Look at the covers; check colored pages previews; assume it's just another harem series; promptly ignore.

That's why.

Also the lack of advertising and promotion. MF Bunko is barely doing anything to promote Madan no Ou to Vanadis.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-26 at 22:46.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 22:44   Link #409
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:

Look at the covers; check colored pages previews; assume it's just another harem series; promptly ignore.

That's why.
I'm sure a lot of translators read it casually, but its just a pain to translate. The majority of readers on the other hand probably won't like to read anything that isn't translated. I think this is one of those novels where it is hard to be enticed with just spoilers and summaries.
Old 2012-09-26, 22:45   Link #410
Insane
Banned

Quote:

That's why.
Lesson learned : "Do not judge a book from its cover"

Perhaps because there's no manga available for this series. I heard Madan no Ou get serialized in a not so famous manga magazine. Or we should blame the illustrator for making the illustration on cover pages "too sexy" under pretense "fanservice sells".
Old 2012-09-26, 22:47   Link #411
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
I'm sure a lot of translators read it casually, but its just a pain to translate. The majority of readers on the other hand probably won't like to read anything that isn't translated. I think this is one of those novels where it is hard to be enticed with just spoilers and summaries.
Unfortunately, that's true. If anything, I would compare this series to Horizon with regards to how...alive, well-sculpted and interconnected the world is (minus the whole "I can beat a deer to death with this thickness") as well as its characters. Spoilers and summaries just don't do justice, and they also lack most of the context with which to convey the story and its developments.

Quote:
Lesson learned : "Do not judge a book from its cover"

Perhaps because there's no manga available for this series. I heard Madan no Ou get serialized in a not so famous manga magazine. Or we should blame the illustrator for making the illustration on cover pages "too sexy" under pretense "fanservice sells".
That's not the illustrator's call.
Old 2012-09-26, 22:50   Link #412
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Hm, I don't know.. the spoilers and summaries are pretty dramatic. The battles are large and have an "epic" sense of appeal to them..

I'm more concerned not regarding English-speaking fans.. but actually how sales are doing in Japan. From the Mahouka thread, I saw that last weeks sales were all Oreimo, Mahouka and tons and tons of SAO..
Old 2012-09-26, 22:53   Link #413
Insane
Banned

Quote:
You're right man. I noticed on BT Forum that Florza dropped this series after translating 1 chapter due to him got hard time in translating name, measure, and several weird terminologies that frequently not making any sense at all.
Old 2012-09-26, 23:12   Link #414
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
You're right man. I noticed on BT Forum that Florza dropped this series after translating 1 chapter due to him got hard time in translating name, measure, and several weird terminologies that frequently not making any sense at all.
Imo I don't think he enjoyed the novel that much for it to be worth the trouble and its quite unpleasant going through with long-term translating if you are not "having fun" with it. I'll ask him the next time I see him but I'm pretty sure the terminology didn't play that much of a role. I mean translating Campione for me is like shooting myself in the foot with all those gods and explanations, but I love the novel so its a good kind of pain lol
Old 2012-09-26, 23:18   Link #415
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Imo I don't think he enjoyed the novel that much for it to be worth the trouble and its quite unpleasant going through with long-term translating if you are not "having fun" with it. I'll ask him the next time I see him but I'm pretty sure the terminology didn't play that much of a role. I mean translating Campione for me is like shooting myself in the foot with all those gods and explanations, but I love the novel so its a good kind of pain lol
Please don't. Rather than making his head screwed and cannot translating anymore, it's better to give him a rest. Campione in the other hand is reaaaally haaaaard to read, particularly when Godou spelling random words for activating his beloved sword (even for me who can only read the translation), so it's better not to compare them. Also, the kissing scene on Campione is too gratituous (Good kids should not read this)
Old 2012-09-26, 23:23   Link #416
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Please don't. Rather than making his head screwed and cannot translating anymore, it's better to give him a rest. Campione in the other hand is reaaaally haaaaard to read, particularly when Godou spelling random words for activating his beloved sword (even for me who can only read the translation), so it's better not to compare them. Also, the kissing scene on Campione is too gratituous (Good kids should not read this)
Oh, I don't mean dragging him back into translating this novel lol. I was just going to ask if the terminology was the main reason why he quit. I'm not 100% sure on this, but i think he said that he wasn't very interested in Vanadis, at least not as much as Campione. All i remember is a lot of not so great things spoken about this novel, probably them trying to save me from shooting myself in the foot trying to read this novel since I asked other people for their opinions.

Edit: I asked, "Imo I don't think he enjoyed the novel that much for it to be worth the trouble", he confirmed this

Last edited by TJP1600; 2012-09-26 at 23:43.
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 00:03   Link #417
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Oh, I don't mean dragging him back into translating this novel lol. I was just going to ask if the terminology was the main reason why he quit. I'm not 100% sure on this, but i think he said that he wasn't very interested in Vanadis, at least not as much as Campione. All i remember is a lot of not so great things spoken about this novel, probably them trying to save me from shooting myself in the foot trying to read this novel since I asked other people for their opinions.

Edit: I asked, "Imo I don't think he enjoyed the novel that much for it to be worth the trouble", he confirmed this
Really? Imo this novel is really great but well the effort to translate to the greatness of this novel ratio is.....this will be a PAIN to translate
Old 2012-09-27, 00:13   Link #418
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Really? Imo this novel is really great but well the effort to translate to the greatness of this novel ratio is.....this will be a PAIN to translate
Just wondering. What's the most difficulty in reading this series? Is it on author's writing style (e.g. Utsuro no Hako)? or terminologies (e.g. Campione)?
Old 2012-09-27, 00:16   Link #419
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Maybe Florza just read the beginning of the novel, i.e volume 01. While that volume is good, the plot only thickens in the next volumes.

The names and descriptions must really be annoying to translate, seeing as so many people commented on this.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 00:46   Link #420
havensgate
skull one

Quote:

That's why.

Also the lack of advertising and promotion. MF Bunko is barely doing anything to promote Madan no Ou to Vanadis.
hell..thats why i pick this ln the girls beautiful, interesting story, thrilling battle, a little bit of romance, and more importantly BIG BOOBS

verdict: 9/10 a good read for me
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)