AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Delta - Episode 1 (Preview Airing) Rating
Perfect 10 12 21.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 16.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 27.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.91%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-01-11, 22:37   Link #281
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

This reminds me of power ranger for some reason...
Old 2016-01-12, 02:29   Link #282
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

https://gubabablog.wordpress.com/201...ghts-on-delta/
Old 2016-01-12, 12:58   Link #283
raile
<3
*Author

I just hope the characterisation in the series will not be spread too thin with all those characters.
Old 2016-01-12, 13:06   Link #284
magnuskn

That is a very valid concern. Seems that there are too many characters overall, some of those will probably be more in the background.
Old 2016-01-14, 06:51   Link #285
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
You're ALIVE, gubaba!!!

Old 2016-01-18, 13:08   Link #286
magnuskn

Well, just saw the preview again. I like it much better than the first time. Freya is a good character so far, Hayate also has some interesting traits (hopefully he won't be a whiner).

The other characters haven't really gotten much characterization as of yet. I think my main concerns are that there are too many characters out there and most of them won't be proper characters and that the music overall might not be as great as Frontier.

Secondary concern is that Kawamori might go totally off the rails somewhere in the series, which has been somewhat of a theme in his last series. ^^
Old 2016-01-19, 16:26   Link #287
ReddyRedWolf

Since this series is supposed to touch upon the Protoculture I'm expecting planets with ruins to be in it.
Old 2016-01-24, 09:55   Link #288
Gravitas Free Zone

This observation is (1) really late (2) quite obvious (3) probably confirmed by production comments:

The Var Syndrome trigger song's choral tones resemble the Bird Human Kills Everything song from Zero.

That would relate to (3) if that comment from many pages ago is true and this season will touch on Protoculture artifacts from back in the day.
Old 2016-01-28, 10:06   Link #289
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Went back and rewatched it again, the last song (ikenai borderline) was pretty alright. While i'm not big into girl groups or disco beat, i do find myself pretty into the song overall with it's somewhat early 90s disco style.

Vocal wise, i'm still waiting to be impressed since the last series had some pretty amazing vocal depth from May'n singing as Sheryl Nome (and the insanely talented Yoko Kanno composing) but Mikumo's vocal seem pretty promising if given the chance to show off.

Freyja puts up a good debut as a character with her rather interesting dialect (Kyoto accent?) and energetic and optimistic nature. With 5 singers though, i wonder if everyone is going to have a chance to be on the limelight song-wise or it might be limited to Freyja and Mikumo which seems to be the key singer in ep 1.
Old 2016-02-12, 17:00   Link #290
Velsy

I wouldnt say I am a big Macross fan. I've basically seen SDF, Frontier, Plus and Zero. Zero being my favorite Macross.

But after watching this. I was just stunned. Mahou Shoujos ? fighting battles, is this really what macross is now. I thought macross was mechs and aircrafts fighting different aerial and land battles. Music has been apart of the series, but never replacing the frontline pilots. The absurdity of having them sing and dance in the middle of a battlezone like it's a play had me stunned. It looked like a concert but it wasnt. or was it, I dont know. But buildings were getting destoryed, everyone was panicking.

The absurdity of having the Idols become the frontline fighters and pilots being the support, pretty much blew my mind. That I cant even remember the smaller details to the fight. it just went all above me. So reading some posts here, they mention they can really tank missiles now? for real ? Their magical girl suits protect them from even that huh. Dont need an armored Mech to do that anymore.

Well honestly, if this was a mahou shoujo series, it'd get that. Wouldnt bat an eye. But isnt this macross ? defuq has happened. Music has been a part of many series of macross, but in the same kinda form of how Bards work in RPGs. Pilots handle the brutal fighting and the music reaches them. But now dancing idols is the fighting and the pilots support ? I am very confuzzled.

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2016-02-12 at 17:10.
Old 2016-02-12, 18:27   Link #291
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

They can tank missiles courtesy of portable shield generators from the fighters, not magic. Even though super dimension space is more than capable of rendering some technology to appear magical. Anyway, its a tradition in Macross to have a full blown concert in midst of a giant battle. So yes, the idols/singers in Macross had been bards to an extent since 1982. To that end, Delta is nothing new. Its a different spin on a time-honored tradition.

Since you have not watched Macross 7, consider yourself lucky, because you got off lightly with Delta, real lightly.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2016-02-12 at 18:54.
Old 2016-02-13, 02:11   Link #292
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I wouldnt say I am a big Macross fan. I've basically seen SDF, Frontier, Plus and Zero. Zero being my favorite Macross.
Watch Macross 7 or if you want a two hour summary of it Macross FB7 which has the Frontier crew during the middle of the series side story.

Quote:
So reading some posts here, they mention they can really tank missiles now? for real ? Their magical girl suits protect them from even that huh. Dont need an armored Mech to do that anymore.
Pay attention they are using Multidrones which have Pin-point barrier technology.
Quote:

Well honestly, if this was a mahou shoujo series, it'd get that. Wouldnt bat an eye. But isnt this macross ? defuq has happened. Music has been a part of many series of macross, but in the same kinda form of how Bards work in RPGs. Pilots handle the brutal fighting and the music reaches them. But now dancing idols is the fighting and the pilots support ? I am very confuzzled.
They are using holograms which have been around since SDFM and DYRL. Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Again watch Macross 7. Technology and terminology used in Macross 7 was used in Macros Frontier which in turn from Macross Frontier used technology such as holographic suit and personal rockets in Macros Delta.

In Macross 7 the threat that ultimately destroyed the Protoculture was fought with a Rock Band.

Funny that Exsedol thought Humans have super powers but in turns out a few of them do.

Basara, Sara and Mao, Sheryl and Ranka, now the Walkure has Space Time Resonance Ability. The ability to emit powerful Fold Waves on their own that it affects those around them that it reverberates light years away.
Old 2016-02-13, 10:21   Link #293
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Since you have not watched Macross 7, consider yourself lucky, because you got off lightly with Delta, real lightly.
No way Jose.

Macross 7 has a band (not idols) who are fighting and piloting their own respective Valkyries. Again, they still pilot their valkyries (with speakers) to fight their enemies. They donít fight on foot and undergo mahou-shoujo transformations, they donít wear magical-girl costumes, they donít strike poses and dancing around (with the valkyries) in front of their enemies, and the most important thing of it all, Macross 7 does not treat battless like a grand idol concert. As far as silliness go, Delta already beat 7 with only one episode, and I bet that's Kawamori's intention.
Old 2016-02-13, 12:17   Link #294
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

The moment Basara hopped into the 19 and flying it with a guitar, he nailed the crazy that is Macroas 7. Delta is not even remotely close to that insanity, yet.

But we will find out.

Speaking of idols who exposed themselves, don't forget Ranka and her KIRA!!(tm).

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-02-13, 12:22   Link #295
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
No way Jose.

Macross 7 has a band (not idols) who are fighting and piloting their own respective Valkyries. Again, they still pilot their valkyries (with speakers) to fight their enemies. They don’t fight on foot and undergo mahou-shoujo transformations, they don’t wear magical-girl costumes, they don’t strike poses and dancing around (with the valkyries) in front of their enemies, and the most important thing of it all, Macross 7 does not treat battless like a grand idol concert. As far as silliness go, Delta already beat 7 with only one episode, and I bet that's Kawamori's intention.
Please. Basara's cheesier than any idol, magical costumes or not. I mean we're talking about the guy who sings to space whales.

There's nothing sillier than Basara.
Old 2016-02-13, 12:24   Link #296
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
There's nothing sillier than Basara.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-02-13, 13:02   Link #297
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The moment Basara hopped into the 19 and flying it with a guitar, he nailed the crazy that is Macroas 7. Delta is not even remotely close to that insanity, yet.
Again, not as crazy as what I've seen in Delta.

Quote:
I mean we're talking about the guy who sings to space whales.
And in Delta we have idols on foot, transforms, sing and dance in front of enemy. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer Basara singing his lungs out in his blood-covered valkyrie to the majestic dimensional-traveller space-whales than idols treating battlefield like a concert.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-02-13, 16:02   Link #298
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Again, not as crazy as what I've seen in Delta.
These idols fight but they don't get in the cockpit and that alone makes them less crazy imo. And they don't eat leaves.
Old 2016-02-13, 18:37   Link #299
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
These idols fight but they don't get in the cockpit and that alone makes them less crazy imo.
Then agree to disagree.

Quote:
And they don't eat leaves.
People talk as if Basara eats leaves thrice a day like a meal when the fact is that it's just one eccentric stunt that he did to express "Fuck this shit, I'll do it!". Again, just once, while god knows how many times these idols have been singing and dancing in front of their enemies.
Old 2016-02-13, 22:08   Link #300
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
These idols fight but they don't get in the cockpit and that alone makes them less crazy imo. And they don't eat leaves.
Eh... I think I'll have to agree with Obelisk in this one, the fact that Basara gets in the cockpit is precisely why I think that's less crazy than anything the Walkure does, at the end of the day Basara is piloting his mecha, in a unconventional way but all those maneuvers are done by him, yes, he sings to his enemies but when you are facing an enemy that can shoot energy beams and missiles at you I think doing it inside a mecha is really less crazy than just wearing a holographic costume.

Besides Basara wasn't the first person to pilot a ship/mecha with a guitar