AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-01-10, 13:26   Link #21
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
at least looking at the bigger picture would be nice :/
i think it isnt heroic to save the girl in front of you and as aftereffect hundreds of people suffer :/
for me, seeing the bigger picture and doing the "dirty"/"evil" things is the real "heroic deed"...
if danzo didnt have such a cr*ppy personality im sure he would have become my favorite char of the naruto-cast
I disagree, the problem with sacrificing people for the greater good is that eventually you'll run out of people to sacrifice.

In the first place it's unreasonable to push that responsibility to him alone. It's not his job to look at the bigger picture, you have other characters for that.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 13:28   Link #22
LazyHunter

As long as the novel has good interactions between Touma and Hamazura/ITEM I'm sold, always liked both of them more than Accelerator but they don't get a lot of chances to talk to each other, which is a shame.

More information about Aihana Etsu and/or the #6 would be fine too but I will hold my breath on that given how much Kamachi likes to tease us with the #6.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 13:30   Link #23
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
yep, but they are least are trying ()

touma punch the evil guy, and then return to his "normal live" , when the most logical outcome, is to keep fighting, fixing what was broken (or, at least keeping a constant surveillance)

and, in this case touma have power, much more power than normal persons.(apart of his "faction" , he have a hidden power)
*the level 5 and saints too, those are powers being wasted...*

- different persons ..and different "ways"

the irony!
World Police? That's your solution? Who do you think is gathering the intel for half of the mess Kamijou finds himself in?

There are already systems in place in the World and still bad things happen.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2015-01-10 at 14:14.
Old 2015-01-10, 13:46   Link #24
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

world police is a extreme..although i cant deny that it can turn into something like that at the end.

the importance is the collaboration and, be able to be self-sufficient ... and not to force your way unless there is something rotten (nor total control, nor anarchy - nor attack unless is a grave situation, nor be looking to another place when the world is burning - be able to look for agreements that bring beneficies from both sides)

is destined to fail, yes(especially if you cut the liberty/force some nonsense on others+ human cant be ruled) , but through the failures, some new concept can appear.

and, bad things are going to happen anyway..is our nature.

to be on topic, touma has enough power and experience to understand and to fix the problems.(he have enough allies to provoke changes...and..dragons )
Quote:
at least accel mentioned that he doesnt care about the world, so he wouldnt even stand up to save it, at least only until it becomes his (or his "loved peoples") business

but that is accel case.

Last edited by dazo; 2015-01-10 at 16:22. Reason: through/cant
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 13:57   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
to be on topic, touma has enough power and experience to understand and to fix the problems.(he have enough allies to provoke changes...and..dragons )
Hmmm, personally I disagree. I can see where you're coming from but I disagree that Kamijou would be the right hero for this job (skill set wise) let alone it being his responsibility.

There is something to say about knowing your strengths and your limits. And you could say it's not in his favor to suddenly gain a complicated agenda.

But enough off-topic about that.
Old 2015-01-10, 15:16   Link #26
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I disagree, the problem with sacrificing people for the greater good is that eventually you'll run out of people to sacrifice.
? this makes not real sense
Quote:
In the first place it's unreasonable to push that responsibility to him alone.
he is the one who wants to save the girl, so he it is also his duty to bear the aftereffects of his actions... he an ignore it (like he did until now) but it would be nice if he wouldnt do it :/ but since he "saved" othinus from getting her deserved punishment i think this request is only fanfiction :/
Quote:
It's not his job to look at the bigger picture,
who else should do it? fiamma? acqua? both who saw the bigger picture and wanted to keep the negatives at the minimum but became "villains"
Quote:
you have other characters for that.
and if they do it they are often shown as "villains" because they are the "heartless"/"evil" people who can sacrifice others in order to save the majority :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 15:50   Link #27
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
? this makes not real sense
It makes the realest sense. Sacrificing people "for the greater good" is the oldest, slipperiest slop in human history.

Lets go back to your original statement, in what situation would saving a girl cause hundreds of people to suffer? Saving Othnius causes the Magic Gods to attack? Then blame the Magic Gods!

Quote:
he is the one who wants to save the girl, so he it is also his duty to bear the aftereffects of his actions... he an ignore it (like he did until now) but it would be nice if he wouldnt do it :/ but since he "saved" othinus from getting her deserved punishment i think this request is only fanfiction :/
Don't mistake what that responsibility is.

Also, I was referring to the ridiculous claim that he has to solve (fix) all the world's problems.

Quote:
who else should do it? fiamma? acqua? both who saw the bigger picture and wanted to keep the negatives at the minimum but became "villains"

and if they do it they are often shown as "villains" because they are the "heartless"/"evil" people who can sacrifice others in order to save the majority :/
Necessarius was made for this purpose, among other organizations. Heck, even the world police is in on this now.

Nobody asked for a hero to 'fix' the world's problems. It is hubris for any character to think they can do that themselves.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2015-01-10 at 16:20.
Old 2015-01-10, 16:43   Link #28
Miraluka
Banned

Necessarius isn't getting any love in NT though.

Quote:
Oh hell, you are right, thor was the only male "villian" but he doesnt count since he wasnt really the "enemy"...
Since NT began we didnt get a single male arc-villian is somehow sad
That's why in my book Fiamma is at the top followed by Acqua.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 16:47   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post

Necessarius isn't getting any love in NT though.
That's beside the point. If they're talking about wanting an organization to police the world there's plenty of that already.
Old 2015-01-10, 16:53   Link #30
LevelSeven

Quote:
It makes the realest sense. Sacrificing people "for the greater good" is the oldest, slipperiest slop in human history.
and the one which is the most realistic (most common sense) one :/
Quote:
Lets go back to your original statement, in what situation would saving a girl cause hundreds of people to suffer? Saving Othnius causes the Magic Gods to attack? Then blame the Magic Gods!
i never said they would attack, my scenario was: saving a girl and letting hundreds of people suffer or not saving her :/ and that it would be a nice change, but with NT10 this "hope"/"wish" is fanfiction :/
Quote:
Don't mistake what that responsibility is.
how can i mistake it? he is "rolling the stone" to save one person but doesnt care if this stone crushs a whole village...
Quote:
Also, I was referring to the ridiculous claim that he has to solve (fix) all the world's problems.
ahhh, yeah, he doesnt have the duty to solve the worlds problems :/
Quote:
Necessarius was made for this purpose, among other organizations. Heck, even the world police is in on this now.
aside from the police force, in toaru, if im not wrong, are considered "evil" :/
Quote:
Nobody asked for a hero to 'fix' the world's problems. It is hubris for any character to think they can do that themselves.
im not talking about touma saving the world, it sounds stupid, he doesnt have powers to crush countrys or the intelligence to be a "one of the greatest minds" :/
the only thing that would help him is his "faction"/"freinds" which are also only a fragile group only together if they have the same goal

@Miraluka
Quote:
That's why in my book Fiamma is at the top followed by Acqua.
who can hate "superman" and "opposite-touma"?
Old 2015-01-10, 17:06   Link #31
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
and the one which is the most realistic (most common sense) one :/
You can find all kinds of debate over this, it's really a case by case situation- One that I'm not willing to duke it out all night.

Quote:
i never said they would attack, my scenario was: saving a girl and letting hundreds of people suffer or not saving her :/ and that it would be a nice change, but with NT10 this "hope"/"wish" is fanfiction :/

how can i mistake it? he is "rolling the stone" to save one person but doesnt care if this stone crushs a whole village...
Are you arguing a hypothetical situation or are you actually using this as an analog to describe what is happening despite neither of us knowing what's going to happen?

Because first off, if some assholes decide to cause trouble because Othinus was saved, then it's the fault of those assholes. This is not some rolling stone that has no mind of it's own.

Quote:
aside from the police force, in toaru, if im not wrong, are considered "evil" :/
Irrelevant, it's still their job.
Old 2015-01-10, 17:35   Link #32
LG-MAX 2.o

You know what I find ridiculous? Kamachi never makes Kamijou save fat girls or aesthetically devoid of what society calls beauty, he has the courage to create a protagonist who hit girls, but in his head, ugly girls do not deserve to exist or be saved. Hunf
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 18:19   Link #33
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
You know what I find ridiculous? Kamachi never makes Kamijou save fat girls or aesthetically devoid of what society calls beauty, he has the courage to create a protagonist who hit girls, but in his head, ugly girls do not deserve to exist or be saved. Hunf
Hey, the ancient Romans thought fat was sexy, but that was then and this is now. Fat had its time. Now is the era of the skinny.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 19:44   Link #34
Chosen_Hero

I just want the volume to be a Touma and ITEM volume, we really need him to interact with them, if I get that I won't care about anything else, that alone would make the volume for me.

Quote:
As ok as I am with some "chubby" (or fluffy) females or female appearing, it would be kind of difficult to separate the A Certain series from it's "animeisms". Hey, you never know, there could be one in the works.
Old 2015-01-10, 19:53   Link #35
SimoHalo
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to SimoHalo Send a message via AIM to SimoHalo Send a message via Yahoo to SimoHalo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I just want the volume to be a Touma and ITEM volume, we really need him to interact with them, if I get that I won't care about anything else, that alone would make the volume for me.

I also wouldn't mind if Touma were to deliver and old style beatdown to someone, the last time he properly punched someone was in NT8 if I recall correctly?
SimoHalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 21:13   Link #36
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimoHalo View Post
I also wouldn't mind if Touma were to deliver and old style beatdown to someone, the last time he properly punched someone was in NT8 if I recall correctly?
NT07 actually...unless you count the Muspell.

That being said, it would be very interesting to see some interaction between Touma and ITEM. I have my doubts that we will see that in NT12, though.
Old 2015-01-11, 01:36   Link #37
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Wasnt this what Touma was telling Fiamma about
Technically he said "the world is not so weak that it needs to be saved by a bastard like you.". So what Touma meant was people who think they got the perfect solution should get off their high horses.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 08:52   Link #38
LevelSeven

Quote:
You can find all kinds of debate over this, it's really a case by case situation
:/ true...
Quote:
-One that I'm not willing to duke it out all night.
nah, in germany it is morning now
Quote:
Are you arguing a hypothetical situation or are you actually using this as an analog to describe what is happening despite neither of us knowing what's going to happen?
i wasnt specifically talking about the upcoming volumes... (even if the spoilers seem to indicate it), i mentioned OT-stuff too :/
considering the bigger picture and trying to do both would be cool, this is all im saying, NT10 showed that my wish is fanfiction :/
Quote:
Because first off, if some assholes decide to cause trouble because Othinus was saved, then it's the fault of those assholes. This is not some rolling stone that has no mind of it's own.
this is one of the "case by case" situations you mentioned... what if, if they didnt have any other choice?
Quote:
Irrelevant, it's still their job.
yup...

@lg-max
this is a story for the sake of gaining money...
of course the chars will be cute/moe/etc. so that the fans like them...
who would ship touma and othinus if othinus was a 2 meters tall, 260 pounds heavy, trained mainly girl/woman??
Old 2015-01-11, 11:15   Link #39
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Well, anime doesn't tend to have larger girls and women very often so it probably won't happen due to that.

As for them all being attractive girls/women, I don't think they all are. Mikoto is boyish and I think would be a plain jane if she were real, Index looks like a kid so is cute but that's different from being "attractive"... And ... OK, you have a point, I'm wracking my brain trying to think of one who is ugly and I'm getting nowhere fast.

But we have a plain tomboy and a girl who looks young (which would normally be a put off to a guy of Touma's age). So its *something* I guess.

Quote:
:/ true...

nah, in germany it is morning now

i wasnt specifically talking about the upcoming volumes... (even if the spoilers seem to indicate it), i mentioned OT-stuff too :/
considering the bigger picture and trying to do both would be cool, this is all im saying, NT10 showed that my wish is fanfiction :/

this is one of the "case by case" situations you mentioned... what if, if they didnt have any other choice?

yup...

@lg-max
this is a story for the sake of gaining money...
of course the chars will be cute/moe/etc. so that the fans like them...
who would ship touma and othinus if othinus was a 2 meters tall, 260 pounds heavy, trained mainly girl/woman??
Does that really even matter?

I'm not familiar with fandoms so maybe my assumptions are miles out, but does anyone really ship anyone other than Kanzaki (I know she is popular in Japan), Mikoto or Index?

Most characters are introduced and forgotten about & only 2 really have any wider development. Actually shipping characters seems pointless outside of genuine speculation or pissing around. Or do people just go overboard and ship any character who shows any passing interest in the MC?

This is a genuine question btw, normally I thought people only ship developed "will they/won't they" type relationships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
As long as the novel has good interactions between Touma and Hamazura/ITEM I'm sold, always liked both of them more than Accelerator but they don't get a lot of chances to talk to each other, which is a shame.

More information about Aihana Etsu and/or the #6 would be fine too but I will hold my breath on that given how much Kamachi likes to tease us with the #6.
I agree, they desperately need more of Shiage and Item being brought in with Touma, they need more of Accelerator, Mikoto and Index alongside Touma too.

So much wasted potential, but I doubt it will happen.

And what has happened to Necessarius, Styil, Tsuchimikado and Kanzaki? They have pretty much vanished from the plot entirely.
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 11:19   Link #40
Miraluka
Banned

I wonder how would have been if Othinus was male in loincloths.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote