AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-09, 11:36   Link #101
EusthEnoptEron
招かざる密航者

Okay, here's an updated synopsis + the cover illustration for volume #5.

Quote:
敵同士となった醍哉と一輝。二人の“箱”使い、その勝者は――。
◆空ろの箱と零のマリア5
著/御影瑛路 イラスト/鉄雄 定価:620円

醍哉が手にした箱は“罪と罰と罪の影”。
  人々の罪を可視化、それを取り込むことによって対象を傀儡化するその“箱”を使い、
 彼は人間を『選別』していく。自身の信念に基づいて。
  醍哉を“敵”とみなす一輝は、彼を止めるため、箱“願い潰しの銀幕”を使い、醍哉
 を封じ込める。
 “箱”VS“箱”。そして衝突する二人。果たして勝者は――?

Using his “Box“ named "Sin and Punishment and the Figure of Sin" that allows him to see and capture others' sins, after which they become his puppets, Daiya starts to sort out the human race—based on his own convictions.
Deeming Daiya his enemy, Kazuki locks him into a "Box" called “The Wish-crushing Film“.
"Box" vs. "Box". Kazuki vs. Daiya. Who will win this fight...?
Maria looks quite different on the cover--especially her white uniform. Tetsuo's style has changed since the first volume, and I preferred his former style, but melikes it anyway.
EusthEnoptEron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 12:49   Link #102
azziz

looking at the illustration,i can't help but worry:could maria have fallen victim to daiya box?
she ruined many life with her box,even if unwilingly,thus becoming his pupet.
and that would explain why kazuki would choose to go back on his principle and beg zero for a box.
but i hope that won't be the case:as much as i've enjoyed seeing him grew some balls and becoming more proactive,i'd hate to see maria reduced twice in a row to a princess waiting for his knight to rescue her-this time would be worse if she were to become just a puppet!
maria awesomeness is part off what attracted me to this novel in the first place,so,with a worthy opponent such as a genius,like daiya,i hope we will see her shine in the role that suit her the most:a (S)queen,ideal and complementary partner of kazu,no again a hepless princess waiting for her knight to rescue her.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 12:52   Link #103
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I wonder what the enormous plot twist will be this time.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 10:46   Link #104
NeutralZero

Been a while... a very long while but now that the next volume is going out soon, the waiting's worth it...
So Daiya's the next boss... better reread the 4 previous volumes then wait for V5's translation...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 05:27   Link #105
larethian

*twiddle twiddle* yes finally........ after such a long unbearable wait.......... 1 week from now, the time is almost upon us...... though I won't be getting mine before 14th, probably (damn the shipping lag from Kino >_< ).

I guess I'm actually going to read Hakomari 5 before Mahouka 6 (*gasp*), and chuck SAO 10 into the "Can't read now because I have not enough time" pile .
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 07:46   Link #106
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
*twiddle twiddle* yes finally........ after such a long unbearable wait.......... 1 week from now, the time is almost upon us...... though I won't be getting mine before 14th, probably (damn the shipping lag from Kino >_< ).

I guess I'm actually going to read Hakomari 5 before Mahouka 6 (*gasp*), and chuck SAO 10 into the "Can't read now because I have not enough time" pile .
Lag? I hope it'll be here this sat....
Old 2012-07-04, 10:22   Link #107
EusthEnoptEron
招かざる密航者

And I hope EMS and honto.jp get their act together so that I can start reading in the release week. Well, at least I don't have to worry about it going sold-out.

Speaking of which, honto and amazon have added it to their articles, along with a slightly larger sample of the cover.
EusthEnoptEron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 13:13   Link #108
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Lag? I hope it'll be here this sat....
Yeah. Our Kino's air shipments are on Wednesdays and Fridays (I'm not free on Friday so I may have to pick it up on Saturday, 14th). What I mean by lag is that based on my past preordering experiences, Japan's Kino side does not process the order before the launch date, so the earliest will be arriving on Friday, since 10th is Tuesday. If we are really unlucky, it will be the following Wednesday . In contrast, from what I heard from some, Amazon sometimes actually process the order earlier to miminize or eliminate this 'lag' from release date as a consequence of shipping time (not sure how true it is though).

BOT, I have a feeling that the next arc is going to be a 2-volume arc again and the second last arc (just random guessing though). Anyway, I personally feel that it's not good for a series like Hakomari to go on for too long. It may be my wishful thinking, but I hope this will get a good anime adaptation when it finishes.
Old 2012-07-04, 13:24   Link #109
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Yeah. Our Kino's air shipments are on Wednesdays and Fridays (I'm not free on Friday so I may have to pick it up on Saturday, 14th). What I mean by lag is that based on my past preordering experiences, Japan's Kino side does not process the order before the launch date, so the earliest will be arriving on Friday, since 10th is Tuesday. If we are really unlucky, it will be the following Wednesday . In contrast, from what I heard from some, Amazon sometimes actually process the order earlier to miminize or eliminate this 'lag' from release date as a consequence of shipping time (not sure how true it is though).

BOT, I have a feeling that the next arc is going to be a 2-volume arc again and the second last arc (just random guessing though). Anyway, I personally feel that it's not good for a series like Hakomari to go on for too long. It may be my wishful thinking, but I hope this will get a good anime adaptation when it finishes.
I think a good anime adaptation will be impossible because of volume 1.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 19:31   Link #110
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

I know.....fans would wish for an anime....but deep down you know...."how is this supposed to be animated?"

It's like Zaregoto...something that fits far better in words.
Old 2012-07-04, 20:09   Link #111
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Zaregoto is actually doable, though, just not as a TV series.
Hakomari is, like... you can't actually animate this. It's sort of like Ever17.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 04:34   Link #112
larethian

Quote:
I know.....fans would wish for an anime....but deep down you know...."how is this supposed to be animated?"

I can't really debate with that, but still, I want to see the characters 'dance'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Zaregoto is actually doable, though, just not as a TV series.
Hakomari is, like... you can't actually animate this. It's sort of like Ever17.
It may be difficult but not impossible. What this series need is a studio with artistic touches...... maybe like SHAFT?
Old 2012-07-05, 05:09   Link #113
Zakoo

I killed all the four volumes straight yesterday what an awesome book and how foolish i was to not read it beforehand. The development of the characters, their feelings evolution, the way its written. everything in this série is awesome. It has been such a god damn long time since i didnt ship so much for a couple thats amazing.

Thank you translator and editors, deeply.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 06:13   Link #114
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I can't really debate with that, but still, I want to see the characters 'dance'.
You can animate vol 1 and 2...but the Kingdom Royale arc, if you animate it like that, it would be pure monologuing....very boring.

You must be one hell of a director with S-rank presentation skills to actually get the environment and mood across.
Old 2012-07-05, 09:55   Link #115
Utsuro no Hako

The first half of Kingdom Royale wouldn't be too hard since there are so many surprising murders spread throughout, sorta like Another. The challenge would be the long stretch in the fourth book when Kazuki is trying to keep the game peaceful, but I think the building suspense as other characters become suspicious of him could keep the story watchable for one or two episodes before the explosion comes.

As for visual style, I'd really like to see the designers from Persona 4 take a crack at it, especially the Kingdom Royale arc.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 07:46   Link #116
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Went to Kino today....got vol 5.

Fast selling too...I got the second last one on the shelf.

Spoiler for things:

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-07-14 at 19:43.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 10:17   Link #117
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Hrmm...I seriously have no idea is Daiya really that much of a dick or is that just an attempt to escape Kazu's Box....the stuff he said about Rino...

Also....what the hell is Haruaki's link to Rino's rape....That guy isn't as simple and dumb as he looks...
Old 2012-07-13, 13:06   Link #118
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Also....Kazu, you are seriously one effed up piece of work....Wishes are shit and should be crushed? Don't you have any wishes yourself?

And despite Kokone's tears you would still kill Daiya?

Not that Daiya is any better...because being human is suffering he shall lose his humanity...Or the fact that he seemingly likes Kokone but doesn't have the balls to flat out admit it to her and instead targets Maria...
You have to understand where Kazuki is coming from. He has experienced three wish granting boxes so far, and no good has come of it. He almost died in a time loop in book 1. He almost had his body stolen from him in volume 2. He was trapped in a killing game in volumes 3 and 4.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 13:06   Link #119
nirvana12

Is it as good as the first four books ?
nirvana12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 14:42   Link #120
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Hrmm...I seriously have no idea is Daiya really that much of a dick or is that just an attempt to escape Kazu's Box....the stuff he said about Rino...

Also....what the hell is Haruaki's link to Rino's rape....That guy isn't as simple and dumb as he looks...
So Rino plays a part in this book and wasn't just the author trolling us into thinking something bad happened to Kirino?

A summary, a summary, my kingdom for a summary!
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen