AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-10, 14:29   Link #1121
Peanutbutter

After watching Achiga-hen ep 9,

Those two from Shindouji have a voice! And a name! That's really a leak, cause the manga haven't revealed their name at this point.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 14:38   Link #1122
night_sentinel

^
^
^

I haven't noticed actually would you be so kind to post it?

Anyway, I noticed that the manga made a mistranslation while watching the anime. Went back to the raw and it seemed that Toki doesn't have another ability before she got her current one. I look it up in a dictionary and is seemed the "3 army" ability should be actually translated as "back-up player or perhaps third-string player".

Toki was being pessimistic in that scene and saying that her actual skill level hasn't changed only she got a new ability which is her mahjong precognition. Sigh... There goes my dream of Toki regaining her ability back while still retaining precognition... oh well.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 16:49   Link #1123
Requiem-x
The slacking one

So, most people here got mighty trolled with the manga translations? Not that I don't appreciate their efforts, but that was really misleading. Personally, I don't mind, since this new interpretation makes perfect sense and doesn't tease you with something you'd need a miracle to see develop in the story (see, Ex Touka).

Poor Toki, she's already being shown the conclusion of her dream.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 20:25   Link #1124
Marina2

Yeah, The correct translation for "Three armies" is totally different than the wrong one.

It's actually make more sense when you think about it.

Also, anime chose the nice time to end the ep. From anime viewer, it will looks like Kuro will do something next ep. but.................LOL.

@Peanutbutter When did their names shown? In ED? (That probably how I missed it)

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-06-10 at 20:47.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 23:50   Link #1125
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Huh. I see. So in short, they're indefinitely trapped in Teru's territory.

I hear some house rules implement limits to that kind of thing, and if parenchan here is followed... Much more blood will be shed.
I think all mahjong rules should have parenchan. Plus I don't think won't stop until 1 dies.(Not really die, but going negative. Imagine you play SDGO with any units, you will win if 1 dies out in a Deathmatch right? Same thing.(Though I would love it if have single deathmatch.)

Either these miracles/cases happen:
1. At that parenchan match, Kuro, Toki, or Kirame wins.
2. She stops before that parenchan.(Possibility is 1%.)
3. Toki faints before/during parenchan.(Well, overusing Innovator/X-Rounder's power really is bad for health.)

Point 1 usually goes to the one who stands up again and awaken her power to defeat Teru's parenchan. My bet is on Kuro.
Point 2 has 0% chance.
Point 3....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Old 2012-06-11, 00:00   Link #1126
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Also, anime chose the nice time to end the ep. From anime viewer, it will looks like Kuro will do something next ep. but.................LOL.
To be fair, the manga gave us that same impression at one point, but... yeah, LOL. It's getting harder and harder to keep tight lips and a straight face in the anime thread, and this latest chapter won't be doing that task any easier, I'm sure.

I wonder what the reaction will be to the mention of Rinshan Kaihou next episode.

@Scarletknive
Everything on number 1, with the bonus of Kuro pulling the win.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 00:51   Link #1127
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
So, most people here got mighty trolled with the manga translations? Not that I don't appreciate their efforts, but that was really misleading. Personally, I don't mind, since this new interpretation makes perfect sense and doesn't tease you with something you'd need a miracle to see develop in the story (see, Ex Touka).

Poor Toki, she's already being shown the conclusion of her dream.
I have a feeling the english translation followed the chinese translation, leading to this. The anime sub does makes more sense. From a girl with no ability to someone who does.

The difference in the chinese translation is actually just one character. I am keeping tabs on whether was it a translation error or not.
Old 2012-06-11, 04:03   Link #1128
Marina2

Saw full raw of Ch.11

I don't understand it but........Toki seems to foresee something about Kuro in next ch.
http://i.imgur.com/cnJnh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fYONd.jpg

Wait for translation.
Old 2012-06-11, 04:34   Link #1129
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Saw full raw of Ch.11

I don't understand it but........Toki seems to foresee something about Kuro in next ch.
http://i.imgur.com/cnJnh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fYONd.jpg

Wait for translation.
ex-: Hehehehehe.... The real fight starts next month ehh... WHY?! I AM IN DESPAIR!!!

Me: I know that feel brother...(If Kuro goes awaken mode, and some red aura comes out. Rule out other suggestions and leave that 1 answer.) HEY! You again... Now get off the Mahjong wagon.

ex-: Please... I won't disturb anymore..

Me: Alright...

Back on topic, something is coming next month... Oh boy, if Teru angered the dragons, who knows what new ability will Kuro have...
Old 2012-06-11, 04:58   Link #1130
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
I think all mahjong rules should have parenchan.
Oh, is that so? Some site I went to called it an optional rule, so I guess I assumed that it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Either these miracles/cases happen:
1. At that parenchan match, Kuro, Toki, or Kirame wins.
2. She stops before that parenchan.(Possibility is 1%.)
3. Toki faints before/during parenchan.(Well, overusing Innovator/X-Rounder's power really is bad for health.)
I'm conflicted about this. As a fan of Teru, watching the spectacle of absolute domination courtesy of the champion really gets my blood boiling, in the good way. On the other hand, from a story-writing perspective, having Teru obliterate all competition without throwing a single bone of redemption for Kuro seems like a pretty bad way to end this spin-off.

So yeah. I'm hoping for a #1.
Old 2012-06-11, 05:01   Link #1131
kona~chan
ヘタレ

not sure what toki foresee there, it can be mean good thing or bad thing for kuro.
everything is possible since teru declare richii here.
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 07:20   Link #1132
Peanutbutter

Parenchan is not used in Tenhou nor Janryumon. It is an optional rule. There are many such optional rules in Riichi Mahjong.

Akagi open riichi was one. Saki's big open kan is another. There's also stuff like minimum two han to ron.

As for the chapter, Toki just sense that

Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-11, 08:17   Link #1133
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'm thinking that Kuro discarding a dora will allow her to go into swan song mode and obliterate all oposition with years of unreleased dragons while not being able to get doras for a long, long while (maybe till the last game in the finals?)
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 08:28   Link #1134
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I'm thinking that Kuro discarding a dora will allow her to go into swan song mode and obliterate all oposition with years of unreleased dragons while not being able to get doras for a long, long while (maybe till the last game in the finals?)
The skill will backfire only for 1 hanchan(Or is it whole of semi-finals?)...

So after that they will come back.

Swan Song mode... Kuro's VA does NOT voice any of the symphogears...

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-11 at 10:02.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 10:59   Link #1135
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
kuro definitely going for the all dora yakuman
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 11:07   Link #1136
ykf566

I'm bracing myself for it, but ill be so disappointed if Kuro gets a crowning moment of awesome but not Toki.
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 11:12   Link #1137
tsunade666

Toki is already doing awesomeness to counter the brewing storm which is Teru. Kuro is the only one who is not doing anything. It's about time she do something.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:28   Link #1138
ykf566

Exactly, she's not doing anything, she's not even fully aware of what's going on. Toki is pretty much endangering her own life trying to do something. Yet if Kuro is the one who gets the crowning moment of awesome simply becauses she's a main character through whatever means, it leaves me with a very bad aftertaste. Not to mention this will probably be Toki's last match.
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 11:43   Link #1139
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Umm... we did get that Kuro got an important hint when she saw Toki throwing away her ippatsu ability for the sake of just getting points.

Quote:
simply becauses she's a main character through whatever means
Wow, well, that doesn't really leave Kuro any leeway to win and look good in your isn't it.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 12:18   Link #1140
kona~chan
ヘタレ

Well kuro still have a chance in the final anyway, but then again yuuki also there the game will be more chaotic and devasting for sure. So this is indeed the right time for her if the author really willing tough
dragon always known for their abillity to control storm afterall

tough personally i really want to see teru keep going and do parenchan yakuman just as same saki with the rarest yakuman tsuukansuu.
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri