Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-03, 22:41   Link #981
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh wow. Then I guess only Soma, Hakuya & "Kagetora" are the ones brave & smart enough to summarily execute those bastards in such convenient place without the need of trials whatsoever.
I don't think it's so much that they're the only ones competent enough to succeed. More like, through various factors including the legitimacy gained by his engagement and Liscia's own charisma and popularity as support, Souma was able to gain a much larger number of competent and dedicated allies through the gemstone. If not for that broadcast, he wouldn't have had Hakuya, but he also wouldn't have had a powerful bodyguard with enough combat competency to immediately respond to any threat and keep him safe, an advisor who could help him expand the realm of what constitutes "food" in order to drastically increase food supplies even before the grain production could catch up, and so many other people that helped him in countless ways to put him in a position with a great deal more control, so that when the time came he could indeed safely carry out the execution.

Funny thing, I remember from the afterwords that the author himself had noticed that the story was gradually changing. This's part of the problem here I think: we're starting to move away from "rebuilding" and this's changing the way the story moves, possibly in a direction that the author is not as comfortable with. The author himself had said that he thought at some point the story should perhaps be renamed as it moved from rebuilding a kingdom to the next stage.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-03, 23:28   Link #982
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I don't think it's so much that they're the only ones competent enough to succeed. More like, through various factors including the legitimacy gained by his engagement and Liscia's own charisma and popularity as support, Souma was able to gain a much larger number of competent and dedicated allies through the gemstone. If not for that broadcast, he wouldn't have had Hakuya, but he also wouldn't have had a powerful bodyguard with enough combat competency to immediately respond to any threat and keep him safe, an advisor who could help him expand the realm of what constitutes "food" in order to drastically increase food supplies even before the grain production could catch up, and so many other people that helped him in countless ways to put him in a position with a great deal more control, so that when the time came he could indeed safely carry out the execution.

Funny thing, I remember from the afterwords that the author himself had noticed that the story was gradually changing. This's part of the problem here I think: we're starting to move away from "rebuilding" and this's changing the way the story moves, possibly in a direction that the author is not as comfortable with. The author himself had said that he thought at some point the story should perhaps be renamed as it moved from rebuilding a kingdom to the next stage.
I read somewhere that they actually do change the title for the web novel version.
Old 2022-04-04, 01:23   Link #983
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
How does that make any sense? If they are so unstoppable how did they fall for the whole "gather all the bad eggs in the rebellion bucket" and the ones left just stand there and let their throats be cut?
I don't remember. I don't think it went into details beyond "Albert wasn't the strongest nor the smartest by a long shot, but he was the one who survived". I think one factor is that if the old queen picked someone who was strong or smart, all the unlucky fiancee candidates would unite to bring him down. With Albert, they fought each other instead.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-04, 02:27   Link #984
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh wow. Then I guess only Soma, Hakuya & "Kagetora" are the ones brave & smart enough to summarily execute those bastards in such convenient place without the need of trials whatsoever.
Yeah, I think the show did a terrible job with the "corrupt nobles".

They are clearly supposed to be a big threat that is difficult to deal with but we only learn about them when Souma executes his plan to defeat them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Elisha should have known what needed to be done if she had to just marry a sock-puppet to do it. Which to be honest is the only reason I see to marry Albert but apparently she just let the idiot be controlled by everyone else.
It's also pretty terrible is that even though she knows the future, the only thing she can do is "choose the right king". She is also, like Lisha, the one who is part of the royal family but apparently their main job is to be a good wife to the king.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-04, 09:35   Link #985
Frontier

I do wonder if it was completely coincidental that they cast Yuusuke Kobayashi in a show where it turns out to have a kind of "Return by Death" mechanic and where he actually hooks up with Inori Minase's character this time around .
Old 2022-04-04, 13:54   Link #986
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I am of the same opinion as everyone else. The past few episodes were really boring but at least the last episode almost made up for those, but the second half was more of the same so that was kinda disappointing.

I wanted to see more plot, but instead we got a whole episodes explaining slavery, refugees and harem rankings. They could've focused more into those magitech ruins but instead they were more concerned that the scientist girl didn't have a husbando.

I understand that even the source material hasn't really touched on plot related stuff that much even at later volumes, such as the significance of the demon lord's name, but really everything else feels like filler.

oh well, at least we had Roroa so it's still an 8/10 for me
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote