AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-04, 01:53   Link #1121
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Lol best part was the cat fight. At least Ebihara got over it and is fine now. Looks like Yukiko is back and things can get going again.
Almost... best part was that everyone ignored them for the duration of the game
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 02:05   Link #1122
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

If I didn't know better, I'd say
Spoiler:
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 02:06   Link #1123
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Bwahahaha! This episode was great! We've basically gone through the entire Moon SL (Ebihara Ai) and partway through Strength (Basketball route, Ichijou Kou).

The good stuff the anime added:
* Yuu-Ebi-Kou-Chie love rectangle!
* Ebi v Chie catfight!
* new music during the Ebi dates and the baskeball game/catfight!

The skipped stuff:
* details about Ebi and Kou's home lives. Since the Moon SL is over, I guess I can fill in the details I remember. She's actually rich, since her parents recently came into wealth.

The WTF:
* Yuu is huge. The game designs were slightly chibi compared to normal proportions, so I never noticed.

This show is just getting better and better. The writers are actually filling in some deficiencies in the game, even if everything is rushed.
I notice that he's taller than Kou. When Kanji shows up, he should be slightly taller than Yu. Yukiko is the tallest of the females in P4 and the anime shows her height appropriately. Looks like he got 2 S. Links done in a week according to the calendar.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 02:37   Link #1124
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
Love is over :_D.
Spoiler for stuff on episode 5:
Spoiler:

though really Chie and Ai's cat fight is golden and no one even cares.

But with Ai's social link finished. There goes the harem end in my first play through I messed up in Ai's social link that I ended up in the friend zone. Unlike the others which is all in the lovers zone.

And here I thought by the end of the series Yu will be irresistible harem king.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-04, 05:16   Link #1125
Key Board
Carbon

Yuu's cellphone ring tone is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czvAqWELYHs

how appropriate
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 07:28   Link #1126
Lukix
. . .

Spoiler:

I'm glad they're adding some things without 100% focusing on game story.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-04, 08:31   Link #1127
Sides

Well I guess it was OK. That bitch slapping scene was probably the only thing rememberable, apart from Yu's awesome social skills.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 09:33   Link #1128
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't think they're done with Kou either. There is more to his story than what we saw, and that's most likely the reason they chose him over Daisuke in the anime. I like the way they handled Ai. A little fast paced but it did the job. I very much enjoyed the catfight

Yu's now got 3 new personas in store. I can't imagine him having to use them all in a boss fight, so they might keep the sub boss battle this time. He could also use them on mobs, but that'd be a waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube View Post
So am I the only one who noticed the Catherine reference in this episode?
That made me laugh really hard. Setting up "Love is over" as his ringtone for Ai was genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukix View Post
Spoiler:
Both. Or rather, either one of them. She likes whoever you choose as your strength link.
Old 2011-11-04, 10:38   Link #1129
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
The skipped stuff:
* details about Ebi and Kou's home lives. Since the Moon SL is over, I guess I can fill in the details I remember. She's actually rich, since her parents recently came into wealth.
They certainly alluded to it, but never confirmed it - so I guess the game does confirm it

Anyway...

A little bit faster than I expected - but as it is a social link episode and somewhat irrelevant to the main plot beyond giving Yu as many persona to use against the shadows, I can't say I'm surprised. Have to admit - bloody hell is Yu quick or what? a social link fully completed in about ten days.

Unlike in the game where you could side step the main plot (such as rescuing Yukiko) to do such social links, an anime portrayal can't get away with that - so it certainly makes more sense this way.

Honestly never got to the end of Ai or the basketball/soccer club social links, but it seems like they're well worth another look
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 11:53   Link #1130
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Speaking about Yuu's height, I saw this fanmade chart of the main charaters from the persona games (without p1). I guess is based on official info, and the heck... characters on p2 were tall, too.

http://i.minus.com/iXlSZaGnihl4C.jpg
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 11:56   Link #1131
Sides

Quote:
Speaking about Yuu's height, I saw this fanmade chart of the main charaters from the persona games (minus p1). I guess is based on official info, and the heck... characters on p2 were tall, too.

I like the picture, especially P3's male main character with the hair dryer ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 12:04   Link #1132
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
that bitch slap fight was epic. I was dying.

I dunno, something just feels, off, with the pacing of the show. I know they have to get through a lot of content, but I think they are kind of rushing things to be honest. I can only assume they are gonna do a LOT of S. Link's if they are blowing through multiple's in a single episode. I mean, that's good and bad, more S. Link's=more story, but each one will be really short and they will have to cut details. Fun episode though.

Strangely enough, this is getting me sort of hyped to play the Vita version. P4 is one of my favorite games ever, but I had no intention to play it again as it's so long, but I think I might have to pick it up when it comes out.
Old 2011-11-04, 14:01   Link #1133
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh right, it's a social link. And here I thought I watched a completely pointless filler...

(Not joking, I genuinely thought that)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 14:44   Link #1134
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Speaking about Yuu's height, I saw this fanmade chart of the main charaters from the persona games (without p1). I guess is based on official info, and the heck... characters on p2 were tall, too.

How sexist! Practically ALL the women are smaller than the guys(except the little P3 boy) =0\
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 15:10   Link #1135
ookamigirl

Well... this was not as interesting as previous episodes.
More like school life stuff..
Jealous girlfriend & basketball club, what's up with this episode, kinda disappointed.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 16:41   Link #1136
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
How sexist! Practically ALL the women are smaller than the guys(except the little P3 boy) =0\
Well, Jun is shorter than Yukino (both from P2 IS), but... I guess Jun is a special case.

Even so, MC for p3 was pretty short too. And, oh, well, in fiction this is the standard: men are always as tall as women or taller. The contrary is really rare.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 20:02   Link #1137
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Social Links! My bane and addiction throughout P3P Every time that bar increased by one you get that little high

Kou was a pretty okay guy he makes a good friend but I was never really into the whole sports thing so I don't quite get 'passion'... But on the other hand, Ai was really cute and Imo, a better design than the P3's sport manager not to mention that voice (Itou Kanae ), and I like her story about how she actually worked hard to get her looks and didn't have everything served up to her on a silver platter.

Funny how Chie is still pretty popular even though she isn't as feminine as the other girls, but I like how she stood up to Ai and didn't falter when Ai countered if she liked Yuu.

P.S - Ono Daisuke and Sugita Tomokazu...Really? These two guys playing best friends again ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 21:16   Link #1138
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The two social links I liked the least...

The catfight was hilarious, seeing Itou Kanae and Horie Yui duking it out. Then again they just rampaged through 2 hole freaking links.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2011-11-04 at 22:27.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 21:29   Link #1139
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Oh right, it's a social link. And here I thought I watched a completely pointless filler...

(Not joking, I genuinely thought that)
Persona games have that... blending soft date/friend sim with pointless RPG-inspired hack'n'slash

Quite addicting I must add

Let's see how it works in the adaption, a filler now and then ain't bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Well... nature IS sexist, average male height IS larger than female (for most species)
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 21:31   Link #1140
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

god i loved that episode, especially how yuu hanged up on her then got scared and called her back.

i really enjoyed this episode 9/10

Tags
action, fantasy