AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ogata Rizu 9 6.25%
Furuhashi Fumino 38 26.39%
Takemoto Uruka 16 11.11%
Kirisu Mafuyu (Sensei) 70 48.61%
Kominami Asumi (Senpai) 8 5.56%
Sekijou Sawako 2 1.39%
Umihara (Uruka's Friend -Short Hair-) 0 0%
Kawase (Uruka's Friend -Long Hair-) 0 0%
Others 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-11-08, 14:43   Link #3501
WingedAccelerator

I can see Mafuyu downplaying herself. She enjoyed the school trip like she always wanted to, but still decided that it's unfitting for her to be on a picture with their students, giving me the impression that she doesn't think highly of herself. Nariyuki also said to the teachers that she was his role model and wanted to follow her example. And her example was not a happy one all things considered. She may as well think Nariyuki would be wasted on her or something.

This aside, Mafuyu flexing that defenseless ass for Nariyuki should be her mating call at this point.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 22:33   Link #3502
Silvertail

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
This aside, Mafuyu flexing that defenseless ass for Nariyuki should be her mating call at this point.
I know what your saying. It really feels like the author is always trying to highlight Mafuyus' ass in many of her scenes.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-09, 11:03   Link #3503
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
I know what your saying. It really feels like the author is always trying to highlight Mafuyus' ass in many of her scenes.
And that's not a bad thing.
Old 2020-11-10, 11:12   Link #3504
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

The tension is just very high that Nariyuki could not hold his confession
it is understandable, Yuiga.. no one can defend against sensei
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-13, 04:15   Link #3505
WingedAccelerator

Unfortunately, Sensei decided to be a pain in the ass and rejected Nariyuki. Twice. Even though she is jealous of him hanging out with Miharu. But at the moment she is hell-bent on the student-teacher status quo, to her that didn't change, although there is definitely something untold in her reasoning.

We also get the flashback from the festival of the past. Nariyuki was 11 years old when JK Mafuyu helped him. Therefore, the age gap between them could be lower than we might think.
Old 2020-11-15, 14:58   Link #3506
Lex79

I was thinking of a 8-10 years age gap between the two, but from this chapter it's likely only 5-6.
Anyway, kinda disappointed for the rejection due to him being a former student, though she seems to have far more deep issues than that. Luckily looks like she might be telling him everything so they might work on that together.
Old 2020-11-17, 08:21   Link #3507
WingedAccelerator

We will go full circle as there will be a school festival next month.

I know it's Miharu's disguise outfit, but she looks good. If Sensei were just a supporting character originally for introducing and pushing Miharu, she could have easily worked as a heroine as well.
Old 2020-11-20, 17:40   Link #3508
Galaxian

If nothing else, I really like how sure of his feelings Nariyuki is in this arc. So refreshing coming form a harem protagonist.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-21, 03:13   Link #3509
WingedAccelerator

He definitely went full assertive on this route. The Chadyuki of the early chapters are back for the finale of the manga.

Sensei is in for some grandiose surprises. Not sure if he managed to invite her parents or that plot point will be ignored, but it would be weird to not do anything with them if they are the "evil" of Sensei's flashback.

3 chapters are left.
Old 2020-11-22, 13:47   Link #3510
Lex79

I'm not sure about the parents. On one hand yeah, it would feel strange to ignore them, on the other hand solving the matter in one or two chapters could feel rushed.
Anyway, with three chapters left, I hope we'll get two more chapter for the festival (with sensei accepting Yuiga in the end) and then an epilogue with a date or a flash forward.
Old 2020-11-22, 14:33   Link #3511
WingedAccelerator

I don't think there is any super serious matter between them. It could be the same issue of Mafuyu not letting people in, just like with the students and Nariyuki, so they barely keep in contact nowadays. Or Mafuyu considers herself a failure, someone that her competitive parents might hate.
Old 2020-11-29, 12:31   Link #3512
WingedAccelerator

As much as I hate these kind of promised bullshits, at least Tsutsui used up all of his cards to make it special. References throughout the manga and the Sensei arc with a cool spread at the end.

Apparently, the storyboard is finished for the last chapter, so 2 more rounds and the journey ends.
Old 2020-11-30, 11:57   Link #3513
~Yami~

Senpai's arc is still the best one (probably alongside with Uruka's route)

but at least in Sensei's arc, we got to see cute Kirisu in every single chapters
Old 2020-11-30, 16:16   Link #3514
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Interesting how both Senpai and Sensei routes involved Nariyuki's father.
Old 2020-12-06, 14:23   Link #3515
WingedAccelerator

Well, only 1 chapter is left from this route and the world of BokuBen.

Frankly speaking, Sensei's route is just okay. Doubt the last chapter will skyrocket it for me, but we shall see. It had good fluff, but annoying indecisiveness holds it back from reaching Senpai levels, where it was more than adequately justified and the route had good structure. A part of me also felt that Tsutsui just tried the bare minimum with this one. Like "It's Sensei, so my readers will automatically praise it, no need to experiment unnecessarily".
Old 2020-12-06, 15:53   Link #3516
Lex79

The small reference to the time travel date was nice.
Other than that...I felt a bit unnecessary that sensei was still holding back after the previous chapter, the date was still fun but could have been even better. Final chapter next week, we might get a glimpse of the two of them married and maybe with kids.
Old 2020-12-06, 17:23   Link #3517
Tenzen12

I can't say there was any route that trully nailed it, but Mafuyu arc is one of better ones. It didn't have random unecessary drama, she is just super awkward which is not out of character. Only real downside is that "falling in love by flashback", but while I initially was really annoyed by it, it didn't actually made lot of difference, so I guess I can brush it off.

All thing considered:
Uruka:
+Make perfect sense. Most canon-like.
- Other characters didn't have enough presence even though they should have

Rizu:
+Made good sense. Good pacing. Lot of Sawako
- Rizu was lacking presence in main story and couldn't pull her own arc by herself

Fumino
+She was cute, I guess?
-Development didn't make any sense, retconed main story. Lot of wasted potential

Senpai
+Definitelly cute.
-Yuiga confessing off-screen doesn't make sense in context of main story. Father operation sub-plot completely lack any foreshadowing. Too many contrieved concidences all over place.

Mafuyu
+Make sense and Yuiga falling for Mafuyu during main story is more or less viable . Everyone is in character. Keep good chemistry going on.
-That flashback was completely unecessary and makes their relationship much harder to swallow.

Final verdict:
Girl ranking: Mafuyu >= Uruka >= Sekijou > senpai > Fumino >>> Rizu
Arc ranking: Uruka > Rizu > Mafuyu >>> Senpai >>>>>>>>>> Fumino
Old 2020-12-07, 05:20   Link #3518
WingedAccelerator

Uruka's route is like a natural conclusion for the manga, so while Uruka herself doesn't take center stage proactively for fluff and I understand that upsets some people, she already did what must have been done in the previous chapters. Therefore, the other characters don't really have to do anything else or play a huge role, but have their closures by helping, which made perfect sense as they repayed Nariyuki's kindness.

Rizu's route also have a huge retcon with that love game, which in itself is not a problem, but the fact that a freaking one-sided hug made Uruka and Fumino surrender is underwhelming to say the least. The route didn't have enough content for 9 chapters, so Sekijou hijacking it just further writes it home that Rizu is a wasted character.

Fumino's route had the most romantic confession, I guess, even though it's also a bit corny. Emphasizing her annoying habit of "Uruka-chan, Ricchan, I can't!" for the umpteenth time was disappointing. But what's more disappointing is that the outline is basically pre-Uruka route + Uruka route, but with Fumino winning this time around. Lack of creativity hurt it beyond saving.

I don't have many issues with Senpai's route. The whole remote island setting is questionable , but at least it's original. Also, on one hand, this highlights how a heroine of the route setting should work, focusing on Senpai and Nariyuki's relationship heavily. On the other hand, it really treats everyone else as non-existent, but same could be said for Sensei's route. So it's a matter of preferences. Either you want the girl to get focus on her own route even if it invalidates a lot of common route events, or you want the main characters to still have minimal presence, showing signs of existing even if they steal screentime from the heroine of the route. As a standalone piece though, this works the best in my opinion.

Like I said, Sensei's route is just okay. The glue that sticks it together is her supervising Nariyuki. But outside of that it feels disorganized. Some fluff is nice, but I liked their previous chapters on the common route better. I also can understand that she is stubborn, but boy, months passing for a decision is just not for me. Nariyuki being Chadyuki on this route was really good though.

Senpai > Uruka > Sensei > Depending on my mood either Rizu or Fumino, can't decide.
Best girl is Uruka, then Sensei, then Senpai.
Old 2020-12-09, 08:55   Link #3519
~Yami~

They rushed it in the newest chapter

Senpai arc is still the strongest and followed by Uruka
The rest are just the same
It is just that Sensei's arc is less annoying than Fumino's and Rizu's

Still sad on how they wasted the potential to develop Fumino, considering at how good the author built her character before the final arc
Old 2020-12-10, 04:43   Link #3520
WingedAccelerator

According to spoilers, Sensei gets the on-screen marriage. But...

It's not the last chapter of the manga. The route ends, but there is at least another chapter next week. First thing that came to my mind is pulling a flashback to the common route, where Nariyuki thinks how dating each girl would be fantastic or somethig like that, further emphasizing the coward way of "Choose your canon". Or if Tsutsui wants a legendary ending, he goes back to Uruka and Nariyuki engaged and the other routes were alljust dreams.

Tags
alternate endings, harem, harem?, high school, main heroine bias, no main heroine, omnibus, romantic comedy, romcom, shuraba