Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-17, 23:32   Link #241
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Didn't really like the arrow bit myself. The writing for volume 1 still remains pretty solid and consistent except for that bit, which I have reservations for. It sticks out like a sore thumb. I'd like to think his editor/publisher forced him to put in a "cool" scene for Tigre (I'm looking at you, MF Bunko...) hence why we got that scene, because it really doesn't fit anywhere and is completely inconsistent with the rest of the author's writing. Either that or he suffers chuunibyou on occasion.

Too much fanservice actually deviates from the good writing and events that unfold. Also, most of those fanservice moments are in character and have pretty good scenes and circumstances involving them, not just thrown in. Personally, the amount of fanservice involved is just about right. I don't want it taking over the flow and pacing of the story just for some cheap boobs and asses or whatever.
Kah, you're right, i was just overobsessed with fanservice. Currently i stumbled on Volume 3, but i was wondering why volume 1 and 2 ended in cliffhanger.

@Erhjegel. In your opinion, in what volume will the first arc end?
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 23:34   Link #242
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
Kah, you're right, i was just overobsessed with fanservice. Currently i stumbled on Volume 3, but i was wondering why volume 1 and 2 ended in cliffhanger.

@Erhjegel. In your opinion, in what volume will the first arc end?
The first arc regarding Brune's inner turmoil ends in Volume 5, and sets up the teaser and hook for the second arc beginning in Volume 6 onwards. As to what it will involve, no idea.

Yes. YES. YESSSSSSSSSSS! Lyudmila, your big damn heroes moment was definitely perfect! A bit later and Tigre and his ten archers would have definitely been overwhelmed!

*still fist pumping and excited over Lyudmila's arrival*

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-18 at 00:58.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 08:33   Link #243
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Well, there are people with incredibly inhuman reflex who can slice a non-lethal bullet in half without seeing, catching arrow might be possible if they know beforehand where the arrow will land, at the price of their hand...

Arrow from a bow can't match arrow from crossbow in term of destructive force or speed, same as how it's impossible to compare them to a gun, or a rifle.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 08:49   Link #244
Reek of Blood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well, there are people with incredibly inhuman reflex who can slice a non-lethal bullet in half without seeing, catching arrow might be possible if they know beforehand where the arrow will land, at the price of their hand...

Arrow from a bow can't match arrow from crossbow in term of destructive force or speed, same as how it's impossible to compare them to a gun, or a rifle.
You have the point there, but this is merely fiction work. Anything could happen as long as the author wants it.

Well, arrow from a bow indeed stronger and faster than crossbow, but have less accuracy, not to mention that crossbow capable of firing several arrows at once.
Old 2012-09-18, 09:15   Link #245
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Okay. From what I've read so far of Alexandra, I definitely want to see her meet Tigre just to see how she'd take to him. As well as see how Elen would react once her Vanadis best friend starts getting all chummy with her property, heh. Probably not going to be pretty, judging by how she reacts to Mila or Sophia's displays of affection towards Tigre.
Old 2012-09-18, 09:24   Link #246
Reek of Blood
Banned

Quote:
Okay. From what I've read so far of Alexandra, I definitely want to see her meet Tigre just to see how she'd take to him. As well as see how Elen would react once her Vanadis best friend starts getting all chummy with her property, heh. Probably not going to be pretty, judging by how she reacts to Mila or Sophia's displays of affection towards Tigre.
Such a lucky guy. Tigre is slowly building his harems where all of them are princesses. At least i wanna see Alexandre in action, especially her dual blade fighting (I became obsessed with dual wielding after watching episode 9 of SAO)
Old 2012-09-18, 11:43   Link #247
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
The first arc regarding Brune's inner turmoil ends in Volume 5, and sets up the teaser and hook for the second arc beginning in Volume 6 onwards. As to what it will involve, no idea.

Yes. YES. YESSSSSSSSSSS! Lyudmila, your big damn heroes moment was definitely perfect! A bit later and Tigre and his ten archers would have definitely been overwhelmed!

*still fist pumping and excited over Lyudmila's arrival*
TELL MEHHH.. PUH-LEEZE...!!!! Oh god, I'm dying here.. I think this series is my biggest "I WANT" right now.. And Mahouka comes in a close second.. I just wish I wasn't so terribad at learning languages..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 13:50   Link #248
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
TELL MEHHH.. PUH-LEEZE...!!!! Oh god, I'm dying here.. I think this series is my biggest "I WANT" right now.. And Mahouka comes in a close second.. I just wish I wasn't so terribad at learning languages..
Same here. I was reading the summaries of the first two volumes, and those made me want to read even more, I even thought of start learning japanese to read this.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 18:21   Link #249
Reek of Blood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
Same here. I was reading the summaries of the first two volumes, and those made me want to read even more, I even thought of start learning japanese to read this.
Keep it up, dude! I'm supporting you wholeheartedly.

Just finish reading Vol 4, and i cannot stop my laughter because:
Spoiler:

I also got slightly annoyed by:
Spoiler:

My favorite part is:
Spoiler:

Anyway, could someone explain to me about:
Spoiler:

Just one more volume*read faster*read faster*
Old 2012-09-18, 22:20   Link #250
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Spoiler for Daybreak Evacuation:

I love reading things with accompanying music to fit the mood.

Not only did I love Lyudmila's appearance, but I also love how she plays with him later on (like a cat playing with a cornered mice) during their negotiation. Hahaha. She's definitely got some plans for some husband weaning...

Plus I am definitely laughing my ass off right now as to how the Viralts treat Tigre. Elen's Viralt, much like her master, is friendly and on good terms with Tigre. Lyudmila's Viralt, on the other hand, is jealous of Tigre because of her interest in him. Hahahaha.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-18 at 23:26.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 13:10   Link #251
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Plus I am definitely laughing my ass off right now as to how the Viralts treat Tigre. Elen's Viralt, much like her master, is friendly and on good terms with Tigre. Lyudmila's Viralt, on the other hand, is jealous of Tigre because of her interest in him. Hahahaha.
howcome that "thing" can jealous..??
is it became frosty whenever it jealous.?
Old 2012-09-19, 15:13   Link #252
Belgaesh

Here are the illustrations from volume 01 to 05.

Spoiler for Volume 01:

Spoiler for Volume 02:

Spoiler for Volume 03:

Spoiler for Volume 04:

Spoiler for Volume 05:

If you disagre with any of my descriptions of the pictures, feel free to comment.

P.S: Notice that the illustrations of volume 05 with the exception of the cover are done by another artist, YANAI Nobuhiko, wich is the illustrator of the manga. The usual illustrator is Yoshi*o.

Last edited by Belgaesh; 2012-09-19 at 21:49.
Old 2012-09-19, 15:17   Link #253
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ You should probably add that to the project on Baka-Tsuki. I believe this forum has a "no pictures from raws" policy
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 17:36   Link #254
EvI

why the illustrations of volume 5 are different from the rest?
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 17:40   Link #255
blackwhite67
Banned

@EvI read the PS at the end of the post
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 18:00   Link #256
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
why the illustrations of volume 5 are different from the rest?
The original illustrator for the lightnovel became ill. Thats why the manga illustrator for the Madan no Ou to Vanadis replaced him.
Old 2012-09-19, 20:06   Link #257
eraldcoil

I will not make any complain for illustration vol 5. That's done by different person.
I'm sorry out of topic, but i really want to ask this.
Illustration for novel and drawing of manga is far too different, is there any requirement for an illustration for novel?
eraldcoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 21:26   Link #258
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
howcome that "thing" can jealous..??
is it became frosty whenever it jealous.?
Yes. Her spear exudes this hostile coldness at Tigre, compared to Elen's long sword, which sends out winds that caress Tigre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
Here are the illustrations from volume 01 to 05.

*tons of pictures*

If you disagre with any of my descriptions of the pictures, feel free to comment.

P.S: Notice that the illustrations of volume 05 with the exception of the cover are done by another artist, YANAI Nobuhiko, wich is the illustrator of the manga. The usual illustrator is Yoshi*o.
Mmm, just a minor tidbit.
Vanadis = the princesses
Viralt = the weapons
Veda = the special skills of the Viralts
Old 2012-09-19, 21:48   Link #259
Belgaesh

Quote:
Mmm, just a minor tidbit.
Vanadis = the princesses
Viralt = the weapons
Veda = the special skills of the Viralts
Thanks for the tidbit. I'm gonna edit some of my descriptions of the pictures I posted as it doesn't match the info you've given.
Old 2012-09-19, 21:58   Link #260
Ddraig

Wasnt volume 5 picture during night visit
Spoiler for spoiler:
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)