AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-08, 23:17   Link #61
Jirachier

can someone who read the novel tell us a little bit about the MC ?
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 23:57   Link #62
Saphirra

Spoiler for spoiler vol 2:

Spoiler for Fanservice:

Last edited by Saphirra; 2013-08-09 at 01:24.
Saphirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 00:24   Link #63
Jirachier

Oh thanks.
So is he like only a strategic mind or also a skilled fighter ?
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 00:29   Link #64
Saphirra

He has both
Old 2013-08-09, 00:43   Link #65
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

You might want to, I don't know, put that in a spoiler tag or something considering that you just brought volume 2's penultimate conflict out in the open for everyone else to read.

Kudos for doing so!

Loving this so much right now. Even the author's small touches in his writing, like the use of alliteration in the names of the witches, and homonyms during their spells. It's small touches like those that show the effort the author is putting into this series, and I love it. Especially the illustrations detailing each witch's magic, or the military formations as the battle progresses!

I LOVE IT SO MUCH HOO-RAH

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2013-08-09 at 01:29.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 01:48   Link #66
Saphirra

I agree with you , this novel and Vanadis are rare jewels, especially when you're talking about MF Bunko J here. Strategic Fantasy Novel always makes my blood boil with excitement and It's the first time I saw a novel with so much detail in battle formation, they even went as far as drawing it in the illustrations
But there's moments in the story which I felt rather confused because there's so many names listed at the same time, I remember at the beginning of volume 2 I was bombarded with about 20 full names and their abilities, took me some time to remembered all of them =).
Old 2013-08-09, 01:57   Link #67
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Yeah, this and Vanadis are the jewels in the rough since it's MF Bunko J we're talking here.

Hmmm.

If 戦記 is your thing, then I'd also recommend these titles. 覇剣の皇姫アルティーナ, ガブリエラ戦記 and 鋼鉄の白兎騎士団. The last two are also from Kou Maisaka, and they are completed series with his trademark use of military formation illustrations (and even siege engines)! All Famitsu Bunko, and all very good. 覇剣の皇姫アルティーナ is still an ongoing series, next volume is to be out soon.

Agreed, the loads and loads of characters can get confusing at first...but I like it that way. It comes off as more believable.
Old 2013-08-09, 02:08   Link #68
Saphirra

Oh thanks, I've heard about 鋼鉄の白兎騎士団 but not the other 2, will take some time to read them

Some of the siege engines make me want to laugh =))
Old 2013-08-09, 02:12   Link #69
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Yeah, 鋼鉄の白兎騎士団 connects to ガブリエラ戦記, and the author's new series on Famitsu Bunko, 夜姫と亡国の六姫士, is connected to both as it takes place in the same world (from what I've gathered so far; I could be mistaken as I haven't looked too deeply into it).

I hope you enjoy reading those titles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphirra View Post
Some of the siege engines make me want to laugh =))
Well, against arrows, all they can do is pray, right? ROFL

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2013-08-09 at 02:40.
Old 2013-08-11, 21:43   Link #70
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphirra View Post
Spoiler for spoiler vol 2:

Spoiler for Fanservice:
thank you very much for the spoilers ^^
just something went bad and is that the images are not showing :/
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 22:52   Link #71
n0m@n
C-Z

So more people are into 戦記 now huh.
There has been 戦記 genre LN even before Madan, but what got me crazy about this genre is no doubt Madan no Ou. I'm glad I chose a book by the cover...

Speaking of "Altina", I did a full translation of the chapter 1 of the first volume at B-T if anyone is interested. Just click here.

Currently, my Top 3 戦記 series are Madan, Altina, and Naga. There has been some author who started doing this theme lately, but it looks like a rip off from the popular ones and isnt worth reading. Dont read 天翔虎の軍師. The author thinks fighting an empire with a small number and winning against them is easy...

Other LN with this genre is ねじ巻き精霊戦記 天鏡のアルデラミン and ご主人様は山猫姫.
Old 2013-08-11, 22:58   Link #72
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

You started working on Altina? Congratulations! I guess it's a good time as any, since you have time before Altina v4 comes out!

Finally moving on from DxD, I guess?

And 天翔虎の軍師 is more of a joke than anything. I feel sorry for the 戦記 enthusiasts who got duped.
Old 2013-08-11, 23:04   Link #73
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
You started working on Altina? Congratulations! I guess it's a good time as any, since you have time before Altina v4 comes out!

Finally moving away from DxD, I guess?

And 天翔虎の軍師 is more of a joke than anything. I feel sorry for the 戦記 enthusiasts who got duped.
I'm still going to translate DxD, but I wanted to find some other LN that is good and isn't embarrassing to translate.

The only way I will see English translation for Naga is when it gets announced for an anime(It isnt, but Im just saying). Majority of English translated LN are ones that has an anime for it.

Btw hemi, do 千の魔剣と盾の乙女. You will make Phil happy. And also henry....lol
Old 2013-08-11, 23:11   Link #74
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Isn't embarrassasing to translate...'`,、('∀`) '`,、

Naga IMO is going to be harder to sell to the crowd that fell for Madan. The battles in Naga are less set-pieces and more natural in their flow and execution, and the harem isn't even that close to what Madan has; it's more like Gabriella Senki, only with witches and with a male lead in tow.

Plus, translating it into English would probably lose the little charms in the writing, like the alliterations in the witches' spells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Btw hemi, do 千の魔剣と盾の乙女. You will make Phil happy. And also henry....lol
He actually roped me in to do v2+ of 黒鋼の魔紋修復士, and I've started on it, but I'm thinking of taking on 千の魔剣と盾の乙女 instead. Mostly because it's lighter in tone, aside from other things!

My only problem, if I do choose to take on 千の魔剣と盾の乙女, would be just like with Madan...the names and terminologies. (´・ω・`) But at least 千の魔剣と盾の乙女 is consistent in its use of inspiration from Celtic and Irish myths, so there's a start!
Old 2013-08-11, 23:25   Link #75
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Isn't embarrassasing to translate...'`,、('∀`) '`,、

Naga IMO is going to be harder to sell to the crowd that fell for Madan. The battles in Naga are less set-pieces and more natural in their flow and execution, and the harem isn't even that close to what Madan has; it's more like Gabriella Senki, only with witches and with a male lead in tow.

Plus, translating it into English would probably lose the little charms in the writing, like the alliterations in the witches' spells.

He actually roped me in to do v2+ of 黒鋼の魔紋修復士, and I've started on it, but I'm thinking of taking on 千の魔剣と盾の乙女 instead. Mostly because it's lighter in tone, aside from other things!

My only problem, if I do choose to take on 千の魔剣と盾の乙女, would be just like with Madan...the names and terminologies. (´・ω・`) But at least 千の魔剣と盾の乙女 is consistent in its use of inspiration from Celtic and Irish myths, so there's a start!
Naga has too many girls, but nothing started yet in terms of romance. Well, thats not the important thing in 戦記 genre, so both you and me will be fine with it
Yeah, some people dont like LN that is detailed. They prefer ones with high pace, so its hard to get them enjoy this LN.

Yup! And the characters have the english name given before the content page so thats also helpful lol.
Once you get to volume 6 and further, we find out the story isn't a simple thing where they have to kill the Maou.... Looks like the author wants to make it longer than he originally had in plan.
Old 2013-08-11, 23:31   Link #76
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Naga has too many girls, but nothing started yet in terms of romance. Well, thats not the important thing in 戦記 genre, so both you and me will be fine with it

Yeah, some people dont like LN that is detailed. They prefer ones with high pace, so its hard to get them enjoy this LN.
Pretty much. I find myself enjoying most of the heroines in this series (Naga). I particularly like レラ and クゥー...I swear I'm not a lolicon.

And the details are what helps make the stories more concrete! Makes everything that happens more consistent, unlike stories with fast pacing where they just blow through everything without a second thought.

Quote:
Yup! And the characters have the english name given before the content page so thats also helpful lol.

Once you get to volume 6 and further, we find out the story isn't a simple thing where they have to kill the Maou.... Looks like the author wants to make it longer than he originally had in plan.
Yeah, the main cast has their names out in English and I am thankful so much for that. But the others, like the Maou's minions, heck even the Maou itself, I'll have to play guessing games with. Like, リャナンシー (Leanan sidhe), for example.

He might be planning to make it longer, but by v10 the story is nearing it's end. Rach and company finally know what's actually going on, the Maou is quickly running out of minions, and the real Big Bad has been finally revealed.

v11 has the Ichijinsha blog teasing people with a small picture; of Baltuetas cradling Sasha! I hope he finally gets to save the shotacon Yuusha!
Old 2013-08-11, 23:34   Link #77
n0m@n
C-Z

Is it me or does it feel like Baltuetas is the main hero/character and Sasha is the main-heroine?
I mean, Sasha leaves a stronger impression than Elcia. Well, for me at least. Maybe it will be like GSD where there will be a main-character swap, lol.
Old 2013-08-11, 23:37   Link #78
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Is it me or does it feel like Baltuetas is the main hero/character and Sasha is the main-heroine?
I mean, Sasha leaves a stronger impression than Elcia. Well, for me at least. Maybe it will be like GSD where there will be a main-character swap, lol.
Mmm, not really. It's like a multi-generation story, with both Rach and Bal serving as the respective leads for their generations. Bal's story is about saving Sasha, beating the Maou and finally ending the past reign of terror, while Rach's is about beating one of the other elder dragons and clearing a way for the future.

I hope they don't do main character swaps, at the least.

Besides, Elicia is finally starting to grow up and become more assertive over Rach! Her rushing to Rach's defense in v10 was awesome. Her getting beat down with little effort, not so much.
Old 2013-08-11, 23:47   Link #79
n0m@n
C-Z

I really should start rereading 千の魔剣と盾の乙女 again. I stopped after finishing volume 6. Might as well read the rest before volume 11 comes out lol.
Old 2013-08-11, 23:49   Link #80
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Yeah, v6 onwards is when Rach and company start gathering the rest of the Tuatha Dé Danann's treasures...I mean, from what's left, that is, since Sasha already has Claimgh Solais. Nagi just got Brionac, Elicia and Phil get divine-class upgraded gears too!

Too bad for Horpe and v8, though.

Man, this 20 vs 2000 battle in v2 is really something! Exciting stuff! I'm both amused and horrified at the dam scene. This is gripping stuff!

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2013-08-12 at 04:13.

Tags
another world, fantasy, harem, strategy