AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-28, 11:19   Link #1
gokigenyou

Fan sub on eBay

I just saw this on eBay...

<url of bootleg removed>

I guess someone make fan sub into DVD video disc.

Can anyone tell which fan sub version was used?

*sigh* There is always someone out there who try to make money off of someone else's work.... but from free fan sub??? *sigh*

-gokigenyou

Last edited by xris; 2004-04-28 at 11:32.
Old 2004-04-28, 11:36   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Sorry to remove the URL of the item in question but we do have a rule that no links to bootleg material are posted in the forums.

I suggest that if possible you post negative feedback on the seller in question (not sure how easy that is, you may only be able to do so if you have actually purchased something from them), or contact ebay and inform them that it's an illegal bootleg being offered for sale.
Old 2004-04-28, 11:43   Link #3
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Sorry to remove the URL of the item in question but we do have a rule that no links to bootleg material are posted in the forums.

I suggest that if possible you post negative feedback on the seller in question (not sure how easy that is, you may only be able to do so if you have actually purchased something from them), or contact ebay and inform them that it's an illegal bootleg being offered for sale.
You might want to do that...

From looking at the list of other things they're selling, all of which are bootlegs and burned fansubs. In fact, after browsing his list and discovering several releases and series done by Aikousha listed, I will be contacting eBay. Although I don't approve of the link, I think it should have been left up so other fansubbers could check and take up grievences against the party in question. Especially Live-Evil... They're selling a small number of their releases.

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2004-04-28 at 12:00.
Old 2004-04-28, 11:51   Link #4
gokigenyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris

I apologize for originally putting link to ebay auction. I did not want to positively promote selling of fan sub. Rather, I wish for people to be aware of someone trying to profit from fan sub, which I do not approve.

I encourage everyone to contact eBay and auctioners so that auctions of fan subs maybe stop happening in future.

My opinion,
-gokigenyou
Old 2004-04-28, 12:10   Link #5
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokigenyou
I apologize for originally putting link to ebay auction. I did not want to positively promote selling of fan sub. Rather, I wish for people to be aware of someone trying to profit from fan sub, which I do not approve.

I encourage everyone to contact eBay and auctioners so that auctions of fan subs maybe stop happening in future.

My opinion,
-gokigenyou
No need to apologize, I was undecided if I should remove the link or not but in the end I prefer not to leave such links visible on the forums. As Mr_Paper said, maybe I should have left it....

I understand the reasons you made the post wasn't to promote selling of fansubs in any way, but to warn others that such blatant rip-offs were being made available on eBay.

I also certainly encourage people to contact eBay and state their grievance. If need be they could always PM yourself or Mr_Paper as to who the seller was
Old 2004-05-20, 13:29   Link #6
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
Hmmm maybe a tad late to reply, but the best thing to do is send an email to the Ebay staff. this seller is dealing in "stolen" "frauding" goods, which is a crime

If you just want to be nice just join ebay under a false ID and make sure you win that auction.... then immediatly leave negative feedback, the seller might give you negative feedback but since it's a false ID you shouldn't mind at all
Closed Thread