AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2020-11-17, 00:26   Link #1521
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
How ironic that the party claiming a stolen election is now trying to steal the election. Hope this is investigated.
Yup, that's what I've said. Some 7-8 days ago, right on this forum, right here.
I'm afraid I'm like Trump, I never get any credit. But it's ok, I never do.

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.
Johnny Dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 00:42   Link #1522
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
How ironic that the party claiming a stolen election is now trying to steal the election. Hope this is investigated.
Ironic that they stole the governor's race in GA in 2018, when the SoS at the time - Brian Kemp - stole the election for himself.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 11:23   Link #1523
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Seems like Trump wants to pull out early from Afghanistan. Normally I would like that sort of thing, that country is called "the graveyard of empires" for a reason. But seems to me like this is a present for Putin, who no doubt will fill the void left by the USA army a few days after they leave the region.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 14:57   Link #1524
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Seems like Trump wants to pull out early from Afghanistan. Normally I would like that sort of thing, that country is called "the graveyard of empires" for a reason. But seems to me like this is a present for Putin, who no doubt will fill the void left by the USA army a few days after they leave the region.
Isn't Putin supposed to be less dumb than that? Why would he make the same mistake than both the US and Russia did. And can Russia even go on another front.
Old 2020-11-17, 16:05   Link #1525
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

Russia has its own military-industrial complex that would benefit from such a thing.

And anyway when you're fielding a large and increasingly expensive military, there comes a point when it might actually be worth using even on a pointless war.

US Military is the strongest, not only because they have the best armaments, but also because it's the most experienced.
Old 2020-11-17, 16:15   Link #1526
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Trump promised he would remove all the forces from Afghanistan, and perhaps elsewhere like Iraq, before the end of this first term. Now it looks like he has capitulated to the military planners and Republicans in Congress who all told him it was dumb idea. I believe the Army's original date for withdrawing from Afghanistan was next May.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 21:43   Link #1527
cyberdemon

Trump fired a senior cyber security agent who dared to claim his allegations were wrong... he’s really going all out to replace the government with yes men.
Old 2020-11-18, 00:56   Link #1528
Johnny Dy

It's stupid that one guy that was replaced, can now replace other guys, even if he was fired!
That breeds King Louis the 15th mentality "After me, oblivion." Nobody should be in office knowing he's fired, that's common sense.

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.
Old 2020-11-18, 01:44   Link #1529
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Trump fired a senior cyber security agent who dared to claim his allegations were wrong... he’s really going all out to replace the government with yes men.
That just how a dictator would act. No wonder did he enjoy the company of Putin and Xi on a personal level.
Old 2020-11-18, 03:02   Link #1530
Ithekro
Gamilas Rises

Nothing is immediate with voting. There is always a transitional period. The entire cabinet will likely be replaced by Biden anyway. And Biden or his department people can keep the contact info of those fired and rehire them if desired.

He wasn't fired. He's a lame duck President now.
Old 2020-11-18, 06:07   Link #1531
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

When the prez holds the line at "totally rigged and stolen election, I won", it kind of kills any nuanced conversation that should probably be had about security.

Personally I wouldn't want mass mail-in voting with the relaxed deadlines, though I understand that the states only did it because of the pandemic. The alternative would have been mass disenfranchisement.

And I definitely wouldn't accept an array of various black box machines being used in elections with the private sector involved.

It's lucky that Biden won by multiple states with clear margins. Imagine if instead, you had the scenario I predicted two weeks back with him at 271 electoral votes and even tighter races in some states. There would be no end to the doubting.
Old 2020-11-18, 06:36   Link #1532
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Sure, as long as you make voting day a national holiday.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-18, 06:50   Link #1533
cyberdemon

There actually isn’t a relaxed deadline. All mail in votes need to be postmarked by Election Day. The problem is that Trump defunded the postal service prior to election making it harder to get all Election Day mail in ballots done on time.
Old 2020-11-18, 07:13   Link #1534
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Many states have had near-universal mail voting for a long time now. They tend to have the highest turnouts and the fewest problems. There's absolutely no good reason not to promote it as an option - none - unless of course your goal is actually to depress turnout. Which is of course exactly the goal of the Republican Party.
Old 2020-11-18, 07:17   Link #1535
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

Sure, maybe they deliver faster with a bigger budget?...the point is, states waived a lot of the rules that would normally add security to mail-in votes, because pandemic. The longer there are ballots AWOL the more bullshit can happen. Opportunity makes the criminal
Old 2020-11-18, 07:24   Link #1536
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Opportunity makes the criminal
Criminal nature does, the opportunity is simply the tool to show it.

Old 2020-11-18, 07:25   Link #1537
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Newspapers have reported for months that USPS have been gutted by Trump, who then placed one of his yesmen at its head. If it dont ring anyone's alarm about him trying to suppress the votes of racial minorities, such as Native Americans and African Americans, and, as consequence, potential votes for Democrats, I dont know what to say.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-18, 09:12   Link #1538
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There’s no need for massive additional security for mail ballots - it’s all part of the Trump/QAnon tinfoil hat bullshit. Vote by mail states runs elections that are just as secure and actually cheaper, and most of the ones that’s have been doing it for a while have their ballots counted faster than states that don’t.
Old 2020-11-18, 09:46   Link #1539
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

No state that has implemented voting-by-mail has gone back to the traditional method. Most voters in those states like the process. Nor is there any evidence of greater fraud in VBM states.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/mail...ud-ballot.html
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-18, 10:06   Link #1540
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Maybe we should move to a new thread "Lame duck Trump" since the elections are a done deal (a coup de etat would also merit also another thread). In the meantime and since no one has mentioned it. William Barr (no doubt under Trump orders) wants to free Cienfuegos as a favor to AMLO (Mexico's President) because our Secretary of Foreign Affairs was instrumental in Trump winning Texas this year by movilizing latino voters.

https://themazatlanpost.com/2020/11/...rump-campaign/

“Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied.”

― Otto von Bismarck

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2020-11-18 at 10:55.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote