AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2003-11-26, 12:29   Link #21
bohemian
坂本真綾さん最高

I should say so far so good, Gonzo never disappoints me, and the OP is great, love to hear Kuribayashi Minami (seiyuu of Haruka from kiminozo) sings the OP. And Athrun Zara is back too.

Btw, somehow Rossette gives me an impression of Pacifica, does anyone else think so?
bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 14:36   Link #22
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
Man I love this show,funny cool characters.Its all pretty good.
|Aion| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 14:45   Link #23
Killerattacks

Didnt watch CC yet, but somehow I dont want anymore. It might be the uber anime but when things start like this http://ultracarl.darkslyde.net/CC/ again - without me. At least as long there isnt one group which knows what they are doing and dont participate in the new "We want to be like AJ" contest. Yeah Im angry :P
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 14:52   Link #24
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

As far as things go, I think that Rosette is something of a different case when it comes to being a 'nun' per se. The Magadala Shuudoukai is a religious sect in the same was as the Templars were a religious sect - they're a militant order, so you'll have some different sorts of people there.

Spoiler:
Rune~Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 14:54   Link #25
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerattacks
Didnt watch CC yet, but somehow I dont want anymore. It might be the uber anime but when things start like this http://ultracarl.darkslyde.net/CC/ again - without me. At least as long there isnt one group which knows what they are doing and dont participate in the new "We want to be like AJ" contest. Yeah Im angry :P
Man i hate when this kinda shit starts.If your subs look like someonelses they say you stole them,if they look to different they say that the translation is wrong.Will it ever end
|Aion| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 15:27   Link #26
Killerattacks

Quote:
Man i hate when this kinda shit starts.If your subs look like someonelses they say you stole them,if they look to different they say that the translation is wrong.Will it ever end
There are different ways to translate anything, which are all right. Like when you translate "gomen" with "sorry" or "excuse me". Both are different senteces, but have the same meaning.
But its simply _wrong_ when one translation of "gomen" would be "Fried fish???".

And if you have the right trans nobdy can claim that you stole it just because the meaning is the same (because it is the right trans). Of course its something different if the sentences and each word are exact the same, like a copy. So I dont see your problem. 3 subs most of them have different meanings at the same parts then at least 2 of them are wrong. Thats annoying.
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 15:35   Link #27
K_R
also known as K!

It would be more helpful if ultracarl posted PNGs instead af JPGs, makes it hard to tell whether the mosquitos around the subs are encode or JPG artefacts.

Some observations (mixed bag):

What's interesting is the opening of Kraze's version - it has the most bg detail. But, when we look at the only episode screenie (focusing on the lines on each character's cheeks), we see that Keep's is slightly more blurred than AF-F/Inf's and Kraze is slightly more blurred than Keep. AF-F/Inf has more detail retention on the letters in the title though...
Hm... and the kanji is almost unreadable on Kraze's.

Colour saturation is nicest on AF-F/Inf's. Keeps is too bright, washed out. Kraze's seems a little flat. But, on the ED Kraze has the best colour vibrance, now AF-F/Inf's looks flat.

Also kraze's version seems to have vertical banding artefacts (see Rosette's hand).

And AF-F/Inf seems to have forgotten to crop/resize.

--

DeathWolf, I take back the comment about the raw, it doesn't seem that bad compared with what AF-F/Inf and kraze used. But, definitely could have done some tweak() magic.

Last edited by K_R; 2003-11-26 at 16:12.
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 15:49   Link #28
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Yep, just watched the first episode. As expected, excellent excellent. God dammit though, i couldn't find the manga anywhere!

Will CC get its own section soon? =)
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 16:01   Link #29
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-
Yep, just watched the first episode. As expected, excellent excellent. God dammit though, i couldn't find the manga anywhere!
The manga was liscenced by ADV's new manga department back last summer - it was something of a surprise, and a bit sad for those of us who were following the scanlations of the series (which were just getting into full swing at the time). J-ComX was the main group I know of working on it, but if you can find the scanlations (or even the raw manga, to be honest) around anymore, you're pretty lucky. Chrno Crusade was pretty much an unknown over here until a few months ago.
Old 2003-11-26, 16:03   Link #30
FMPFaN83
Sick of Power Abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
That's why you tell your raw getter to get you a better raw, and keep doing so until he/she supplies you with something that is worth using, or get the raws yourself (recommended). "raw I had to use" doesn't cut it when there are plenty of raws to be had on winny. It seems to me that you guys rushed to release first, instead of taking your time to find a decent raw.

Lets no give the fansubbers crap, remember they provide us with "free" fansubs if it isn't perfect deal with it, or learn japanese your two options

That said i liked it, nuns with guns lol cool concept :P
FMPFaN83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 16:22   Link #31
spykes
Inactive Member

i love nuttin in life
spykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 17:02   Link #32
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune~Grey
The manga was liscenced by ADV's new manga department back last summer - it was something of a surprise, and a bit sad for those of us who were following the scanlations of the series (which were just getting into full swing at the time). J-ComX was the main group I know of working on it, but if you can find the scanlations (or even the raw manga, to be honest) around anymore, you're pretty lucky. Chrno Crusade was pretty much an unknown over here until a few months ago.
Well, the French scanlations of the series is still being done... So it's not that impossible. But yeah, it was licensed totally out of nowhere... Which makes me wonder whether ADV will announce the licensing of the anime sometime soon.
Old 2003-11-26, 17:42   Link #33
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

I think that its probably a bit early to be announcing a liscence for North America - generally the only series that we see get liscenced after only a few episodes are the ones that actually had some degree of participation / funding by one of the north american companies (Ninja Scroll TV or Kino no Tabi, anyone?)

After all, they don't *know* if Crusade is going to be popular... and its also the off season for liscensing - those tend to come during the summer convention season where they can announce them with all due fanfare. Chrno Crusade doesn't have very much of a prexisting fanbase, so I think we may see the series run its course before liscensing even becomes an issue. Its also not something that is... easily marketing to a US audience as well - just look at the replies earlier in this thread due to some of the religious aspects of the series.

Of course, watch ADV pick it up tomorrow just so they can prove me wrong. ^^
Old 2003-11-26, 18:01   Link #34
calavera spain
empty mind

Send a message via MSN to calavera spain
wow, it is a good series..... for the moment the story line is really interesting, devils, guns and lots of action weeeee
calavera spain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 18:44   Link #35
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune~Grey
I think that its probably a bit early to be announcing a liscence for North America - generally the only series that we see get liscenced after only a few episodes are the ones that actually had some degree of participation / funding by one of the north american companies (Ninja Scroll TV or Kino no Tabi, anyone?)
Yeah, I know... But I was referring to the fact that since the manga's licensing came totally out of nowhere maybe the anime's licensing would be too...
Old 2003-11-26, 18:48   Link #36
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Well, I've checked out SuYu&TnH's version. The encode is way superior to A-Keep's version, though not quite as vibrant as Inf&AF-F. I consider it to be more than acceptable. The editing is the best of the three. As for typesetting... I think the font itself is midway between the other two, but it doesn't have weird inverted apostrophes, so I'll call it the best of them.

SuYu&TnH is now my favorite version. This is the first that I'll consider acceptable, but hopefully someone else will put out a version that exceeds merely acceptable.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 18:58   Link #37
Butcha

I heard Chrno Crusade only contains 13 eps in total? IMO that's too little to incorporate all the details of the manga...should be around 26 eps.
Butcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 19:45   Link #38
FlyByNite

I really enjoyed the first episode. The setting for the series (1928 USA) is cool and different, (Well except for Carnivale on HBO, but that's a few years later. This is right before the great depression hits) I've never seen many things in that time period.

I'll definitely stick with the series for awhile and see how it progresses. It had funny moments and some nice bits of action in it.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 20:07   Link #39
DekaMaster
Banned

I am waiting for WPP's
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 20:35   Link #40
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcha
I heard Chrno Crusade only contains 13 eps in total? IMO that's too little to incorporate all the details of the manga...should be around 26 eps.
I've not heard anything OFFICIAL about it only being 13 episodes - 26 is probably going to be able to actually incorporate most of the manga. The series is a pretty decent length for a single season show.

Anyways... less on being a commentary on who's sub is what, and on the episode itself...

I actually liked the changes that they've made so far in the anime - especially some of the early development that they've made with Chrno. Going to spoiler tag the rest, just in case anyone doesn't want to see it, but this is mainly anime to manga compairson.

Spoiler: