AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-11-15, 03:20   Link #101
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Do the other Xenos have gems like Wiene too? I didn't notice. I'm going to assume they all do, otherwise Dix couldn't have known removing it was the way to turn her back into a monster.
Finn (the captain of Loki familia) mentioned that Wiene should be disposed of because she didn't
have a stone on her brow. So he knows something about the forehead-gems too.

So what would he do about a monster on the surface with a forehead gem?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 03:38   Link #102
GDB

He'd capture her alive, remove the gem, and then kill her.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 03:39   Link #103
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Bell is punching above his league, he's outclassed. How would you like being tossed into a ring with a champion MMA fighter and then be mocked for losing? There's no wussification here, Bell is out of his league but still fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That's the problem with dealing with humans as enemies instead of monsters. Humans have clearly defined levels, and anything with escalating power will outpace the hero. The issue here is he's had three human opponents in a row now (Apollo familia with the level 3 as its face, Ishtar familia with the level 4 as its face (even though it had a level 5 or 6, Bell didn't face her), and now the level 5 Dix. To escalate things further, now he has to deal with the Loki familia... with its multiple level 6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Well, he is up against a level 5 this time and he's only 3. That's a pretty huge gap.
Well, for starters Bell could at least try to use his special abilities and physically attack a bit more, instead of parrying and getting thrown around the entire time. Also, he got thrown around by Berserk!Wiene a ton as well (which is fine, he doesn't want to fight her).

The point I am trying to make is that he has been portrayed as pretty passive in fights throughout the entire season so far and that there has not been one really exciting fight in the entire season as well. I'd like to see more of the show after this season ends and I fear, the way it is going, that we won't get that. But maybe I'm wrong and they are financed through another season or so.
Old 2020-11-15, 20:39   Link #104
bakato

Quote:
Both, Daedalus' will is passed on to his descendants.
The hell are you talking about? Literally nothing else was said about Daedulus aside from the fact that he was captivated by the dungeon.
Old 2020-11-15, 21:54   Link #105
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Finn (the captain of Loki familia) mentioned that Wiene should be disposed of because she didn't
have a stone on her brow. So he knows something about the forehead-gems too.

So what would he do about a monster on the surface with a forehead gem?
The stone is a known feature of a Vouivre. They are extremely valuable and removing it will drive them berserk.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 23:15   Link #106
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
The hell are you talking about? Literally nothing else was said about Daedulus aside from the fact that he was captivated by the dungeon.
guess you need to go rewatch, like, everything.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 20:32   Link #107
bakato

Quote:
guess you need to go rewatch, like, everything.
Like the latest episode? Dix says outright that the blood of Daedulus compels him to finish Knossos and expresses his hatred at his lot for being made a slave. He then explains his sadistic pleasure in tormenting the Xenos was the only way to quell the compulsion.
Old 2020-11-18, 11:37   Link #108
Frontier

Quote:
Like the latest episode? Dix says outright that the blood of Daedulus compels him to finish Knossos and expresses his hatred at his lot for being made a slave. He then explains his sadistic pleasure in tormenting the Xenos was the only way to quell the compulsion.
Emphasis on "sadistic" .
Old 2020-11-20, 12:58   Link #109
Frontier

Dix was finally finished off without a struggle, bleeding like a dog and dying in the dungeon he hated so much and drove him to become what he is now. In some ways it was the fate he deserved, but to a certain extent it's probably a release from having to suffer under his ancestor's will and the evil he had to commit to satiate himself .

Well, Bell took the only option he had of claiming Wiene was his prey and going with hunters nobility to keep her safe. He still had to attack some of the people after her, but at least his reputation isn't in complete tatters, but it sounds like he's going to be blamed for the destruction Wiene and the Xenos caused because he was after her .

Well, the Xenos came in for backup but proved only a smidgen of a challenge against the Loki Familia, showing why they're one of the best of the best among Adventurers .

So they captured Ikelos...but is there really anything they can do about him ?

That cute little bunny tried their best...as did Fels, who did this whole grand summoning only to be quickly and utterly foiled .

So wait...that's the Minotaur who Bell defeated!? No wonder it knows how to use weapons so well. Man, now I really can't wait to see what happens when it and Bell meet .

Gros stomping that guy who stabbed Wiene was so cathartic .

Bell couldn't restore Wiene in time...but even if he couldn't save her from death, he tried, and was there for her in the end. That's more than she could've ever dreamed about. I also knew that "I love you" before she faded was coming, but it still hurt .

Luckily Fels comes in with the magic that they were never able to perfect until this very moment and found a way to bring her back to life! So it wasn't all in vain .

Bell may be a fool...but sometimes fools make the best heroes .

Well, Eina slapped him, but she knows better than to think Bell would truly willingly endanger people and Orario just to hunt down a monster. I don't expect the same level of understanding from other adventurers .
Old 2020-11-20, 13:49   Link #110
foxbox360
New Age Badass

well looks like Bell rep is in tattered now, the price for being a fool.
Old 2020-11-20, 15:24   Link #111
Friday
Im shy too...

the fallout next week....
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 17:23   Link #112
Wandering Soul

Bell salvaged that as well as he could so people now see him as a selfish adventurer rather than the one that was openly siding with monsters. His reputation is still in the dirt though and I can imagine a good chunk of the city is now going to be on his ass and curious about those armed monsters.
Old 2020-11-20, 18:39   Link #113
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So they captured Ikelos...but is there really anything they can do about him ?
The gods can send him back to heaven like Freya did to Ishtar.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 19:43   Link #114
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was happy to see Dix swatted like a fly.

Seeing the Loki familia in action makes me wish the spin-off could get another season. It was so much better than the main series has been since S1.
Old 2020-11-20, 21:53   Link #115
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Bell really put in alot of work this time but at less all of his hard work really paid off but its seem to cost reputation but its a price well worth it to save Wiene

That Minotaur is just so awesome
Old 2020-11-21, 09:57   Link #116
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well Bell really put in alot of work this time but at less all of his hard work really paid off but its seem to cost reputation but its a price well worth it to save Wiene

That Minotaur is just so awesome
I'd watch a spinoff series starring Asterius and the Xenos going on dungeon adventures.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-21, 23:58   Link #117
Decel

I didn't really like the revival of Wiene, it's the type of Deus Ex Machina that cheapens the whole endeavor. Nothing's a credible threat anymore.

The Minotaur's fights were cool though.
Old 2020-11-22, 00:39   Link #118
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
I didn't really like the revival of Wiene, it's the type of Deus Ex Machina that cheapens the whole endeavor. Nothing's a credible threat anymore.

The Minotaur's fights were cool though.
It at least made all of Bell's and the Xenos' efforts to save her worth something in the end, especially with the fallout that Bell will have to live with, and this is apparently the only time Fels was able to get the spell to work.
Old 2020-11-22, 08:07   Link #119
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, I don't think that spell is going to work again. This felt like a one time thing.
Old 2020-11-27, 11:59   Link #120
Frontier

Ikelos getting banished isn't as bad a fate as I would've hoped (and he doesn't seem too perturbed about it) but I can't blame anyone for wanting him as far away as possible. It's just a shame that taking the fall for his Familia's actions hasn't absolved Bell .

That Mord...he'll be angry at Bell, but he won't even let his comrades besmirch his name. What a guy .

Hestia Familia's reputation has taken a hit along with Bell's, but they're not about to let that stop them from getting involved the second go-around and be there for the Xenos, and especially not letting Bell go in alone again .

That sure was an awkward meeting between Bell and Ais, even compared to their usual encounters. Neither seems to know quite what to say to the other after what happened, although it looks like they're fated to communicate through battle than through words .

So even if Loki was brought into it and felt like the Xenos were interesting enough to be worth helping, her own Familia wouldn't go along with it, especially after the Minotaurus fight. Not only do they need to save face and get revenge, but now they can't abide by the existence of these monsters, likely even if they for sure knew they were sentient. Which makes things much, much harder .

I knew Syr wouldn't be bothered by what others think of Bell, and she was there right when he needed some warm, affectionate, wisdom regarding his current circumstances. A lap pillow and declaration of her love for him doesn't hurt either .

Poor Fels having all the Xenos turn on him when he revealed the plan. Don't shoot the messenger .

More people are brought in the know on the Xenos, including Aisha, Ryu, and the Gods allied with Hestia, but none of them quite seem to know what to make of the Xenos and what that means for the worldview of Orario. But it seems that in the end, helping Bell Cranel is a worthwhile endeavor no matter what .

So Finn has already realized Bell is the decoy and is planning accordingly, but as Hermes surmised, it all amounts to the kind of decoy Bell Cranel will be, and that's something I don't think Finn can plan for .