Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Send a message via MSN to Kochiya
祭-Festival
礼-Ritual, of ritualistic nature
Kochiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 18:03   Link #4684
FritzC

Ah, I really wish there were full translations out for these. Summaries just aren't the same thing...I refuse to spoil a good story with a patchwork of bits and pieces.

I feel like I'm missing out on a lot :/
FritzC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 09:07   Link #4685
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochiya View Post
Samuel imao is the only one, sides from Shana, to have an interesing backstory. One bad thing abiut the Shana community is that people tend to overlook these details. Look at all the imbecilic comments on Shana final vids. (Brigid is prolly a loli.)

Surprisingly, Cherny is not tsun for Molech; she loves Molech but knew that Molech is an idiot who will never know, hence all her harsh comments towards him. Also her reason for loving him is somthing like Molech being what she can never be Or something like that, according to the novel guidebook. /imbanolifeanalysis
That's because most people think it's simply a pure slugfest centered on Shana x Yuji and it being totally white and black with Flame Hazes being the white....

Cherny's face when she saw Molech die was just.....painful...

And ep 12 reminds me....that it's too bad Sabrac didn't at least take someone down with him....

It's like Mare died unavenged...really sad...

SnH's plan to fulfil the dreams of Tomogaras was achieved but for countless many, it was too late....

And unlike the Trinity, I think they just cease to exist instead of going to his side when they die....

If you ask me, the cycle of tragedy is the main point to the Shana story...
Old 2011-12-28, 22:46   Link #4686
edgelesspigeon

Hey, does anyone whose read the light novels or seen the episode I mentioned have answer the question I asked earlier? I'd appreciate the insight. Thanks for the reply, by the way, Blutsauger.
edgelesspigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 07:15   Link #4687
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That's because most people think it's simply a pure slugfest centered on Shana x Yuji and it being totally white and black with Flame Hazes being the white....

Cherny's face when she saw Molech die was just.....painful...

And ep 12 reminds me....that it's too bad Sabrac didn't at least take someone down with him....

It's like Mare died unavenged...really sad...

SnH's plan to fulfil the dreams of Tomogaras was achieved but for countless many, it was too late....

And unlike the Trinity, I think they just cease to exist instead of going to his side when they die....

If you ask me, the cycle of tragedy is the main point to the Shana story...
BAH. Cycle of tragedy. You see the Crimson Denizens killed left and right like nothing, tragedy indeed.

I hated the way Sabrac dies. Feels...incomplete? I mean, falling while dying towards the Snake? MEH. Mare's sideplot has great potential, much like Leanan-Sidhe's, and you read my mind. I hated how he took NO ONE down.

(Someone complained to me that they hated SnS now because there is no Shana, and too many new characters was introduced. *facepalm* If they read the novels, the dialogue/thinking alone will take up like 10+ episodes alone, much less the action in the anime.)

I hated how Cherny went totally ballistic towards the end, with this calm resignation/determination. Seeing as she is usually extremely calm. (and snarky of course.)
Old 2011-12-29, 08:08   Link #4688
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I can understand why Cherny went nuts there....most would have and she really isn't a stone cold machine....

Yes...Sabrac could have accepted Bel Peol's rescue. He could have lived to fight and maybe see Xanadu. He's one of the strongest combat-oriented characters in the setting period and he just gives up like that on seeing SnH?

If he understands now how Mare felt when she was with him and the reasons for her actions then dying like that is like a slap to her face....

At least if he brought down Khamsin or Rebecca it wouldn't be so bad....

If vol 10 and all the new characters (meaning everything from vol 17 onwards) were ripped out, the story would be wrecked beyond recognition....It's not the kind of plot that can just remain focused on two main characters alone...

Side story wise, I would have enjoyed one between Yu Xuan and Xiang Xin....even though her appearance was so short, she struck me as one of the rare few Flame Hazes that were truly human. And the only Flame Haze pair besides Chiara and Sale whom I do not hate to the core....(Samuel doesn't count because he's not a pair...unless you want to include Zirnitra....)

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-12-29 at 08:18.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 09:01   Link #4689
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

(Who doesn't like Samuel XD)

IMAO one of the better pairs potrayed, in terms of details, is definitely Frieder and Brigit.

It would be better if:
1. Season 2 didn't rape everything by including a useless filler and instead did DANTALION'S ARC ASDFGHJKL
2. We have The previous Wars arcs included (Much like flashback feature episodes in certain shows)
3. Season 3 was a full-length, non-seasonal anime.

(In fact, before vol.17, there are already plenty of characters, and even more so, PLOT ELEMENTS, but heck they have a knack of changing novels in their adaptations)
Old 2011-12-29, 09:08   Link #4690
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Eternal Song should be made into a movie if you ask me.

S3 was unfortunately always destinied to be seasonal...

Frieder and Bridgit...yet Ribesal and Pirsoyn still trump them in that department...
Old 2011-12-29, 10:08   Link #4691
Senshigeia

I would love to see Eternal Song animated. And I pity not being able to read Japanese because I so want to read the novels... Season2 was awful comparing with Season3 and even 1...

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 21:20   Link #4692
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

For S2, Sabrac's mini arc was done rather nicely,no?

Eternal song, in terms of quality for a manga, is just...impossible to describe. So detailed T.T Yeah, should be made into a movie. Not that most Shana fans will care, they will be like, "where's my Shana?"
Old 2011-12-29, 23:49   Link #4693
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Eternal Song is great for a manga because it's the entire vol 10 made into it. And then more. The parts with Gogmagog and Sokar were not in V10

It's like the WWIII arc in Index....

Which reminds me GOGMAGOG-CHAN.....NOOOOOO COME BACK!!!! T__T
Old 2011-12-30, 00:58   Link #4694
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Gogmagog! Her true entity, sadly, isn't just that bloody cute goth loli.
Old 2011-12-30, 06:10   Link #4695
Senshigeia

Quote:
For S2, Sabrac's mini arc was done rather nicely,no?

Eternal song, in terms of quality for a manga, is just...impossible to describe. So detailed T.T Yeah, should be made into a movie. Not that most Shana fans will care, they will be like, "where's my Shana?"
Yes, the last 10 episodes, more or less were worth it. When I say S2 was crap, I mean the first 10 episodes.

Well I love Shana and I love her/Alastor's past, even with the previous Enpatsu Shakugan no Uchite. It makes me feel all cozy inside linking both stories. I like Shana and Yuji's love story but I believe there's more to SnS than that.

Quote:
Eternal Song is great for a manga because it's the entire vol 10 made into it. And then more. The parts with Gogmagog and Sokar were not in V10

It's like the WWIII arc in Index....
I'm not quite sure what that means but I think I got it... I am re-watching Index I and soon I am going to watch Index II, so I think when I get there I will understand.

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 07:31   Link #4696
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Gogmagog! Her true entity, sadly, isn't just that bloody cute goth loli.
So what if she's a doll? SHE'S STILL CUTE!!!

I mean everyone loves Suigintou and she's a doll!!
Old 2011-12-30, 11:36   Link #4697
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
So what if she's a doll? SHE'S STILL CUTE!!!

I mean everyone loves Suigintou and she's a doll!!
Right...BOT guys. Cosmic, do I continue with chapter 2?
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 11:58   Link #4698
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Right...BOT guys. Cosmic, do I continue with chapter 2?
Once I finish this chap of Horizon 4C I'll resume with it...you can do 3 and the rest if you want....

I've actually done a bit yesterday if you check the edit history. Should resume it full scale by next fri since I have to book in after the New Year...

And what...we are on topic....Eternal Song is still part of vol 10....we are talking about the LN in the LN thread.

There's more to this place then posting translation updates ya know.

Hell there's more to Shana then just translations Yeah (this bit not aimed at you Teh Ping)

本当は、訳述に気持ちまたちょっと悪い。。。

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-12-30 at 12:09.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 01:17   Link #4699
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

\(O_o)/
関してシャナ, ほとんどの人々によって無視されますそのほとんど。T.T
訳述は困難, 私は理解。。。。。

Vol. 10 is an integral part to Shana imao. Hell, even more important than Shana's backstory, if you ask me.

Last edited by Kochiya; 2011-12-31 at 01:32.
Old 2011-12-31, 08:07   Link #4700
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Only one more important is the first war against SnH....I'd actually like to see a full volume for that...

With Asiz and Tis as main characters

そうだね。。。。でもキアラちゃんが僕の刺激。これは100%”極光の射手”の為に。

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen