AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 43 28.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 25.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 19.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 14.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 7.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.65%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.96%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-23, 23:57   Link #221
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Yuki gained many levels in cuteness. I don't really think it is a good thing. Yuki from Eipsode00 seemed more creepier whith here wicth cosplay then she is now. I have no problem with her being pretier in other shots, however She had some ugly shots on season1.
. . . I should hit you for this...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-24, 00:04   Link #222
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
btw, is it just me, or does everyone else feel that Taniguchi deserves more than just the "main character's best friend(s)" role?

禁則事項です
Old 2009-08-24, 00:05   Link #223
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

If it weren't for Tsuruya taking the role, he'd be the ensemble darkhorse.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-24, 01:15   Link #224
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
btw, is it just me, or does everyone else feel that Taniguchi deserves more than just the "main character's best friend(s)" role?
Taniguchi's already the wawawa guy though

But yes, more Taniguchi and Tsuruya would be more than welcomed

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2009-08-24, 01:21   Link #225
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
we are watching the prequel to the movie.......are we???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It's closer to a Making Of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Truthfully, we probably should've seen this first... can't be helped, I guess.
Quote:
Seeing the movie first is funnier, however.
well this should be interesting......
Old 2009-08-24, 05:40   Link #226
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
People just don't understand him like I do. He and I are best friends.

...what's with the weird looks?
Not "best friend" but i like Itsuki as well, pretty much my 2nd favourite character in SOS Brigade (exclude the ordinary narrator Kyon xD)....

The actual order would be: Haruhi>>> Itsuki> Mikuru> Yuki
( sorry Yuki's fan, didn't read the novel so she did't get any points yet except the fighting scree in Ep 5 D: )
Old 2009-08-24, 05:42   Link #227
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... My only problem is that you have Mikuru above her...
Old 2009-08-24, 05:45   Link #228
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
... My only problem is that you have Mikuru above her...
Why not? She's cute, and then she have her older sister future self so you can see more of her character development. She's also the centre of Kyon+ Haruhi's slice of life events.....

Actually Mikuru was in the bottom of the list until season 2 the rerun aired, when she suddenly become more moe....
Old 2009-08-24, 06:28   Link #229
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Spoiler for Inconsistencies between Ep 00 and this ep:
they screwed up there!!!!
I was watching it and said to myself....thats not right!!!!!
saw the original and confirmed it....
how could they screwed that up!!!!
Old 2009-08-24, 07:08   Link #230
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Why not? She's cute, and then she have her older sister future self so you can see more of her character development. She's also the centre of Kyon+ Haruhi's slice of life events.....
Big Mikuru I like. Hardly consider the small one the center of anything, though, aside from most of Haruhi's ebil skeemz and the parts of Kyon's narration I wish they would skip over.

Quote:
Actually Mikuru was in the bottom of the list until season 2 the rerun aired, when she suddenly become more moe....
Judging from most people's reactions, the same could be said of Nagato.
Old 2009-08-24, 08:14   Link #231
kniteowl

My 2nd watch of Sighs II, with afk subs, I just realized that all of Kyon's thoughts are subtitled with Italics, it makes it so much easier to understand which lines of speech are his thoughts and which are him speaking.

Did they do this with the older 2006 episodes, because I don't remember... maybe because I saw the anime before reading the novels in 2006 so I wasn't too concerned about it.

I just realized the balloons and pebbles in this episode a lot too, are they trying to stretch Sighs out for what left of the season? hm...
Old 2009-08-24, 08:26   Link #232
prnoct90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
they screwed up there!!!!
I was watching it and said to myself....thats not right!!!!!
saw the original and confirmed it....
how could they screwed that up!!!!
OR, Haruhi magically flipped that part of the video in post-production using her special powers.
Old 2009-08-24, 08:28   Link #233
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Judging from most people's reactions, the same could be said of Nagato.
To me, up to this episode of rerun, Yuki's most significant moments would be when she take of her glasses in RBL. But other than that (and maybe the moment when she looks bored at the pool) I hardly can remember any other moments....

Could be because when you have interests on someone, you tend to focus more on her lines and movement......
Old 2009-08-24, 08:46   Link #234
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Also, what was the symbolism in Haruhi's name be geting alway from the rest of the Brigades on the Endless Eight?
I noticed this too. Haruhi's name moved to the left and Kyon's to the right, IIRC (I'm at work). If they continue a pattern for Sighs III, it'll be easier to see.

With this and the Haruhi separation from E8, I wonder what the point of the ED Cast credit manipulations are.
Old 2009-08-24, 08:51   Link #235
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
To me, up to this episode of rerun, Yuki's most significant moments would be when she take of her glasses in RBL. But other than that (and maybe the moment when she looks bored at the pool) I hardly can remember any other moments....

Could be because when you have interests on someone, you tend to focus more on her lines and movement......
No, Yuki is really very different from the old episodes. Old Yuki had many ugly shots, while I have yet to see one from the new Yuki. Old Yuki had some pretty shots too, obviously, specially when is a important scene for her (Sagitarius'sv end, vs Asakura 'I love you' on the Lone Island...), but is adifferent kind of pretty. I would say that, indeed, new Yuki is more moe.

The better way to see that is her with the witch outfist. Ths episode she only see 'creppy' when her eyes are hidden, while the old ones have a more distint feeling.

I don't see anyproblem with a more moe Yuki . However, I really don't think it fit to the witch costume. She was soppose to look creepy here. (and I actually like her old pretty but not moe self too)

Post Postum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I noticed this too. Haruhi's name moved to the left and Kyon's to the right, IIRC (I'm at work). If they continue a pattern for Sighs III, it'll be easier to see.

With this and the Haruhi separation from E8, I wonder what the point of the ED Cast credit manipulations are.
Oh, I am gald someone actually read my post . This time is probably to enphasize Kyon and Haruhi going in different ways. Being no more as in agreement as in Melancholly. This is kinda spoiler-ifc, though.
Old 2009-08-24, 11:56   Link #236
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Dunno, maybe it is the K-ON! influence, maybe I tend to compare with the awesome ep.00, maybe it's reflex from E8, maybe it is in a way E8 since they have animated most these stuff from another POV in ep.00 ... but certainly the most annoying thing is that there will be no Disappearance anytime soon ... great

But certainly the studio must stick to material for SaiMoe and leave Haruhi to someone else. I withhold my opinion on the publishing house, because if I express it blatantly, I will probably get banned
Old 2009-08-24, 12:16   Link #237
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm pretty sure they started changing things long before they produced K-On. You can see the changes in the "real form" points in Haruh-chan before they made K-On, and in some of the promotional art that is even earlier.

People just need to get use to use and not let there personal dislike of K-On interfere with their judgment of Haruhi. I like the changes so far. The only one the seems remotely off is Haruhi herself, and it is scattered offness. Everyone else seems to have improved.
Old 2009-08-24, 12:18   Link #238
OkamiNoKaze

I also noticed the K-On influence mostly disappears when the characters are in profile, and even then at least they still have a bit of a nose.
Old 2009-08-24, 12:22   Link #239
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
I think I might be the only one in the world who doesn't mind that the K-On! influence, because they all look goofy/adorable as hell, and it makes me laugh.

It's a comedy, right? Right?
Old 2009-08-24, 12:23   Link #240
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm kind of mixed.... I really liked the sharpness of the first season art and character design (especially the eyes). And frankly, I liked the art style used on K-On! for K-On! ... it worked with the sort of humor that K-On! had. (I liked K-ON! reasonably well... its only crime was being a bit average).

But it doesn't work as well for this type of show (Haruhi) where drama and tension are as important as any humor. Perhaps if they tuned the art depending on the mood like some shows do (rather like a very mild form of hyperdeformation)?

Mikuru and Yuki seem to benefit somewhat on average from the new style... less so for the guys and Haruhi.