AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-22, 13:53   Link #121
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Hm... would you have been talking about something like this?
Yes, that's the bonus illustration that came with the book for me. This guy is probably selling the Sora clearfile separately.
Old 2010-11-25, 20:32   Link #122
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

i have a question?..
what is the game size of Sora VN?..

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 20:36   Link #123
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

According to the game folder....around 2.07 GB.
Old 2010-11-27, 21:58   Link #124
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Probably, it has been asked before; but which girls had their own routes in the game ... the reason for asking is that I checked the CGs and I got the impression that there were 7!?! routes, which seems unlikely
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 22:15   Link #125
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Probably, it has been asked before; but which girls had their own routes in the game ... the reason for asking is that I checked the CGs and I got the impression that there were 7!?! routes, which seems unlikely
There are two different games. There's the original game which has 5 routes, and the fandisk which has 3 major routes (one overlapping):

Yosuga no Sora:
- Sora
- Nao
- Akira
- Kazuha
- Motoka

Haruka na Sora (Yosuga no Sora "Fun" (fan) Disk):
- Sora
- Kozue
- Yahiro

Between the two games, there are 7 different heroines.
Old 2010-11-29, 11:48   Link #126
Nickymanga

what did you mean by consumer port?

Haru looked very trouble in preveiw makes me wonder how he came to love sora.
Technically does sora maniplaute haru into loving her too? obviously not like nao

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-29 at 12:17. Reason: Please don't double post
Nickymanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 09:40   Link #127
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

I'm gussing this game is only in Japanese? With no English patchs?
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 17:38   Link #128
Slayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
I'm gussing this game is only in Japanese? With no English patchs?
There is an English patch floating around the web that translates the whole common route and Kazuha's route (sex scenes weren't translated) but that's more of a beta with a lot of spelling errors (and needs a lot of words to be edited/quality checked)

Ahem... wall of text ahead...

Spoiler:
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 20:09   Link #129
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayn View Post
There is an English patch floating around the web that translates the whole common route and Kazuha's route (sex scenes weren't translated) but that's more of a beta with a lot of spelling errors (and needs a lot of words to be edited/quality checked)

Ahem... wall of text ahead...

Spoiler:
Ah I read about that English patch, was hoping there was a full English version out already since the game is what 2 years old now?

I'll really enjoyed watching the Anime so would like to play the game as well, I never played games like this and just started to play Clannad.

Will look forward to your good work!
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 02:18   Link #130
Seitsuki
Onee!

Well the thing is VNs are extremely wordy (as you would know if you've played one.. ^^; ) which means that unless it's *really* popular (like FSN/Tsukihime, Higurashi/Umineko, Clannad etc) or has a sufficiently motivated and dedicated fanbase (say Shuffle!) a full TL is rather unlikely, as any existing TLers get some work done, fade away, and with the VNs declining profile don't get replaced. Adding to the problems with YnS is the C&D the original team received, which means an open wiki style translation project ala Baka-tsuki just isn't feasible (and that cuts down greatly on potential willing helpers). So don't expect anything anytime soon, but keep your fingers crossed
Old 2011-01-10, 20:29   Link #131
Seitsuki
Onee!

Don't ask about DLs here, there's a rule about that I think. And don't encourage him you D:< (no, I don't know what irony means <3 )

As for if you want to buy.. Amazon JP is one of the only sites which still have it I can find, but they're all fairly marked up and it'll cost a load to ship CDs outside Japan. The fan disc is more reasonably priced but again, watch the shipping.

And there isn't a complete eng patch out. There is one which had the common route and Kazuha route (sans H scenes) TLed, but since the C&D don't expect any progress.
Old 2011-01-10, 21:26   Link #132
larethian

I always like to buy for the extra stuff, esp in the first-time limited release, though the additional cost does make me selective sometimes. for the older ones, i'll go for commercial downloads from getchu. and very obviously, everyone who's into VN knows what I'm getting next
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 21:49   Link #133
asdffdsa

I'm slowly inching my way through the game with my extremely limited japanese, and I would like to know whether or not there is some sort of "indicator" that would confirm whether or not I'm on Sora's route. I understand that you need to finish the game with another character prior to getting Sora's route (man, what a cruel design decision that was...), so I downloaded some saved game files and a patch of some sort here: http://g-seeker.net/game/y/yosuganosora.html

Given that the route I'm settled on is quite clearly completely focused on Sora, I'm under the impression that downloading those patches opened up her route .... but I just don't want to unexpectedly experience a bad end or something. With this kind of story, it would certainly ruin my day.
asdffdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 19:24   Link #134
Seitsuki
Onee!

Don't worry, no knife nuts or otherwise batshit insane characters in this game to spoil your morning.

The link seems to be a walkthrough of sorts, along with providing savedata. Still even if the save file you have is 100% completion, you'll still have to make the right choices to hit her route in the first place. Just follow the instructions for the 穹 section and you'll be fine, or if you have the common route TL patch it basically boils down to "knock on her door then shaft everyone else" (as per standard).
Old 2011-05-15, 03:44   Link #135
clubbreaker

might seem a little late though... but can i ask do most of you who played the game actually understand japanese? or you had to use a translator to understand the other untranslated routes?

i've been a fan of YnS ever since I saw the anime (which led to me to DLing the game) and I am dying to understand better the other routes (besides Kazuha which is translated albeit a few errors... but its good)

thanks in advance!
clubbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 01:13   Link #136
Seitsuki
Onee!

I'd say most of the people who have the game actually understand JP, unless they just got it for the naughty bits pretty pictures. Considering the TL seems rather stalled, if you are truly desperate you can just use AGTH to grab the text then run it through an online translator. Just don't expect good readability or accuracy though.
Old 2012-03-31, 09:28   Link #137
Megatetragnatha

Hi everyone!

I would be gratefull if anyone could tell me, if I can purchase digital copy of Yosuga no Sora game+ fun disk Haruka na Sora somewhere? (maybe official sphere site ?) And if it's not possible, so maybe someone could give me an advice where can i purchase a phisical copy? (i live in UK)

I'm not familiar with japanese but i downloaded game from torrent+ english translation and i liked the story (yep, another fan of Sora Kasugano ) so i've decided to support game developer

Any advice would be appreciated.
Megatetragnatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 12:54   Link #138
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatetragnatha View Post
I would be gratefull if anyone could tell me, if I can purchase digital copy of Yosuga no Sora game+ fun disk Haruka na Sora somewhere? (maybe official sphere site ?) And if it's not possible, so maybe someone could give me an advice where can i purchase a phisical copy? (i live in UK)
So, in terms of digital distribution, this isn't quite as big in Japan as it is elsewhere in the world yet, and it's still rare for the more "mainstream" (such that it is) titles to have digital distribution options. I don't see any such option for any Cuffs/Sphere works.

In terms of physical copies, there aren't very many stores that will sell/ship them directly overseas. I see the original game is backordered on Amiami, and I can't seem to get PaletWeb to log me in to that part of the site. You may be able to make a special request at JList and they might be able to find some copies (though they'd charge a small premium for the service). Given that the games are a bit older now, it's a little bit harder to get using the limited options available.

The most reliable way to get these games -- though it would add a bit of cost -- would be to have them forwarded to you through a proxy or a mail forwarding service. The service I use generally is called Tenso, and I wrote a guide to explain how it works (also for importing in general). Both the original game and the fandisk are up on Amazon (though the later is in the marketplace, but that won't make a difference if you're using a proxy or Tenso).

Anyway, I hope that helps. Sadly it isn't quite as easy to import eroge as it should be, particularly after the game is a few years old, but there are still ways if you're determined and willing to spend a bit.
Old 2012-04-01, 22:07   Link #139
Megatetragnatha

relentlessflame, Thank you very much for your answer!

It looks like Tenso is what i was looking for. Although the game is not cheap, I will try to purchase it.

I have some more questions regarding:

1) I know that Haruka na Sora disk contains extra content to fill the gap in the original game between the climax and the epilogue.But does Haruka na Sora disk contain additional story chapter after the epilogue?

2) I saw on the internet some sex pics of Sora and Haru from the game. But I haven't seen them on my playthrough. Does it mean, that there is an option to turn off and turn on adult content? Or these pictures are from...well..artbook and not the actual gameplay?

3)I have't completed the game yet (which i've downloaded from torrent while I'm waiting for my copy from amazon) , but is the ending the same in eroge as in anime? Because in anime you can't tell for sure if Haru and Sora alive or dead...It's like 50/50.

4) In manga Haru decided to meet an acquaintance of their parents out of sudden in the last chapter. And no explanation is given why (becides, Sora disagrees with Haru, so it was only Haru's decision). Is it the same in YnS game? And can someone explain me why he decided to do so?

5) And the final question is...if Haru and Sora decided to stay together until the end in the game(like they did in anime and manga)? I know it's strange question, but still...just wanted to make sure
Megatetragnatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 23:43   Link #140
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
1) I know that Haruka na Sora disk contains extra content to fill the gap in the original game between the climax and the epilogue.But does Haruka na Sora disk contain additional story chapter after the epilogue?
As I recall, the Haruka na Sora fandisk ends at the same point as the original game, which is...

Spoiler for End of Yosuga no Sora/Haruka na Sora:

Quote:
2) I saw on the internet some sex pics of Sora and Haru from the game. But I haven't seen them on my playthrough. Does it mean, that there is an option to turn off and turn on adult content? Or these pictures are from...well..artbook and not the actual gameplay?
I don't know if the patch has an option related to that, but the original game didn't have any such option. If it's that you've seen certain pictures that haven't showed up in the game, it's possible that some of those scenes were in the fandisk. But yes, those scenes are probably from one of the games.

(Keep in mind that, in order to unlock Sora's route, you have to complete any one of the other routes first. So if you're not getting that far in Sora's route, it's probably that the route isn't unlocked.)

Quote:
3)I have't completed the game yet (which i've downloaded from torrent while I'm waiting for my copy from amazon) , but is the ending the same in eroge as in anime? Because in anime you can't tell for sure if Haru and Sora alive or dead...It's like 50/50.
In the game it isn't ambiguous at all.

Spoiler for Game ending, Sora route:

Quote:
4) In manga Haru decided to meet an acquaintance of their parents out of sudden in the last chapter. And no explanation is given why (becides, Sora disagrees with Haru, so it was only Haru's decision). Is it the same in YnS game? And can someone explain me why he decided to do so?
I actually don't remember the full explanation here, but my general sense was that he just thought it was best to get away for a while, almost like a vacation. So much had gone on between him and Sora that they just needed a chance to relax and be together, and meeting with the relatives was a good opportunity. It was also an opportunity for a little end-game joke where Kozue didn't know what happened, and thought they had moved away for good without saying goodbye (so they were trying to make the game players think that's what happened), but everyone else knew that they were just on vacation and they were just messing with Kozue (and us).

Quote:
5) And the final question is...if Haru and Sora decided to stay together until the end in the game(like they did in anime and manga)? I know it's strange question, but still...just wanted to make sure
Yes, in Sora's route, of course they stay together. See all the above answers for more info.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance