AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2018-05-11, 19:03   Link #1681
OH&S
Partying in the States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I assume it is this report. Taken from page 265-266:

The final report of Dec 2nd 2015 the IAEO concludes that until the end of 2003 Iran had a structured program and coordinated efforts for building a nuclear bomb. From then until 2009 there were only minimal activities. After 2009 the IAEO has not found any credible leads for said activities. Similarly they have not found credible leads for misuse of materials used in the construction of nukes.

The Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz (BfV) records that the illegal Iranian acquisition attempts in Germany in 2015 have been on a high level when compared internationally, especially for goods that could be used in nuclear technology. The BfV also states that in the area of the ambitious Iranian missile technology control (don't nail me on that translation) a growing tendency of their already extensive acquisition attempts.

Against this background it is expected that Iran will continue their intensive activities through conspirative methodology in Germany.

-

Basically they say that Iran did try to use illegal methods to buy materials that may or may not be used for nukes. It doesn't state how successful these attempts were. The IAEO has not found any lead that would indicate that Iran has continued with their efforts.
Thank you for that. The conclusion seems to echo what I've been thinking. NAmely that Iran did try to get some missile tech but there was no statement on whether they were successful. Its strange that they'd try to this after getting this very benefical Nuclear Agreement signed. Its almost as if there are 2 factions within Iran itself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The article suggests that these efforts might have come from revisionist parts of the Iranian regime opposed to the JCPOA.

<snip>
And there you go. The Right in both the US and Iran are taking actions that would bring their countries closer to war. What an absolute shit-show.

For the 1st time in years; watching 6+ anime in 1 season.
AXIS OF AWESOME! Too much awesomeness in a single signature pic!
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-11, 19:18   Link #1682
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Unless the EU is willing to risk/bluff a trade war the US leaving the agreement and re-introducing sanctions is enough to put the agreement on ice since the US is applying the threat of secondary sanctions against all companies trading with Iran. And when having to choose between getting cut-off the US market and Iran trade, nearly all companies in the Western hemisphere will choose the US trade. Economic imperialism at its finest.
You seem to forget that there was a time not so long ago when the EU had not the same economic sanctions the USA placed over iran and it is not something special to create (in name only) new EU companies that buy oil from Iran and sell them goods. Last but not least, even without the Iran deal, the USA is already wagging an economic war with the whole world and the EU is one of the few economics blocks strong enough to not bow at the whims of the USA, remember trade goes both ways.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 02:19   Link #1683
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It'll depend a lot on something that's nothing to do with Iran: Trump's new tariffs, and the EU's exemption.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 10:06   Link #1684
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Unless the EU is willing to risk/bluff a trade war the US leaving the agreement and re-introducing sanctions is enough to put the agreement on ice since the US is applying the threat of secondary sanctions against all companies trading with Iran.
The new American Ambassador to Germany has been meet with wall of criticism from Germans about his ultimatum over the sanctions. Just hours after he met for the first time with German officials, he tweeted:

"As @realDonaldTrump said, US sanctions will target critical sectors of Iran’s economy. German companies doing business in Iran should wind down operations immediately."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nds-his-hosts/

This remark just mimics his master in the White House. This week Trump lashed out at Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen (she who told Senators at her confirmation hearing that she did not know whether Norway was largely populated by white people). The thrust of his remarks suggested Trump was upset that immigrants keep arriving at the southern border even though he has told them to stay away. Later in the week he complained that countries like Saudi Arabia were not following his instruction to increase their military spending. Trump spent all his life ordering around family members and flunkies working for his family business. Apparently he thinks the same approach should work as President of the United States.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2018-05-12 at 10:17.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 17:13   Link #1685
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Trump spent all his life ordering around family members and flunkies working for his family business. Apparently he thinks the same approach should work as President of the United States.
It is not hard to imagine that anyone with the balls to tell the truth to trump will be fired on the spot (I remember reading in the CNN website an article about how trump hated to do that in real life, yeah sure). So the white house has gone from "yes men" in the bush era to cocksuckers in trumpworld
Old 2018-05-12, 17:20   Link #1686
The Green One

I remember when being qualified for the position was needed to have a position in the White House.
Old 2018-05-14, 09:32   Link #1687
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

See: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...the-deep-state

Quote:
Every President expects devotion. Lyndon Johnson wished for an aide who would “kiss my ass in Macy’s window at high noon and tell me it smells like roses. I want his pecker in my pocket.” But Trump has elevated loyalty to the primary consideration. Since he has no fixed ideology, the White House cannot screen for ideas, so it seeks a more personal form of devotion. Kellyanne Conway, one of his most dedicated attendants, refers reverently to the “October 8th coalition,” the campaign stalwarts who remained at Trump’s side while the world listened to a recording of him boasting about grabbing women by the genitals.
Old 2018-05-14, 17:04   Link #1688
Akuma Kousaka
The iDOL(ove Live!)M@STER

Send a message via AIM to Akuma Kousaka
America threatens European companies with sanctions after Iran deal pullout

Well...I should inquire what Trump supporters from the nations involved in the deal specifically, think of this development
GANBARIMASU
Akuma Kousaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-15, 04:10   Link #1689
Key Board
Carbon

he and Fox news literally admitted that his platform is all about display of force and projecting strength
that's what his base voted for.
for America to be feared again

They really didn't like the "weak" image Obama was projecting
Nevermind Obama still droned people, still expanded the war, locked up whistle-blowers, and had the biggest increase of donations to Israel
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-15, 04:52   Link #1690
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

He campaign against China stealing jobs yet he tweets about helping a Chinese company accused of spying in the US to get into Business in the US.
Old 2018-05-15, 12:27   Link #1691
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Nevermind Obama still droned people, still expanded the war, locked up whistle-blowers, and had the biggest increase of donations to Israel
And deported more than three million illegal immigrants. Unlike Trump, though, Obama focused on immigrants with criminal records rather than breaking up families.

https://www.thenation.com/article/wh...rtation-story/

Quote:
President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast. Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 13, 2018
ZTE was sanctioned for its dealings with Iran and the DPRK. Its future was jeopardized because the sanctions would block it from buying American-made parts that are critical to producing its smartphones.

As for why Trump suddenly became concerned about the loss of jobs at ZTE, maybe this helps explain it: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...port-says.html

Can you say "emoluments?" I knew that you could!

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2018-05-15 at 18:00.
Old 2018-05-15, 14:05   Link #1692
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

@SeijiSensei

... and why are all those so called law abiding citizens not clamoring for Trump to stand trial on his openly criminal behavioir? A bunch of hypocrites I say, their train of thought can be summarized as:

1) Law is on our side, if that fails:
2) We are the majority, if that fails:
3) God is on our side, by that of course they mean "our evangelical pastor said so".

At the very least I expected trump to be roasted by his base for saying he did it to save chinese jobs, what happened to "amurrica first"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP-kdR29prQ
Old 2018-05-15, 18:17   Link #1693
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
@SeijiSensei

... and why are all those so called law abiding citizens not clamoring for Trump to stand trial on his openly criminal behavioir? A bunch of hypocrites I say, their train of thought can be summarized as:

1) Law is on our side, if that fails:
2) We are the majority, if that fails:
3) God is on our side, by that of course they mean "our evangelical pastor said so".

At the very least I expected trump to be roasted by his base for saying he did it to save chinese jobs, what happened to "amurrica first"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP-kdR29prQ
this is the problem of "brainwash social midia, for them "amurrica first" will be anthying trump say or do, don't matter even if him point a nuclear missle to USA Itself and the town of majority of his "mindcontrolled peoples" they will still believe in "POTUS" no matter how much shit he can throw at them, same goes to NK and others crazy dictators, know how to use media and social network at your favor and everything will be fine.
Old 2018-05-16, 15:25   Link #1694
Botan_TM

In a meantime Donald, but Mr. Tusk (President of the European Council) this time tweeted this:

Quote:
Looking at latest decisions of @realDonaldTrump someone could even think: with friends like that who needs enemies. But frankly, EU should be grateful. Thanks to him we got rid of all illusions. We realise that if you need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of your arm.
Old 2018-05-16, 21:38   Link #1695
Galaxian

I expect that tomorrow will be a pretty hectic day for Trump's cellphone.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-17, 00:22   Link #1696
Key Board
Carbon

is this about Net Neutrality?
It's a partisan issue
it shouldn't be, but it is
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-17, 10:01   Link #1697
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
In a meantime Donald, but Mr. Tusk (President of the European Council) this time tweeted this:
The EU even revives an old Law from the cuba crisis which never came into play due no atomic war, but now they might use it as law against the US Sanctions forbidden EU enterprises to follow US Sanctions and instead get paid by the EU for the losses. They will only do that with small and medium firms though, the big ones are too deep in the US market to protect.
Old 2018-05-17, 11:31   Link #1698
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
They will only do that with small and medium firms though, the big ones are too deep in the US market to protect.
From the other hand, Iran is trying to switch from dollar to euro, and according to unconfirmed news from Russian agency Sputnik (so I take it with grain of salt), EU said to be eyeing switch to euro in oil trade with Iran.

How is USA going to find out which and what companies are trading with then? Off course it is still possible, but a bit harder then, also I wonder how companies can omit this with third parties or companies created just for selling to Iran.
When Russia put embargo on EU countries, Belarus started exporting to Russia, for example, frutti di mare with "Made in Belarus" label, what angered Russia a bit. Such half-baked embargoes may backfire in longer run, because target country may diversify its trading partner. That happened in Poland, at the beginning EU bought for example apples and then gave them away for free (got a few crates then), later cider production went up (I found out it is great beverage on hot days, Thanks Putin ) and farmers started exporting to other countries.
Old 2018-05-21, 04:54   Link #1699
James Rye

Read an interesting article that compares Trump's policies with what the so-called Clarmonsters (they call themselves like that) from Claremont who follow the thinking of the german Philosopher Leo Strauss who says that every nation should be for itself and fight with others for its survival - basically radical isolationism. It would explain why Trump is working so hard against the FBI, not only because they are hurting his reputation, but because he believes them to be part of some "deep government" which truly controls America and the world itself through globalism. Wouldn't wonder if he even goes so far to dissolve the FBI to get rid of that problem. xD
It would also fit with what he said about Nafta and Nato, that working together makes America weaker and the others stronger so he has to break those bonds to weaken the others and make America "great again" to force the others to do as America says because everyone would fear its might. I worry that this kinda thinking is a bit too simple in our complicated times of today, plus trying to pull a fight with everyone, even trading wars with Europe and Canada&Mexico, just screams trouble.
Old 2018-05-21, 06:30   Link #1700
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

That position (for lack of better word) was already unsound in the ''50'', now in a neo-liberal economy it's simply a joke. Even if he did belive in such stuff, he would exclude himself from it as he and his family rely so much on the rest of the world, for markets for overprized product, cheep labors ad a lot of foreing capital.

That kind of position was sound only when the product of the earth was pretty much all that was producted and didn't have to rely on foreing trade.