Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2022-11-09, 10:48   Link #1021
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://mobile.twitter.com/wartransl...19292165038080

Word on the ground is that ex-DPR official/State Duma deputy Aleksandr Boroday (or Alexander Yurevich Borodai) nearly got killed when a convoy he's on ran over HPD-2A anti-tank mines somewhere in Kherson Oblast.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-09, 19:49   Link #1022
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Should have invaded when Trump was in office then. He would have let Putin get away with murder.
If not for Article 5, even Poland.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-09, 23:24   Link #1023
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV...killed_kirill/

Photos I found of a "car accident" that killed Kirill Stremousov, who was an official placed in charge of Kherson oblast.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2022-11-10, 11:11   Link #1024
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Checking reports that a Japanese volunteer in the Ukrainian military died fighting pro-Russian forces.

Old 2022-11-11, 05:02   Link #1025
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Japanese-speaking volunteers have anonymously said (via Twitter/other SM places) that a Japanese volunteer with the handle of Dobure was killed fighting pro-Russian forces. Tokyo even confirmed this too.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/202...887761000.html

----

I've spoken to a volunteer online and he told me that he personally knew of some Japanese nationals who got killed in artillery attacks by the Russians.

Old 2022-11-11, 08:48   Link #1026
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

The Russians have bailed from Kherson, and retreated across the river. Ukrainian troops are in the city center, and getting swarmed by jubilant civilians.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/11/europ...ntl/index.html

Now we wait for the tankies to roll back in to explain how technologically superior Rusian victory is inevitable.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-11, 10:35   Link #1027
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Man, it's going to be hilarious to see how all those Putin bots in social networks and youtube will cope.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-11, 11:02   Link #1028
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Aren’t bots were just bits of code for automated retweet farming? Those will probably just stop with that and causing junk to trend.
Old 2022-11-11, 15:17   Link #1029
ramlaen

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/st...29203485356034
Quote:
Russian TV host Andrei Norkin's realisation that his country lacks freedom of speech:

If I back the decision to withdraw from Kherson, I'm going to jail for questioning Russia's territorial integrity

And if I oppose it, I'm going to jail for discrediting the armed forces
hue
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-11, 18:26   Link #1030
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Man, it's going to be hilarious to see how all those Putin bots in social networks and youtube will cope.
IMO it just sad, at least the one I sometimes watch on youtube simply hasn't change its tune:

0) Lots of babbling about non-Ukraine stuff, china, biden, etc.
1) Retreating from Jerson was the right choice (then I would add, why not retreat from Ukraine altogether?)
2) The Ukrainians do not know how to consolidate their gains (I always think said person wishes he could convince them to fail for the rushed booby traps the russian army does when they retreat).

When the other oblasts fall it will be more of the same tune, they are not good at ad-libing three day special operations into a several months long war.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-11, 19:01   Link #1031
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
2) The Ukrainians do not know how to consolidate their gains (I always think said person wishes he could convince them to fail for the rushed booby traps the russian army does when they retreat).
Trying to argue than the Ukranian did advance too far for their logistic support could be a better point, maybe someone should suggest it to them
Old 2022-11-13, 00:26   Link #1032
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Oh well, I expected a Blitzkrieg but it is the usual slow but steady pace of Ukranian advancement. But by the looks of it, the russian army (don't know about putin & his chef) seem to think the best case scenario is to keep Crimea & Donetsk.

On a related note, now that the world is distracted, imagine for a second that the iran clerical goverment falls, a secular goverment replaces it, renounce any war against israel and starts pumping oil to lower the price to half or lower, do you know what country will now start to look like the bad guy in the gulf region?

Also, I can't see how erdogan is going to be reelected next year, erdonomics are putting turkey's economy in as bad shape as russia, but without any external sanctions. Either he looses or cheats in the elections and becomes an autocrat just like putin.
Old 2022-11-13, 00:43   Link #1033
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Seeing a new conspiracy among pro-Russian folks (sadly my buddy in high school agrees with this...) that the rest of the world will "take care" of Zelensky like what happened to Saddam.

Old 2022-11-13, 01:04   Link #1034
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Seeing a new conspiracy among pro-Russian folks (sadly my buddy in high school agrees with this...) that the rest of the world will "take care" of Zelensky like what happened to Saddam.
This only makes sense on the lines that putin (or the ultra-nationalist that takes his seat later on) waits until Zelenski ends his political career and then sends his goons to assasinate him with the intent of spreading falsehoods about how "the west turned on him, just like they did with saddam!". But I would not be surprised if whoever gives the assasination order ends precisely like saddam, let's not forget that he was hanged by bush jr. precisely because he plotted to assasinate bush senior, if this war has proved anything, is that russia's borders are highly porous and cigarrettes are highly dangerous inside said borders.

tl;dr the west gets nothing in killing zelensky, heck, the west would get $omething out of killing maduro in venezuela but they haven't in all this years.
Old 2022-11-13, 05:09   Link #1035
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
On a related note, now that the world is distracted, imagine for a second that the iran clerical goverment falls, a secular goverment replaces it, renounce any war against israel and starts pumping oil to lower the price to half or lower, do you know what country will now start to look like the bad guy in the gulf region?
Yes, and think of the positive effects on global warming of hell freezing over.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-14, 12:19   Link #1036
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/11/13/7376199/

Ukrainian Pravda is quoting a few officials who said that press accreditation for CNN/Sky reporters were taken back because they were in areas where Ukrainian military officials told them no to go to.

Old 2022-11-15, 08:56   Link #1037
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/11/13/7376199/

Ukrainian Pravda is quoting a few officials who said that press accreditation for CNN/Sky reporters were taken back because they were in areas where Ukrainian military officials told them no to go to.
I suppose they are nervous that news about the further liberation in Kherson oblast might leak, note that said cat is not still in the bag.

The more I look at it, the more it seems that those russians in top command positions are not trying to win this war, but simply trying to convince putin they are the right men to finish the deed after he is gone. That is the subtext I get of the execution by sledgehammer of the wagner group supposed traitor, imo that was staged since I pretty much doubt they can and even if they could they would not risk abducting a no one from Kiev to announce said operation to the world. This is a bluff with the added bonus that it makes putin's chef look tough and they wish this will reduce desertions in the military. IMO russians now will be even more desperate to get out of the army or prevent from being draft.

I came to the former conclusion because they are changing next year the education system so high school kids learn how to use army weapons, this declares they know they have already lost, but expect to win "the next war".
Old 2022-11-15, 15:28   Link #1038
ramlaen

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ts-2022-11-15/

If the missile that killed two in Poland originated from Russian forces it is a pretty cut and dry case if Poland chooses to invoke Article 4 or 5.

Last edited by ramlaen; 2022-11-15 at 17:50.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-15, 17:32   Link #1039
Key Board
Carbon

If they want Belarus to be more involved in this war, it sure is a roundabout way to do it

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-15, 20:00   Link #1040
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ts-2022-11-15/

If the missile that killed two in Poland originated from Russian forces it is a pretty cut and dry case if Poland chooses to invoke Article 4 or 5.
You want to know what would be truly hummilating for putin? That Poland do not asks for NATO help and does as reagan did with Kadafi and bomb the airbase from where the bombing was carried in Belarus. That would send a clear message "Do not mess with us unless you want to get your ass kicked".