AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-11-23, 09:03   Link #1601
The Green One

Well these last two weeks will determine if Trump's last ditch effort of open petty theft goes anywhere or if this drama finally gets laid to rest. I can't really decide what's more pitiful, Trump being so obsessed with being able to say "he didn't lose" that he'll rip the country apart without a second thought or he actually believes he didn't lose and was robbed and this is all justified.

If this actually works it's going to set one hell of a precedence..... too bad there are people out there who simply just don't give a shit.
Old 2020-11-23, 15:57   Link #1602
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Well, it seems that Michigan votes will be certified today. Which would IMO mean checkmate for trump's plan to legally overturn the elections. Which would mean we can rest at ease no, right? Wrong.

I just realized a few days ago, that all trumpists are fleeing twitter/facebook in favor of another platform, where conspiracy theories run rampant, where there is no attempt whatsoever at moderation. We are speaking about millions of people that believe whatever trump loyalists tell them. This can't end well, this reminds me of the mass hysteria created by Orson Welles "war of the worlds" broadcast, the difference being said audience has an accumulated firepower at their disposal than many nation armies.

If I am wrong please feel free to poke fun at me in the future, in the meantime, I would be buying toilet paper again if I lived in the USA.
Old 2020-11-23, 18:41   Link #1603
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Well, it seems that Michigan votes will be certified today. Which would IMO mean checkmate for trump's plan to legally overturn the elections. Which would mean we can rest at ease no, right? Wrong.

I just realized a few days ago, that all trumpists are fleeing twitter/facebook in favor of another platform, where conspiracy theories run rampant, where there is no attempt whatsoever at moderation. We are speaking about millions of people that believe whatever trump loyalists tell them. This can't end well, this reminds me of the mass hysteria created by Orson Welles "war of the worlds" broadcast, the difference being said audience has an accumulated firepower at their disposal than many nation armies.

If I am wrong please feel free to poke fun at me in the future, in the meantime, I would be buying toilet paper again if I lived in the USA.
Meh, frankly, those people would be like that even if they were on Twitter and whatever. Just that they would spend half their time screaming at others for not believing Trump is Jesus Reincarnate.
So if they all go into the shadows on some other platform, at least we won't have to see them anymore.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2020-11-23, 19:39   Link #1604
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Well at least some portion of those 70 million where it's less "Four More Years" than it is anything that's not Democrat.

But no the voter suppression attempts will never end. It's disgusting how open they are about it.
Can we bury this myth already that there is a difference between 'never democrat' and 'we're fine with four more years of Trump' ? In the context of this presidential election, if you are one then you're automatically the other as well, there is no cherry picking here.
Old 2020-11-23, 20:22   Link #1605
The Green One

Oh ok, so you know perfectly what 73+ million people are thinking? Can I have the winning lottery numbers if you're so omnipotent? The world isn't black and white and you need to realize that.
Old 2020-11-23, 20:42   Link #1606
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The republican party turned into Trump's party over the last four years. That is the reality these voters have to acknowledge. Every single one of them knew exactly whose name they checked on the ballot and they willingly did it. When a person votes republican they vote for four more years of this president. Whether or not they did it hesitantly is absolutely irrelevant since in the end they still voted in favor of Trump. If they don't want to vote democrat but don't like Trump they had the possibility of abstaining which 73 million of them obviously didn't do.
Old 2020-11-23, 22:56   Link #1607
Ithekro
Gamilas Rises

Which is around ten million (or more) that voted Republican last time around.

Seriously, there were 20 million (or more) additional voters than previous years. That is a lot of people, in both camps, to suddenly decide they needed to vote. Or, because of how voting was done, were actually able to vote.
Old 2020-11-23, 23:47   Link #1608
Key Board
Carbon

I know there's a vocal part of the Trump base that are monarchists.
But I wonder how widespread this is.

If Ivanka or DT Jr runs for Senate, would there be a Republican ticket that can challenge that?
What if they run for President?

Does GOP being the party of Trump means they always have to play second fiddle to a Trump

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2020-11-24, 00:12   Link #1609
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
IIf Ivanka or DT Jr runs for Senate, would there be a Republican ticket that can challenge that?
Eric's wife Lara is considering running for the Senate in North Carolina in 2022. Richard Barr is retiring, leaving an open seat.

I heard on the radio this evening that @GSAEmily released the transition funds.
Old 2020-11-24, 01:16   Link #1610
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
hop on the Trump Train
Reminds me of "Logan", Xavier: "Shoo-Shooooo, locomoture!"
Logan: "That's not a shoo-shoo"!
I wonder if he saw Trump out the window, what would have he said?
"WTF? You were right, Xavier, not all mutants are dead!" maybe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The more extreme ones still believe that Obama was some sort of deep cover agent setup to destroy the United States from within.
Yes, the black commy, Obama (takes) care (of your freedom)!
I've been watching a cool serial in the last 2 days called "Space Force", where the americans sent a crew to the moon to make a habitat, the 1st one to walk on it was a black woman and she wanted to say "It's nice to be back on the moon!" instead, what escaped her lips was "It's nice to be black on the moon!"
It's a cool show, I recommend it, it's not HAHA funny but it gives you a good vibe. The Chinese and even India gets ahead in space programs to USA and NASA is nowhere to be seen, so they invent this army branch to try to protect USA from commy (China) evil people that want to sabotage USA efforts in space! Steve Carell expected, but John Malkovich in comedy? A contrast of characters that are funny together, not bad.

Quote:
And no you can't argue with them. I've been trying for decades. It doesn't work. It just makes you more frustrated because they believe what they believe
Just tell them, or at the very least tell it to yourself that a man that knows something, argues with you, a man that believes something, kills you. You'll probably realise there's bliss in giving them space enough to not let them take you down with them, and you'll be less frustrated.

Quote:
They likely pick and choose what fits their arguments, but they can come across and knowledgeable.
To my mind, no person that promotes conflict = the escalation of human suffering and demise can come across as smart.
There always comes across my mind this Jesus quote "Happiness will be bestowed upon the peace makers, because sons of God they will be named"! I don't know who wrote it in the bible, was it a God filled Jesus, was it a deluded Godless Jesus or just a man trying to manipulate us into something!? It doesn't matter, because that doesn't change the fact it's true regardless of who said it and why. Whoever thinks that phrase is untrue, it's very hard to come across as smart. Just my opinion.

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2020-11-24 at 01:28.
Old 2020-11-24, 01:20   Link #1611
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think it would be absolutely wonderful if Trump and his supporters formed a third party and fielded candidates in every congressional, local, and presidential race.

And if his army wants to write in his name in the GA runoffs, that'd be great too.
Old 2020-11-24, 02:37   Link #1612
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post

I can't disagree with you, that's the problem. If you are stupid enough to vote for such an embarrassment to human race as Trump (I don't care about his grammar - that's superficial, I care about his {lack of} character - because that's anything but), nothing can be beneath you in doing, not even internal conflict and despair for the sake of delusions that would make hospital patients look like prophets.

That being said, that scenario has small chances of becoming reality, while real riots/conflicts would have easily emerged if Trump would have won the elections. I still think we dodged the bullet on that one. But if by some cruel joke of fate that would betray even our lowest hope for redemption of the human race what you say will come to be, then we need to dodge much more than just bullets.

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.
Old 2020-11-24, 02:42   Link #1613
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Back then, I did believe the "they wanted to reopen the factories and the mines."

Then we got this

The "very fine people".
Old 2020-11-24, 04:04   Link #1614
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dy View Post
I can't disagree with you, that's the problem. If you are stupid enough to vote for such an embarrassment to human race as Trump (I don't care about his grammar - that's superficial, I care about his {lack of} character - because that's anything but), nothing can be beneath you in doing, not even internal conflict and despair for the sake of delusions that would make hospital patients look like prophets.

That being said, that scenario has small chances of becoming reality, while real riots/conflicts would have easily emerged if Trump would have won the elections. I still think we dodged the bullet on that one. But if by some cruel joke of fate that would betray even our lowest hope for redemption of the human race what you say will come to be, then we need to dodge much more than just bullets.
Just realize this - if this had been really close (like 2016 was close) they almost surely would have successfully stolen it.

It's desperately important that we put some safeguards in place to protect our democracy, because we may have dodged a bullet this time but Trump exposed that the current "circuit breakers" are woefully inadequate. The next autocrat wannabees might not be so incompetent and lazy.
Old 2020-11-24, 12:05   Link #1615
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And if his army wants to write in his name in the GA runoffs, that'd be great too.
There's no space for write-ins since it's a runoff election, but there is always the brute-force approach.

Old 2020-11-26, 01:16   Link #1616
Johnny Dy

Hmm... awfully quiet here... Did Trump concede?

Old 2020-11-26, 03:27   Link #1617
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Cant concede, he'll look like a p*ssy in the eyes of his base.

Tho the process of presidential transition seems to have been greenlit.
Old 2020-11-26, 07:00   Link #1618
Johnny Dy

Ok, I was worried there for a minute that he might behave like a human being.

....NOT!

Old 2020-11-26, 09:02   Link #1619
The Green One

He hasn't "given up" just stopped fighting the transition itself. Since it doesn't look like he can turn the electors. He'll cling to the idea that as long as he doesn't publicly admit he lost, that he didn't actually lose.
Old 2020-11-26, 10:40   Link #1620
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

These are the events left in this cycle:

Jan 5. Elections in Georgia. the future is decided here, make no mistake.

Jan 6. Electoral college votes are counted, if trump can tamper with this, he will, he has shown no respect for the institutions, his modus operandi is that of a mafia ring leader.

After said votes are counted and trump officially lose, then comes his self pardon, will he attempt to do it himself or will he step down so thathis #1 bitch (aka pence) can do it?

... meanwhile, million of trumpists will continue over the holidays to share sars-cov2 with each other and non trumpists, new generations will try to explain this phenomenon in the decades to come. But it seems BIden will have to deal with the downfall of a health system in shambles.
Closed Thread