AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-07, 03:40   Link #121
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

For what was a pretty boring premise of an alien capture, that fight scene sure as hell was over the top and just incredible to watch. Amazing. Or maybe I shouldn't be so surprised at A-1 studios anymore.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 04:31   Link #122
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Nothing much to say except, AWESOME FIRST EPISODE! *eagerly anticipates next episode*
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 07:10   Link #123
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1

Haven't seen the original Birdy. Jury's out. We'll see with this one. Rather indifferent at this stage, though. Feels like a fairly generic action piece to me.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 10:49   Link #124
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

WELL HERE I AM AFTER WATcHING the new birdy the might

here are some of my detailed comments

Story:well on the ova it was blunt out told that the man was sharing a body while here in the new series it need 2 ep

Char/background/art design:HOLLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!! BIRDY NEVER LOOKED HOTTER!!!!!! also man it really is new PRACTICALLY EVERYONE IS REMADE!!!! except for birdy`s figure /gg

still i find that many many many guys out there might like the new outfit that birdy wears(note: wow she is like wearing a stick on dress ahahah)

also the ED and OP song ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man i cant say thing in word but hell yeah ill be soo anticipating this hahahaha
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 19:20   Link #125
zalem

It was a decent episode. Nothing mind blowing, but the series has potential.
Old 2008-07-07, 20:21   Link #126
Happy_Chip

Ep 1 was fun, there were exciting fight scenes.

But:
Spoiler for OVA vs. TV series:
Happy_Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 20:30   Link #127
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Chip View Post

But:
It's still the first ep and they only fused at the end give it time, even he does not know about it.

Maybe the sister. Certainly the two girls. The one that went to the building with him and most likely his love interest. Should have some pretty moments with her trying to "help" in trying to get with the girl and the changes.
Old 2008-07-07, 20:50   Link #128
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Chip View Post

But:
Yeah, that's one thing I didn't like with he's parents having to leave just like that and the sister not living at home anymore something you see in typical anime/manga series but that never happened in any of the Birdy series. Gonna miss those comedy moments that Birdy had with the family.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 00:46   Link #129
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well from the brief clip I saw of the OVA, that guy seems younger in the TV series and that girl is more the annoying friend than a girlfriend. He's more interested in the brunette.

Maybe they are focusing more on action and Birdy since she's also the one showing the most skin.
Old 2008-07-08, 00:51   Link #130
Chase

kinda not in love with the he/she share the same body type thing. That kinda turns me off of the plot in general. That said, i enjoyed the first episode.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 01:01   Link #131
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

actually birdy like in the OVA does not have a love scene

thoguh i doubt ther will not put one in the TV series(bit man who would be that unlucky bastard)
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 03:31   Link #132
Itlandm
Porcupine

I never heard of Birdy before this - I thought at first that it was literally about birds, but talk about misleading name! Anyway, I like it. Lots of superpowered action and property damage during the fights, always a good thing!

This story is original in so many ways. Boys becoming girls is almost a genre in itself in Japanese entertainment, but this was certainly a special twist on it. Like UFO Princess Valkyrie taken to the next level, but (so far) without the juvenile humor.

The bland male protagonist reminds me of the typical lead in harem anime, which is always drab and "gentle" (passive) until the last episode. There is the stereotypical childhood friend, the rich heiress, even the bossy sister. It really just lacked the overly interested teacher and/or school nurse. -_- But there is no sign of actual harem action. It is so decent you could show it on a Republican convention and bring your grandma with you.

All in all, I enjoyed everything about episode 1 except the ED song.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 03:57   Link #133
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
The bland male protagonist reminds me of the typical lead in harem anime, which is always drab and "gentle" (passive) until the last episode.
actually if hes anything like the ova hes actually pretty smart and knows how to make a decision when it really counts.

With that said, after watching the first ep of this, I went and watched the ovas and enjoyed them looking forward to more of the anime adaption of this
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 07:18   Link #134
Nemuru

I'll have to say the first episode is quite awesome, for a remake of an 80's shows it show brings back alot of charms, lol.

Initially I thought of MIB ^^, aliening living on earth hehhe. Can't wait to see what funky alien design they going to be showing next. Saeko Chiba is surely impressive yet again.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 08:37   Link #135
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

oddly I really like the first episode and it's top of my list of anime to watch because the first episode impressed me the most out of all the summer anime I checked out so far.

and the OVA was awesome
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 10:06   Link #136
ZeroForever

hmm i had to check this one out, it was a good remake of the original OVA series (which i still have though it's VHS...)

the plot device of no family living with him as mentioned though is bland and typical and cuts out alot of social/family interaction in exchange for easier plot device/event usage. Some of the new character designs are interesting and the modernized look is nice.
Old 2008-07-08, 14:59   Link #137
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
kinda not in love with the he/she share the same body type thing. That kinda turns me off of the plot in general. That said, i enjoyed the first episode.
Spoiler:
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 17:31   Link #138
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
hmm i had to check this one out, it was a good remake of the original OVA series (which i still have though it's VHS...)

the plot device of no family living with him as mentioned though is bland and typical and cuts out alot of social/family interaction in exchange for easier plot device/event usage. Some of the new character designs are interesting and the modernized look is nice.
yea but the message on the machine only said like 3 days...so I REALLY hope they don't cut the family out, those were most of the comedic parts in the ova
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 17:47   Link #139
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
yea but the message on the machine only said like 3 days...so I REALLY hope they don't cut the family out, those were most of the comedic parts in the ova
they said the parents will be gone for a half a year as the father is on assignment.

i love the family interaction in the oav, it was hillarious. The tv is defintely taking thier time with the plot as whole gegee thing was over by end of ep1 in the oav.
Old 2008-07-08, 19:04   Link #140
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
i'm so happy to know other people who have seen the original birdy.

I really loved that ova, even though i didn't understand it back then, (only raws with chinese subs, which i can't read.)

birdy rocks and while i'm disappointed that this birdy doesn't exactly have the same sort of personality ( probably due to the fact her seiyuu is a little bit on the cuter side) making her more "softer" i love the animation.

all i hope is that they introduce a remake rendition of the "happy celebration" soundtrack they played in the last episode of the original OVA, you know, the one when they drive off in the bus?

i loved that tune.

actually i'll KILL to get that tune.

D:

Tags
action, sci-fi