Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-10-01, 18:26   Link #141
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
One thing very clear from the start of this episode was that even if Gama Gama hadn't been dilapidated there's no way it could have competed with Tingaara.
Kukuru's mistake was in believing she could just carry on the same way despite the workplace environment of Gama Gama and Tingaara being as far apart as a small corner shop and a huge superstore.
That's what she has to learn as she's been placed there in the hope she will learn and progress up the management structure. But does she want to?
Tingaara is really a breathtaking Aquarium. I wonder if it's based on an existing one?

And indeed, is what the director forcing on her what Kurkuru actually wants to do? I get that he sees a lot of potential in her but maybe she's happy simply taking care of the animals. There's a reason some people refuse promotions, being higher up the ladder isn't always better.
Old 2021-10-01, 18:52   Link #142
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There's a reason some people refuse promotions, being higher up the ladder isn't always better.
"People may spend their whole lives climbing the ladder of success only to find, once they reach the top, that the ladder is leaning against the wrong wall." - Thomas Merton

Some of us have even taken a "demotion" and ended up happier.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-01, 20:47   Link #143
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
2. Her new manager may be a bit harsh, but he preperad all required information for her. It is similar in any big company. you may have get a trasining for some basic position but you should study for something more serious. Also, he clearly said that they are currently short-handed so he cannot assign a proper mentor for her..
A new person who doesn't know anything joins through connections, but no one bothers to train her, and then her manager calls her names. I've been in big companies, but definitely haven't seen a manager call one of their team members names in front of their team yet.

Then again, PA Works hasn't exactly been known to be a nice place, so... I guess you can say P.A. Works adequately captures the realities of (their) workplaces

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-02, 00:21   Link #144
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Here's your Hanasaku Iroha call-back.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-10-05, 01:37   Link #145
Marina2

Base on next ep. Preview and OP, it seems Fuuka will have to work with Chiyu. I am interested to see their interaction.

Or.....maybe if Fuuka don't actually work there at all, that would be nice twist too.

Last edited by Marina2; 2021-10-05 at 01:50.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 15:24   Link #146
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

If I had to choose, I'd prefer working at Musashino Animation over Tingaara Aquarium.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 18:04   Link #147
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Fuuka just so happened to be there when Kukuru was about to break down and now we find out she secretly moved in next door to her and got a job at the same place as her... That's pretty much textbook stalker behavior
But Kukuru loves Fuuka (as a sister, no yuri in PA works anime) so she just rolls with it.

Kukuru's boss is completely unreasonable. What does he even do anyway? It seems like he just comes up with ideas to promote the Aquarium and gets Kukuru to do all the work. And when it fails, he tells her to come up with a better idea next time. So I guess he's not even the idea guy anymore?

Chiyu is actually a better boss. She gave her a test because she thought she wasn't serious about the work, and when she aced it she congratulated her.
Old 2021-10-07, 19:09   Link #148
monsta666

A nice change of tone as this latest epi was more upbeat than the stuff we got recently. For a change we have hope things could get better. One thing I do wonder about is why did they make a thing that Fuuka would disappear? She never left the story. Were the writers simply trolling us?

Whatever the case, it was goood to see Kuhuru get over her recent funk and she is now applying herself to make the most of her new role. She hasn't got it easy and it seems like it is sink or swim seeing as her boss doesn't give a damn.

With Fuuka being an attendant, I do think she could provide a calming influence on Chiyu so she is less abrasive against Kuhuru in future episodes. One thing that is sorta making me ponder is whether there is a reason for the high of number of new starters. It has been suggested the work environment is toxic and this could be reflected by the high staff turnover hence the place having lots of newbies. The terrible boss also fits into this making this a possibility... Then again, I am probably over thinking it...
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 20:57   Link #149
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was just to convenient them being neighbors and Kukuru is really starting to get a hand on that job while Fuuka have to memorize 20 penguins

Wow those penguins are dumb
Old 2021-10-08, 01:00   Link #150
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta666 View Post
One thing I do wonder about is why did they make a thing that Fuuka would disappear? She never left the story. Were the writers simply trolling us?
I never doubted for a moment that Fuuka would be back. The writers had made that pretty clear. More likely the idea of "hiding" her return was something they dreamed up in Marketing. Probably someone like Kukuru's boss came up with it.

Speaking of Kukuru's boss, he pulls some of the same crap my own boss pulls. No wonder I had such a strong reaction last week.

For a while, I thought maybe Fuuka would have already known some of the penguins because they came from Gama Gama, but I guess that would have made her "test" too easy and passing it not impressive enough. I wonder where the Gama Gama penguins went, though.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-08, 03:24   Link #151
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I wonder where the Gama Gama penguins went, though.
I was sure her grandpa initially said they are going to "Tingaara" so it is quite odd. Maybe I should re-watch that ep.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-08, 07:34   Link #152
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I definitely expected Choco to be there, but evidently not.
Old 2021-10-09, 06:33   Link #153
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 14:

Fuuka really works hard when she likes to do something. Memorizing 20 penguin names so quickly.
she was not hostile when Chiyu trained at Gama, so that's why Chiyu is a bit nicer to her.

a bit worrying that Choko is nowhere to be found, I was expecting to see him with the other penguins.

the new guy who wears glasses is actually nice, and Marina is nice too.. looks like there won't be much problems from these two.

and another surprise, Fuuka was able to rent the room that is beside Kukuru's room. They almost live together now, only separated by a wall.

looking forward to next week!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-14, 17:03   Link #154
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

When I saw Kuuya acting all casual with Kaoru I thought "guess that's a man, could have fooled me", but then it turned out Kuuya is just blind. And deaf.

I hate the assistant director more every week. All he cares about is advertisement and nothing else. Him telling Kukuru she shouldn't care if her ideas put more strain on the attendants particularly irked me. The only reason the exhibition succeeded is because Kukuru put in double the work.
Old 2021-10-14, 19:49   Link #155
Wandering Soul

I have no idea how Kuuya could have made that mistake at all.
Old 2021-10-14, 20:51   Link #156
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Kukuru coming up with a sea slugs exhibit and approving it you think they would do something more exciting
Old 2021-10-15, 06:47   Link #157
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 15:

recognized the voice. Voice actor of assistant director is also the voice for Ainz Ooal Gown.. so that's why he sounds so tough. lol

anyway, some sea slug drama. But still a fun episode... Kukuru starting to get along with the other employees.

looking forward to next week.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-21, 11:57   Link #158
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

What the F
Spoiler for didnt see that coming:

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-21, 13:08   Link #159
Marina2

Ep.16

That back story of Chiyu is the most unexpected thing I have seen from this show.

Spoiler for Chiyu:
Old 2021-10-21, 18:05   Link #160
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

From what I've read Japan is no picnic for single mothers. Imagine trying to hide the fact you have a child at a place like an aquarium. Probably a more accepting environment overall than working in an office, and Chiyu still felt she couldn't reveal her secret to anyone.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote