I's really strange seeing them drawn digitally particularly Aoi and Natsumi
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 09:16   Link #22
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Mmm, I guess you are right... it is anime art after all. Well luckily Natsumi and Miyuki still got nice bodies lol.
Can't wait to see Miyuki again. Damn do I find her hot!
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 19:31   Link #23
Js2756
Thread Killer

Definitely looking forward to this, but I really hope they improve the writing from season 2. All those episodes without Natsumi were a drag, Miyuki isn't cut out to be a leading lady.
Old 2007-09-29, 15:11   Link #24
iamthebest22

Looks good to me, can't wait! Watch some episodes of the old ones (pretty hard to get them now, since they are like 4 years old xD) and I gotta say, pretty good.
iamthebest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 17:16   Link #25
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
Has anyone seen a group claim this series yet? Ive been building up some people to possibly form a temp group to do this if no one claims it.

I thought L-E might do it, but i stilll havent seen them, or anyone else announce it.

YUA:FT MUST BE SUBBED!
Zilveari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 18:07   Link #26
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

The OP if you're curious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3XbCiwSYz8
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 18:57   Link #27
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
First episode was OK.

Very 90's-style anime. No big pretentions, moderate-to-low budget, very unflashy and unhyped.

Those looking for some new quality anime may want to steer away. YUA 3 isn't all that amazing. It's more of a "oh, I loved previous YUA series, so let's watch another". Those who like YUA and Fujishima's work in general will probably like it.

Still, I thought it would have a bit more polish.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 19:21   Link #28
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
The yuri is strong in this one.

Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 19:37   Link #29
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
First episode was OK.

Very 90's-style anime. No big pretentions, moderate-to-low budget, very unflashy and unhyped.

Those looking for some new quality anime may want to steer away. YUA 3 isn't all that amazing. It's more of a "oh, I loved previous YUA series, so let's watch another". Those who like YUA and Fujishima's work in general will probably like it.

Still, I thought it would have a bit more polish.
Really? That is a big disappointment. I enjoy the old ones and was hoping the new ones could be better in story plot. If it has a good story plot, I will watch it no matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Nah, I think it is because this is the same studio as Maria sama ga Miteru. Just look at that maria-sama anime, except for the ending song, what yuri? But, hey, if there is really yuri in it, I will be there.
Old 2007-10-04, 19:58   Link #30
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
So far, the yuri is only in the ED. But the ED is extreeeeeeeemely yuriliscious! 8)

The story, or any hints thereof, are so far nonexistent. Episode 1 was, basically, filler.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 20:24   Link #31
guess

Just watched it. You don't need to know Japanese to understand it. This is to tell you how weak the story plot is. It must have been like what, ten years since the last season and they have not come up with a better story? Geeze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
So far, the yuri is only in the ED. But the ED is extreeeeeeeemely yuriliscious! 8)
You are right. It is soooooo yurilicous. I am sold.
Old 2007-10-04, 20:51   Link #32
darlliu

ED is like marimite with guns, or even better.....XD
darlliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 11:26   Link #33
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
In addition to what some others have said, I also mention that, unlike some other couple accused of being yuri, these two sleep in seperate rooms. Even though they share an apartment.
I can't remember for sure right now, but I believe you have Fujishima to thank for stating that specifically in the manga.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 12:52   Link #34
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Rather than saying the story is "weak," I'd say it's "iconic." The story is there just to provide a framework for showing us the characters and their moral excellence. For the first half of the episode, I was thinking: how slow, how simple, how uninteresting. Then I began to get into it. They created tension by very hackneyed means: pace, sound, music, but I was perfectly willing to go along and feel what they wanted me to feel. And the feelings were good.

It's definitely no accident that the ED resembles Marimite III's, since it wasn't just the same studio that did them, it was the same person: Nakajima Atsuko 中嶋敦子. She was the original character designer for You're Under Arrest, and has done genga (original drawings) for many shows over the years, including Jigoku Shoujo and Touka Gettan, recently. She isn't attached to any particular studio, but she does most of her work for Studio Deen.

Here's her picture, followed by screencaps from the two EDs. She is married, to another animator.

Speaking of implied yuri, I liked one of the last images in the show proper:
Spoiler for very minor spoiler for ep1:
I also want to mention how much I like the ED by Ishikawa Chiaki. She also did the OP for Simoun, another anime with yuri aspects.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-10-05 at 21:36.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 19:07   Link #35
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

I've never watched YUA for a deep and meaningful plot. It's never been about that IMO. Rather it's always been about light hearted approach that bordered on ridiculous at times and that's what's I want it to be.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 03:11   Link #36
Jimmy C

You know, with all the extra training they've been getting, it's kinda sad that Natsumi and Miyuki are still stuck as traffic cops. And I was under the impression that the transfer Natsumi got at the end of season 2 was permanent too.
Shame they kicked out Saori. She was a nice addition.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 04:16   Link #37
Hypernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
In addition to what some others have said, I also mention that, unlike some other couple accused of being yuri, these two sleep in seperate rooms. Even though they share an apartment.
I can't remember for sure right now, but I believe you have Fujishima to thank for stating that specifically in the manga.
I have the manga in my HD, I'm only referring to the ED although given the recent fad in yuri I wouldn't mind them taking it in that direction. The managa never really had such implications anyway especially since it was made in the 80s.
Old 2007-10-06, 12:26   Link #38
bestwish

It's only 1 espisode, we have much more espisodes to go. Please give them a chance.

I don't hope for perfect work or well story development in this series. YAU is always like this, no exitment or deep in plot. Producers make this anime easy to understand.

I can't believe this. They will pair Miyuki and Natsumi as a shoujo-ai couple. I think it only fanservice since both Miyuki and Natsumi have their boyfriends (I may say that).
bestwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 14:54   Link #39
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestwish View Post
I can't believe this. They will pair Miyuki and Natsumi as a shoujo-ai couple. I think it only fanservice since both Miyuki and Natsumi have their boyfriends (I may say that).
Actually, for some reason, a lot of OFFICIAL art features two of them as yuri couple. I never understand that. There is none in the show. Both of them have boyfriends and in good relationships. I don't think this is going to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
You know, with all the extra training they've been getting, it's kinda sad that Natsumi and Miyuki are still stuck as traffic cops. And I was under the impression that the transfer Natsumi got at the end of season 2 was permanent too.
That has puzzled me for the longest time. With their excellent skills, they should have secured high rank positions in FBI very easliy. Yet, they are merely a little better than meter maids. Man, they must have owed Tokyo police department a million dollars or had a gruge with the president.

Last edited by guest; 2007-10-06 at 16:19.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 15:57   Link #40
Hypernova

It one of those cliche refuse-promotion-because-they-like-what-they-do-now kind of thing.

Tags
comedy