Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-06-13, 13:48   Link #1781
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
I'd wait and see for this one, Trump might be able to actually archieve somethings here. I'm not talking about the complete denuclearization, but for now, the fact that Kim willing to sit and talk was a major progress, we'd need to a few months to see how they uphold the deal before any judgement is made
Well, since Kim didn't promise anything concrete, I think we're good on that front. He'll keep his end of the bargain.
Old 2018-06-13, 14:20   Link #1782
Toukairin
Banned

Based on everything I have read here and there, Trump basically sold the cow for a fistful of beans by stopping the annual military drills with South Korea. The difference with the tale is that the beans are not about to show any magic at all. No matter how people see this, it is equivalent to selling the whole Far East out to China. Both the Pentagon and South Korea are pissed by that decision.
Old 2018-06-13, 17:43   Link #1783
James Rye

Well, China is happy for one. As is North Korea, bet they didn't expected it to be that easy but the amis had like only a couple weeks to prepare for this "historic meeting" so that was too be expected.
Old 2018-06-13, 17:58   Link #1784
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Is this sort of telling Japan that they need to step up to the plate?
Old 2018-06-13, 19:20   Link #1785
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The thing is that to be at the same level as NK then japan would need to have nukes, which would mean they would be no different from Iran for ratifying the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons and then walking out of it.
Old 2018-06-13, 20:40   Link #1786
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
At this point, any and every nation that previously depended on the United State for ANYTHING at all, need to re-evaluate and consider possibility of being backstabbed or abandoned at a moment's notice.
Old 2018-06-13, 21:56   Link #1787
dragon1412

The big issues here is that the deal is as vague as it could, and consider the nature of both sides leaders, the deal could be broke in no time at all. So the point was whether they can uphold it in the 1st place. Or that the leaders is trying to sneak the deals.

In case of CN, for once i think this could be both a bad move and a slight chance of good move. Depend on consequences, now the reasoning is that, while NK still largely depend on CN, Kim-Jong Un clearly isn't a fan of CN like his precedessors was. The whole deal might actually free NK from CN dependence, which depend on Kim next move, might actually turn out better than what we originally envisioned, which is actually quite bad already.

The whole moving armies is still largely depend on whether the deal can be uphold though i want to as question ??? Is Trump capable of controlling the military ??? i thought they follow different command structure ???

P/S: the biggest consequences of this in my opinion is US relationships with those in SEA. who neighboring CN. Even if the deal can't be uphold and the armies is still there, what he promised still cast a seed of doubt in their allies
Old 2018-06-15, 00:25   Link #1788
Key Board
Carbon

South Koreans are mostly celebrating

Trump actually did everything the opposite of what that war monger John Bolton told him to do.
I'm actually impressed for now.
Old 2018-06-15, 06:56   Link #1789
James Rye

Meh, Bolton has time. He knows NK will not get rid of all their nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, way too risky with China being afraid of a unified Korea under South Korea/USA dominion as well as USA knowing that sooner or later NK and SK will escalate as there is no way a dictator with a failing economy and a thriving democracy can coexist without any troubles whatsoever. NK still wants to unify Korea under their banner and SK fears that that might happen once there are no US troops in their land. It is why they build those several billion expensive military bases for the US troops to freely use, to appease Trump "America First" politics and keep his troops close to them.
Old 2018-06-15, 13:38   Link #1790
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Meh, Bolton has time.
I do not think that Bolton is the negative influence, that would be like saying Saruman lead Sauron down the wrong path. Just wait until October, Trump would be like "Huh, no Peace Nobel Prize for yours truly?" and he will flip back to his "fire and fury" rhetoric. If anyone wants to say "Trump is not so petty as to put the lives on million on the line for a prize" can also add "George W. Bush" would not topple a foreign regime as revenge for an assassination plot on his daddy, killing hundreds of thousands in the process"
Old 2018-06-16, 01:53   Link #1791
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Brought to you by the White House.
Yet another reason not to buy American.

This is how the North Koreans do propaganda:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That weekend will arguably be the biggest event I'll ever have the privilege to cover.

Singapore spent US$15 million to organise the summit in about five weeks. A certain other leader visited Singapore some 40 years ago, and went back home further convinced of his theory: 不管黑猫白猫,捉到老鼠就是好猫。 ("It doesn't matter whether the cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice.")

Here's hoping Kim Jong Un got the same message.
Old 2018-06-16, 12:16   Link #1792
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

KCNA did a better job advertising SG than anyone else lmao. Even the Istana gets documentary level footage
Old 2018-06-18, 14:01   Link #1793
Toukairin
Banned

With all the mess that was created with Trump's decision to allow that horror of separating immigrant kids from their parents, I'm beyond angry now. I hope some ICE officials will be treated like the Nazis of old when a new government will get elected. The likes of Stephen Miller and Jeff Sessions deserve to be hung for crimes against humanity.

End rant.
Old 2018-06-18, 14:22   Link #1794
James Rye

Won't happen and you know that. Heck, Trump could probably order them to put the children to the wall and shoot them and 1/3 of the country and the republican party would still support him.
Old 2018-06-18, 14:30   Link #1795
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Heck, at this point if Trump said he would support reinstating slavery for people unable to pay their debt to the bank, I would not be surprised if his base said "Yeah, that sounds like a fine idea"
Old 2018-06-18, 14:40   Link #1796
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
With all the mess that was created with Trump's decision to allow that horror of separating immigrant kids from their parents, I'm beyond angry now. I hope some ICE officials will be treated like the Nazis of old when a new government will get elected. The likes of Stephen Miller and Jeff Sessions deserve to be hung for crimes against humanity.

End rant.
That won't happen.
Nobody was even in danger to be prosecured for the Irak war when Obama took office. As much as they might desserve (or not) to be comdemned for this, the way politic work in Washington make it very unlikely to happen.

Heck, if you ask some peoples, Kissinger should had been send to La Haye age ago and we all know it will never happen.
Old 2018-06-18, 17:12   Link #1797
Blueknight78

man i really can't stop of laught, finally the "empire is rising!!!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ae714b22cb77

now trump want to control the space, up for the "darth trump", for the new "space emperor"pam pam pamram pam param!!!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-06-18, 22:05   Link #1798
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Children are being used by some of the worst criminals on earth as a means to enter our country. Has anyone been looking at the Crime taking place south of the border. It is historic, with some countries the most dangerous places in the world. Not going to happen in the U.S.
Ah, yes, we'll protect the children by orphaning them.

Reminds me of the typical "We'll stop people from ruining their lives.... by ruining it for them preemptively for them" philosophy that they love so much.

Quote:
The people of Germany are turning against their leadership as migration is rocking the already tenuous Berlin coalition. Crime in Germany is way up. Big mistake made all over Europe in allowing millions of people in who have so strongly and violently changed their culture!
And a way of conflating correlation with causation trying to provide a disingenuous analogy: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/germany...ck-2018-06-18/

But are you fucking surprised?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2018-06-18, 22:54   Link #1799
The Green One

Welp now Trump is escalating the chest thumping with China and threatening more Tariffs. Backing down isn't in his playbook apparently. All aboard on the escalation train. Let's just destroy our reputation with everyone while we're at it.
Old 2018-06-19, 00:43   Link #1800
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

United States Space Forces? He's on about something again.