AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-07-24, 17:52   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Muv-Luv Franchise - Requests for new threads

Since the Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 21:24   Link #2
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Hmmm... I'd like to make a request. Can we have a music and music videos thread? There are numerous well-made videos up in youtube that Muv-Luv fans might enjoy watching after reading the novels. The problem is that most of them are not safe for the anime-only viewers. There are also soundtracks that are worth discussing.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 21:41   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Okay; I created two threads to cover those requested items.
Old 2012-07-25, 14:51   Link #4
Nerroth
NePoi!

I'm not sure if this should count as a "new" request or not; but will the Kimi ga Nozomu Eien sub-forum remain where it is, or should its contents be integrated here?
Spoiler for KGnE/Muv-Luv connections:
Old 2012-07-25, 14:56   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The two forums won't be integrated, as there is so much old stuff in the other forum that doesn't need to be revived or revisited. Even though they're in the same broader universe, they're substantially different works. It can be understood that there is a connection between the two.
Old 2012-07-25, 21:58   Link #6
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Would it be viable to create a threads for each major title of the series, to allow for specific discussion within that title? I'll list a series of the titles here.

Muv-Luv Extra
Muv-Luv Supplement
(its a continuation of MLE, but can be linked back)

Muv-Luv Unlimited
Muv-Luv Unlimited: The Day After
(its a continuation of MLU, deserves its own thread)

Muv-Luv Alternative
Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles Chicken Divers
Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles Rain Dancers
Muv-luv Alternative Chronicles Adoration
Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles Rebirth
Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles Atonement
Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles Succession
(All are short stories linked to MLA, suggest a thread to cover all these)

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

Muv-Luv Alternative: The Euro Front

Muv-Luv Altered Fable

Ayu-Mayu Alternative

Schwarzesmarken (already has a thread)

Owarinaki Natsu, Towa Naru Shirabe (its a somewhat prequel)

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-07-28 at 02:49. Reason: added threads of thought
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 22:20   Link #7
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By "sub-forum", I assume you mean thread. This whole section is a "sub-forum".

I'm really not sure if we really need so many threads right now. Besides, the primary focus of this sub-forum right now is on the Total Eclipse anime (that's why it's in the Anime Discussion forum). I don't think it should be so drowned up with so many game threads. Is there really so much discussion on each of these titles that they all warrant a separate thread?

(And Owarinaki is really only extremely peripherally related. I think it's a stretch to put it here.)

So anyway, I'm going to hold off for now. We'll see what specific works really need a thread.
Old 2012-07-26, 00:49   Link #8
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Sure, lets wait and see how much discussion appears. So far there's been some inferences and citations from these series, and I was just wondering if one or two more threads should be enough to cater to those wishing to discuss the side stories.

Lets see how the new threads do first though, seems to have done the job of diversifying the discussions into proper channels.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-07-27 at 10:36. Reason: I hate myself for missing the thread of thought
Old 2012-07-26, 13:27   Link #9
maximilianjenus
[E]

If anything I think the threads (not subforums), should indeed be made in this point of time, as the anime's episode by episode threads will bury them to the second page if there is no interest in these threads and the official games follow a format similar to fate, higurashi and umineko to name similar franchises.

If the anime makes people start playing the individual games, like , let's say some decide to play extra while others decide to skip directly to alternative, it would be great to have them separate.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 02:32   Link #10
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Could we at least split the main trilogy from all the side stories?
Since the main trilogy is the only that is translated.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:36   Link #11
Laevatein

"Muv Luv crossover speculation and discussion thread" (like on the Nanoha board)
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 00:28   Link #12
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Regarding the split of the game thread... I'm personally still not decided about how to do it or the merits of the various approaches. So at the moment, I'm still thinking about it. Maybe someone else in the staff will have an idea of the best way.

Regarding the "cross-over speculation and discussion"... I guess I'm not too clear on how this will work here, even though I looked at Nanoha as an example. Could you post an example topic starting post that explains the purpose of the thread so I can get a better idea of what would be considered on-topic in such a thread?
Old 2012-07-31, 11:04   Link #13
maximilianjenus
[E]

no idea about the crossover thing either, the game thing has more to do with timing as the games might get a lot of new players and we arelady have a subforum etc... kinf od like umineko and higurashi are split by arc.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 19:28   Link #14
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Request for a Tarisa Manandal thread.
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 21:56   Link #15
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Requesting for a Muv Luv Unlimited: The Day After Thread.

I'm going to be posting articles for updating the wiki and getting feedback, which will clog the general Muv Luv thread.

Old 2012-07-31, 23:32   Link #16
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
I'm going to be posting articles for updating the wiki and getting feedback, which will clog the general Muv Luv thread.
Well, I'm not necessarily sure that wiki articles should be posted here for feedback. That sort of discussion should occur on the Wiki itself, as is its design (Wikis have discussion sections too). So if that's the reason you think you need the thread, I think that probably doesn't belong here anyway, so...
Old 2012-07-31, 23:39   Link #17
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I'm not necessarily sure that wiki articles should be posted here for feedback. That sort of discussion should occur on the Wiki itself, as is its design (Wikis have discussion sections too). So if that's the reason you think you need the thread, I think that probably doesn't belong here anyway, so...
Sorry, I should clarify that its not the wiki post itself, but the discussions of the events that takes place in the game. I'll be discussion about the game events, not the wiki article. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 2012-08-26, 12:51   Link #18
Miraluka
Banned

Episode 9 thread please!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 12:39   Link #19
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Episode 11 is out. We'll need a thread for it.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 00:06   Link #20
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Based on some chatter in the Image Thread, I'd like to suggest a "Survival in a BETA Infested World" thread.

The general gist would be discussion of life expectancy, survival strategies both serious and not, and how badly humanity is fucked.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote