Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-03, 01:38   Link #2381
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
Just read them. The anime adaptation is not always loyal to its source material.
Not everyone understands moon.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 02:00   Link #2382
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Not everyone understands moon.
That is because they didn't give it a chance to learn japs and read them novels, no?
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 14:34   Link #2383
Lydia.C

Hello

I apologize in advance for my very bad English, I'm French

We do not have a light novel (paper version) in France, that's why I just inform me here.
Where is the torque Araragi / Hitagi in the light novel? We see them together more often after the season Nadeko (Otorimonogatari) ? We will have a little more information on them (on their couple aragi / Hitagi)

Again sorry for my english really bad, I'm doing my best. I'm impatient nature, and their relationship really intrigues me hehe.
Lydia.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 01:01   Link #2384
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia.C View Post
Hello

I apologize in advance for my very bad English, I'm French

We do not have a light novel (paper version) in France, that's why I just inform me here.
Where is the torque Araragi / Hitagi in the light novel? We see them together more often after the season Nadeko (Otorimonogatari) ? We will have a little more information on them (on their couple aragi / Hitagi)

Again sorry for my english really bad, I'm doing my best. I'm impatient nature, and their relationship really intrigues me hehe.
No. You will not get your dose of Araragi x Gahara this season.
I'm sorry to say this but this is the truth.
Old 2013-10-04, 01:29   Link #2385
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Yeah, other then off screen stuff they literally don't say a word to each other.
Old 2013-10-04, 01:29   Link #2386
Lydia.C

Quote:
This is unfortunate.
Even in season three + Hanamonogatari?

Zokuowarimonogatari is officially the last Monogatari, where it is possible that Nisio we do a sequel?
The Light Novel are where?

I keep a little hope
Old 2013-10-04, 01:48   Link #2387
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia.C View Post
This is unfortunate.
Even in season three + Hanamonogatari?

Zokuowarimonogatari is officially the last Monogatari, where it is possible that Nisio we do a sequel?
The Light Novel are where?

I keep a little hope
This stuff need a closure.
Another prequel maybe, but not sequel to me.

I don't quite understand your question though, but I assume that you are asking the current LN.
Well, the upcoming novel to be release is Owarimonogatari 1, the previous LN titles are Tsukimonogatari and Koyomimonogatari.
Old 2013-10-04, 03:07   Link #2388
Lydia.C

You have fully understood my questions, thank you
Old 2013-10-08, 10:30   Link #2389
redgrnbluylw

I'm an anime-only watcher with a question for those who've read a fair share of the novels:

Do you guys think that the novels have any literary merit? (Trying not to sound pretentious here, lol.) What I mean is, is Nisio trying to make commentaries of any sort on the real world, or did he write them pretty much for amusement? Just curious. Either way, I still love the series.
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 11:41   Link #2390
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw View Post
I'm an anime-only watcher with a question for those who've read a fair share of the novels:

Do you guys think that the novels have any literary merit? (Trying not to sound pretentious here, lol.) What I mean is, is Nisio trying to make commentaries of any sort on the real world, or did he write them pretty much for amusement? Just curious. Either way, I still love the series.
The way I see it the series originally started out as Nisio's way of just writing whatever he wanted. The way the stories were published showed that he didn't plan this to become a series the way it is now. Nisio even straight out says that he didn't plan on publishing Nise hoping that he could keep the stories for himself.

But of course when Bake got animated and made a shit-ton of money I guess he kinda got "forced" to write more. He certainly left himself some room to write more but you could tell he didn't see it coming.

So in the end I would say it was for amusement at first but now it has become a "job". As for if there are any merit it really depends who you are. It's not breaking any molds or contesting social issues but it is what it is. The stories breaks the fourth wall frequently to comment on the real world but it's nothing really groundbreaking.

However I would say that Nisio as an author in general does contest how stories are formulated.
Old 2013-10-08, 13:09   Link #2391
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw View Post
When Nisio said he wrote this for hobby, it was just Japanese sense of modesty. Everything he writes tries to appeal to a certain ideal target, and Monogatari is no exception. The target here was people who are well versed with anime and manga. That said, yes, I think Nisio has his literary merits, as do many other commercial authors.

"Commentaries" is a big word, but through Monogatari you learn a bit of Japanese culture and anime cliches that perhaps you wouldn't notice from other sources. While it is meant to be entertainment first, that's what being a professional author is about. What's special about Monogatari is the psychological portrayal of the characters, which in itself would be presentable even if the work wasn't about anime pop culture, which is precisely what makes it unpresentable to the general public.

Basically, Nisio writes quality stuff that is worth your change. Not the best author in the universe, but he is entertaining in a thoughtful way.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 20:27   Link #2392
redgrnbluylw

Thanks for the responses, guys. In hindsight, a novel like Kizumonogatari with the pop-culture gag element is quite a bizarre combination. But he does make it work, if the anime so far is a valid measurement.
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 22:16   Link #2393
JudeLee6
Burning Dragon Master

So i just read in wikipedia that there is only 26 episodes for the second season....so is hanamonogatari being saved up for last as a movie? or is it, maybe, saved since the events in it don't happen literally after all the book.
JudeLee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 01:11   Link #2394
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudeLee6 View Post
So i just read in wikipedia that there is only 26 episodes for the second season....so is hanamonogatari being saved up for last as a movie? or is it, maybe, saved since the events in it don't happen literally after all the book.
It's probably gonna be an OVA like Kuro. It's saved bacause Shaft has shit scheduling and can't handle 2 cour seasons. It's the one book that was chosen because it does indeed happen after everything else. However the books published after it references it so the anime is not gonna catch those stuff.
Old 2013-10-12, 01:14   Link #2395
JudeLee6
Burning Dragon Master

Quote:
It's probably gonna be an OVA like Kuro. It's saved bacause Shaft has shit scheduling and can't handle 2 cour seasons. It's the one book that was chosen because it does indeed happen after everything else. However the books published after it references it so the anime is not gonna catch those stuff.
References? Like what?
Old 2013-10-12, 01:23   Link #2396
JudeLee6
Burning Dragon Master

Also, was it ever revealed what Gaen and Episode were doing together??
Old 2013-10-12, 02:25   Link #2397
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudeLee6 View Post
References? Like what?
For example in Hana a character called Rouka appears and is reference in Koi. Mayoi's "death" is also foreshadowed in Hana.

No, we still don't know what Episode and Gaen did together.
Old 2013-10-12, 03:09   Link #2398
Shikijin

Quote:
For example in Hana a character called Rouka appears and is reference in Koi. Mayoi's "death" is also foreshadowed in Hana.
Kaiki also had dental implants in Hana, a reference to Koi.
Old 2013-10-12, 14:18   Link #2399
MrFalcon

In Nisemonogatari, Nadeko had a special closet in her room that she wouldn't let Araragi look in. Had a lot of locks and bolts on it, and Nadeko creepily said she wouldn't forgive anyone for looking inside, not even Araragi. I was thinking this might be explained in the latest arc, but it wasn't. Did the light novel ever explain what was in Nadeko's closet?
MrFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 14:20   Link #2400
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFalcon View Post
In Nisemonogatari, Nadeko had a special closet in her room that she wouldn't let Araragi look in. Had a lot of locks and bolts on it, and Nadeko creepily said she wouldn't forgive anyone for looking inside, not even Araragi. I was thinking this might be explained in the latest arc, but it wasn't. Did the light novel ever explain what was in Nadeko's closet?
Yes, in Koimonogatari.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance