AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-08, 00:09   Link #21
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

I actually liked it! This is from someone who hated the Maid War show from a season or two ago... but this treated its gore with a lighter, better humor. Oh, it's crazy for sure, but it was also clever and fun. Animation was actually pretty cool, too.

Could it possibly get overbearing? Maybe, but I kinda doubt it will. Sign me up for some more episodes!
Old 2023-10-13, 13:33   Link #22
Frontier

On the one hand, Fuko has finally found someone who can withstand her Unluck and maybe cure her of her loneliness...on the other hand, he wants to get into her pants for the purpose of killing himself. What's a girl to do? Well, other than telling him he better properly romance her instead of forcing himself on her otherwise he'll never get that (un)lucky because she'll hate him instead of like him enough for it to work .

We finally get the OP! A very colorful and stylized OP featuring Fuko, And, and the various characters they will meet along the way during their journey .

Andy definitely has resources, I guess it just comes with the territory of living for a long time, and he's got Fuko all geared up for their race to outrun the Union who can't let two rogue Negators loose on the world. What a pair of outlaws these two make .

Of course the Union DOES find them and they get accosted by a giant mecha in a suit and Natuski Hanae as a friendly Chinese dude named Shen, and both come with their own Negator abilities that put Andy and Fuko in a bind. But what a hardcore way to get into a fistfight with a robot Andy .

Clever Fuko! Finding them a means of escaping the Union by JOINING the Union, even if it means killing off two members .

I love how Fuko gets all tsundere trying to downplay her feelings for Andy when she's so charmed by him that just a single hand on his torso is enough to bring out a tanker and land them conveniently in a condemned building scheduled to be demolished and filled with dynamite. That's some Wicked Sick Unluck !

Sorry Unavoidable, your power made it so that you could negate anyone's muscle so they couldn't avoid your attack, but you couldn't negate Handy's headshotting finger bullet .

Shen has some kind of power to make someone act opposite to their intentions, which is useful for deflecting in a fight, though despite that Andy is still able to keep up with him which earns Shen's respect. And Fuko tries to grab him because she means well but misses the point that she was more useful when he couldn't see her. But don't get discouraged Fuko !

That's classy of Andy to give Fuko a spot in the Union and being willing to get taken again in the process...but Andy's like the first guy she's really bonded with at all so she's willing to sleep with him then and there if this is her only chance at sex. But such a display is enough to let Shen give them a chance at defeating another Union member in three days, so there's still a chance! And good thing Andy's not the type to take advantage of a desperate girl .

So it's off to Russia by land, sea, and air! Where Andy will hook up with his old war buddies (what war!?) and Fuko will get to taste Russian Vodka! Also, will Andy be able to keep any pants ?

The ED is pretty melancholic yet serene with Andy on the river styx (seemingly) but also in the company of a woman. Someone from his past? Lady Death? Either way, he still wakes up to Fuko in the end .
Old 2023-10-13, 16:33   Link #23
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

That was one slappin' OP. (Figuratively and literally!)

Good episode. The truck coming in at just the right moment was a lot of fun!

Is the lady in black in the ED the woman with the long hair and mask in the OP?!
Old 2023-10-13, 16:40   Link #24
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Would it help if I said it gets really better? Well, still kind of over-the-top .
I see, that's shame. I should probably drop it while it's still good.
Old 2023-10-20, 13:29   Link #25
Frontier

This show has really mastered the atmospheric and stylistic introductions .

Andy and Fuko are taking the scenic route to Russia via yacht! Too bad Fuko's freaking out too much about the Union hunting them to enjoy the trip. But when you've got a guy who will literally fire his hand with a grenade at it to take down a fighter jet, you've just gotta learn to live a little .

Ah yes, pink-haired waifu's obsessively in love with you. Those hit hard. Especially when voiced by Aoi Yuki !

So we're learning more about how Fuko's powers work. Her Unluck has a tendency to bring forth something proportional towards her feelings towards someone or what they've done to her (especially if it's a romantic or intimate persuasion). Like finding out Andy touched her boobs and gave her mouth-to-mouth? Totally enough to set forth pressure under the sea and launch them straight at a fighter jet for them to hijack! Wicked sick !

Is there anything more hardcore than using your own body to store a Katana? How's about using your broken bones to break your fall? Although he later does a proper five-point landing later ?

Fuko has come far after being a 10-year shut in. Now she's in Russia and getting to see the sights! Even getting a promise of a full course meal and Any wining and dining her later !

Who would've thought Fuko would run into a high school-obsessed artistic cutie who dresses and talks like a gyaru? And they manage to bond over art and have some fun together, which was sweet. Although less so when it turns out that Fuko met Gena, the member of Union Andy least wanted to face off against .

That whole sequence of Gena basically summon a platform and stairs from the scene for her to step down like a Goddess was breathtaking. And this is the girl who caught Andy the first time! And she seems to have something going on with her face...and is in love with Andy! This looks like it's going to be a pretty tough fight for the pair to earn Andy's Union status !
Old 2023-10-21, 19:17   Link #26
Chosen_Hero

So wait? They don't have stars in their world?
Old 2023-10-24, 05:23   Link #27
ChaosMaster130
Wanderer

Yeah, it looks like besides the existence of 'super' powers/Un-abilities in this universe, some other abnormal stuff is also going on.

I'm guessing that will be explained more in 1-3 episodes after the MCs 'probably' join the union and get the good ol' 'convenient for viewers/readers' new member infodump.
I think
Old 2023-10-25, 16:03   Link #28
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So wait? They don't have stars in their world?
Only Sun, Moon and Earth, otherwise the whole universe is empty, an entire universe with only one galaxy made up of one sun system with 3 planets in it, lol. At least it is easy to remember in space tests. XD

Gena in space firing a satellite without needing a suit was pretty badass as is her rising the water and her cool walk-down. She must be a high ranking member in UN with so much power.

Bit of a shame that the first female friend Fuko made has to be killed to earn them a 2nd spot on the UN table. So unlucky... :c
Old 2023-10-27, 13:33   Link #29
Frontier

Shirtless Shen! And with his cute assistant Mui, voiced by Yui Ishikawa! Totally worth getting paddled a little for his indiscretion in letting Andy and Fuko go .

So Fuko's new acquaintance was none other than Gena, a Union Member with seemingly unstoppable barriers, a razor hat, and also a girl who is head over heels in love with Andy and practically a yandere the way she wants to take Fuko out and is even willing to kiss a the sliced off face of her Deaddy Dearest. And THIS is Fuko's rival in love !

The Union has a quota for UMA hunts? Sounds like it's pretty difficult, even Gena seems pretty weary from it .

Poor Gena, she was all set for a romantic reunion with Andy and he keeps lobbing grenades at her .

Is there anything more hardcore than slicing your own head off so you can then blow yourself up with a grenade lodged in your mouth to uncover your opponent's special ability...Wicked Sick .

I totally forgot that there was supposed to be a UMA the Union was after there...and it's a frikkin' UFO! Aliens exist !?

Andy gaining power through Fuko's boobs! Yeah that's probably going to rub Gena the wrong way. I love how it devolved into an argument over whether Fuko's boobs are going to start drooping when she gets older. .

Move over Kikuko Inoue, we've got a new Eternally 16 cute girl. And she'll never change thanks to the power of anti-aging makeup! Which she totally writes off as being part of her Unchange ability. Though that also means her boobs will never get bigger. And she can't hide her sagging butt from Andy's eye .

Nice Undead Unluck tag team to open a barrier to throw Andy's Fuko-charged unluck head to transfer to Gena and make them get vaporized by a UFO. Wicked sick .

The only thing about Gena that never really changed was her love for Andy, even if a part of her wanted to change but got caught up in the Union too much to ever do it. But it's still sad to see her on her last legs, especially for Fuko who never wanted to kill her. But while she probably would've been fine with the man she loved killing her, she deserved having him give her one last kiss and accepting and calling her beautiful no matter how old she looked in her last moments .

So now there are two open spots for Andy and Fuko....time to join the Union !
Old 2023-10-29, 03:31   Link #30
James Rye

I really like how good the animation is so far. The fight between Andy and Gena was great. And it was fantastic that they managed to convey Gena's charm in 2 episode just like in the manga, where lots of people fell in love with Gena in the few chapters she appeared and felt really down when she had to die to free up another seat. The series is faithful to the original, you can feel that the team behind it are doing their best to deliver a good product and the OP/ED/BGM is amazing.

I'm all around happy with UU anime. <3
Old 2023-10-29, 11:38   Link #31
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

I was surprised by how moving the death scene was. They made me feel a feel for a character who was fairly arrogant.

I was a little disappointed in the strike of unluck this time. All that… contact… and all we get is an alien laser? I suppose it was the one thing that could pass through her shield, but it was no spectacular meteor strike or fuel truck coming off a bridge…

But yes, the anime is great. My surprise of the season.
Old 2023-11-03, 13:32   Link #32
Frontier

Seeing Gena in the OP hits hard. Even Fuko is still distraught over her death. But she wanted to die rather than continue this existence that perpetually drove her to kill others, so at the very least the man she loved could do was end it for her, with some help from Fuko. And it gives them both plenty of motivation to fix the Union .

Don't you just hate it when you're about to toast a Best Girl and get kidnapped by a spatial monster into your new job and dropping you right into it? And Andy sure knows how to make a Wicked Sick entrance by straight up attacking everybody and making them deflect it .

Union is a who's who of top tier Seiyuu. Mariya Ise as Juiz, the leader with a helmet that would make a Char Clone envious, Rie Kugimiya as Tatiana a girl in a robot orb who took Gena's death personally and is close to Billy the chill gunman voiced by Rikiya Koyama, Nobuhiko Okamoto as Top, and even Koji Yusa as Nico doing what he does best voicing shady and seedy dudes. Nico totally experimented on himself .

I see Juiz runs a tight ship. Try to kill other members and you'll be forced to kill the one you care about .

So we've also got Tomokazu Sugita voicing a deranged book called Apocalypse that gives out all of the Union's quests, said quests involve hunting UMA's down and getting the benefits, either opening up a membership slot, locating a new Negator or UMA, and trying to avoid the penalties. And why are they taking these quests? To find and kill God of course! Totally natural !

Fuko has some harsh words for how the Union operates, but if she has a problem, she'll have to take Juiz's job. But at least it gives her something to aspire too .

Yuichi Nakamura bullying his buddy Sugita! Although of course Andy wants the toughest job and he's going to drag Shen with him and Fuko .

Mui seems genuinely nice! She seems like someone Fuko could get along well with, on-top of being very cute. And she also owes her life to Shen, though the way she blushed pressed against his chest, I think her affection goes a little beyond just seeing him as her savior .

Poor Shen fighting a losing battle when it comes to keeping Andy clothed. Also Fuko is down bad for Andy that just a brush against her cheek is enough for a magma leak to burst forth !

Runaway UMA clothes voiced by Jun Fukushima? Kazuma as clothes? No wonder it's a bit pervy, latching onto women and making Mui attack Shen and Andy. Good thing Fuko was able to use her Unluck to overwhelm it, and a malleable and scummy living outfit is the perfect combination with Andy .

I love how Top was all geared up to hunt Clothy but lost his chance because of the big samurai armor guy Isshin taking too long. Also Billy just cutely feeding Tatiana sushi .

Looks like it's time to hunt Uma Spoils and kill some zombies! And Shen will be the third wheel to Andy and Fuko's date .
Old 2023-11-04, 19:31   Link #33
Chosen_Hero

Oh great, another "let's kill god" anime... oh boy, can't wait until the evil church organization that will go against them appears..

Also, hw convenient that a clothes UMA escaped exactly right after they explained why they need the uniform.
Old 2023-11-05, 07:27   Link #34
James Rye

Andy must have been around for ages like before Clothes were even a thing for mankind to not give a crap about his looks or have a desired one besides his out-of-the-world-demands. Funny that this forces Clothy to stick with Andy until he turns him into a puppet which seems to never be a thing, lol.

Mui is a cutie-pie, poor girl wants to have the power to be of help to her savior though I guess Shen is already plenty happy with her being alive.

Union is quite ruthless given how Juiz uses her power to threaten Tatiana and Andy into submission. Her power seems to be the most powerful so far. Really like how all the Un powers of the Union members are hidden by a spoiler. Leaves stuff to guess.

Andy not giving a fuck about what the Union wants and taking on the hardest quest with Fuko and Shen is so him. The part where he and Fuko tinged their Wodka glasses together after arriving onto their Union chairs was pretty cool.

Next episode we gotta see what a Uma and their power really is like. Seems Spoil is full on Necromancer stuff. I guess if it would die, no body or anything would rot/decompose? That could be problematic for Earth with millions of creatures and plants no longer disappearing on their own due bacteria and such.
Old 2023-11-10, 14:29   Link #35
Frontier

Can I just say how much I love Juiz's narration? Mariya Ise has such a serene and soothing voice here .

Andy and Fuko are hitting the road and seeing the sights in Nevada! Too bad they can't hit Las Vegas together and go to town, but they've got a job to do hunting down UMA Spoil! And Shen is there as the third wheel Andy wishes they could just leave on the roof of the truck .

Maybe Fuko shouldn't have heard the final fate of the squad in the middle of a zombie infestation. That never ends well .

Fuko and Shen both are in it for Andy here...Fuko so they can find Unrepair and someone who can potentially help Andy die, and Shen because he wants to see "Victhor - The God of Victory" which doesn't sound at all ominous .

Andy sure knows how to make an entrance. What better way to come in than by shooting an RPG at the front door and then running over some zombies? And then slicing and dicing them to your hearts content? Wicked sick !

First "he's not my boyfriend" I've heard muffled by airbags .

Of course he rushed into it and ended up getting him infected by Spoil's power and start zombifiying, but it also lets him understand a woman who hasn't completely turned...and who wants to be a bride. And Andy is happy to oblige if it means finding Spoil, and romancing a zombie girl sounds fun. Fuko is just rolling with it .

I love how Shen needs Mui's floating head to give him emotional support .

Dang, some kids manage to sequester themselves and hide, even though they've still got the timer for the zombification. But a longer timetable than anyone up above. Though Fuko isn't about to abandon some kids and even Shen will infect himself rather than leave her alone .

This is my first zombie wedding and that's a gorgeous zombie bride. Andy is a lucky man. But all this poor woman wanted was to wear a wedding dress, and now she just wants Andy to put them all out of their misery and defeat Spoil. And how can he deny his bride ?

UMA Spoil looks like a Jojo Stand! And not in a cool way. I hope they can finish this thing and save what's left of the town .
Old 2023-11-11, 16:47   Link #36
James Rye

The concept of UMAs being Rules embodiment who can enforce them in a certain area to their full extend while Negators break certain rules is pretty cool. Same with Andy checking if anyone had a rest of humanity left since "spoil" doesn't necessarily mean everything becomes 100% rotten. And according to Zombie wife all those Zombies are still very aware of what is happening to them and they can feel the suffering of their skin and flesh rotting on their bones. Andy going half-zombie and down the aisle for more infos shows what a Chad he is. He can even apologize when he has made a mistake, something not every MC is capable of early on in a show.

Fuuko wanting to help the children and risking her life for them is very her as well. Though the question is ofc how to help them. Shen jumping over the curse line speaks very well for him. He is a sell-out of signed Gena's death and apparently all did that for his own enjoyment of seeing/meeting Andy's full potential but he ain't a complete scumbag either as shown last episode with his interaction with Mui and now with sharing the fate of Fuuko and the children.

Next episode of Andy and Zombiehorde vs Spoil gonna be entertaining for sure.^^
Old 2023-11-17, 14:30   Link #37
Frontier

We now return to Zom100...I mean, Undead Unluck as Andy and his zombie bride lead a zombie army into a Boss Battle with UMA Spoil !

Don't you just hate it when your town is peaceful and then suddenly a floating monster head shows up and turns everyone into zombies? But based zombie bride prioritized saving her students and made sure to hide the kids away even as she was zombifying, and still confident that she would take a handsome man down the aisle. What a wicked sick woman .

The best cure for zombification is having dreams you believe in? Akira Tendo would approve .

What better way to defeat Spoil than with zombie bombs courtesy of Fuko's unluck? And who better to lead the charge than zombie bride as she bravely runs towards Spoil and manages to help blow him up. She truly was a woman worthy to be Andy's bride and deserved so much more .

I really like the eye effect whenever Shen uses his powers .

Fuko tapping all those zombies into bombs was surprisingly cute though .

Dang it, nobody told me this boss battle would have two phases! And in Spoil's second form he's one-wing angel'ing and even destroyed the Statue of Liberty! There's even a Spoil field around him that erodes everything in his vicinity! How are they going to beat this thing? Andy can barely get in close to him .

But Fuko isn't going to be deterred. Spoil may think the natural state of things is to decay and is happy to quicken that, but people have reason to live thanks to their dreams! And Fuko won't die until she's achieved her dream of living to the fullest and being a normal girl! Just like Shen won't die before becoming the greatest of all time! What an entrance with that bo staff !
Old 2023-11-19, 16:27   Link #38
James Rye

Turning all the Zombies into walking bombs with Unluck, brilliant plan. Also only possible because Fuuko is such a nice person that she feels so much pity for the spoiled people that her care for them creates huge Unluck. Espically with the teacher one who was a badass till the very end!

It is interesting to hear and see how Spoil sees himself, as a necessary rule to avoid overgrowth so to say. The world must have looked very different before he was born as a rule. Trees wouldn't crumble, corpses wouldn't rot, food would never go bad, sounds both like hell and paradies in a way. And it also shows how Spoil sees humans, as a weird existence that struggles against him despite him existing giving them purpose to think, to struggle, to preserve yet they fight and hate him for the change he brings in their bodies. At least I assume that Spoil also meant "aging" in a way. So perhaps humans never grew old and couldn't die due old age or if they died to old age they still looked young? Kinda interesting to imagine a world like that.

Next episode will likely be the last one in the battle against Spoil. Considering the huge amount of Quests they got I don't think Union will be able to prevent the birth of a new rule which gonna be interesting to watch for sure.
Old 2023-11-24, 14:29   Link #39
Frontier

Gotta respect how strongly Shen feels about his dream of being the best that he straight up surpasses the seeming limit of Spoil's timer and just keeps going and going .

Oh hey, it's the staff from Journey to the West! Fuko actually seems to be geeking out a little at seeing it .

Is there anything more satisfying than watching Shen bash around Spoil? Especially when he realizes his head outside his spoil field is one of his weaknesses, and Shen can use his ability to make Spoil's body move conveniently so he can hit him! The power of Untruth...to make one act opposite of their own intention! And it works best on those Shen feels fondly about, even if it's someone like Spoil whose giving him a good fight and providing him ample opportunity to see Victhor in action .

I love how no matter the life and death situation Fuko and Andy can get some flirting in, even if it's Andy feeling up Fuko's flabby belly. Fuko just has been eating so well lately !

They expected to pull in another storehouse of bombs...but instead Andy just falls into a sudden crevasse. Maybe the deepness of that fall is the depth of Fuko's feelings for Andy? Maybe ?

Either way it seems like their best is to throw Spoil into space (a classic) and unleash Andy's true power by removing his card, which is what Shen has been waiting for this whole time, and you can see why (and why Andy has been restraining himself this whole time). Victhor is Andy with not only his powers boosted but also utterly cold and vicious. He can literally regenerate clones of himself from his body parts! Spoil didn't even have a chance! And the dude is still kind of humble when it comes to his name!!!

At least they saved the kids! And we get more Mui screentime .

Seems like Shen overestimated his chances against Victhor, especially when he's seemingly immune to both his and Fuko's abilities and is massively powerful. Even breaking his own limbs alongside Shen's because of how strong his attacks are. Like, jeez .

But Andy is still in there, and fighting with Victhor for control, especially with Fuko right in front of him. Which just makes it pressing for Victhor to take Fuko out .

Though if Shen can't take Vitcthor out by himself, so he brings the entire Union organization to Victhor. And Victhor recognizes their mettle, and combination attacks, and jumps at the challenge as we end on Juiz striding forward to face him .
Old 2023-12-01, 17:21   Link #40
Frontier

It's Union vs Victor! With all the glorious and phenomenal action animation you could want as every member takes on Victor's clones while Juiz locks blades with him personally and Top gets Fuko and Shen out of there .

Top seems like a cool kid. I'm guessing his Negator ability means he has to keep running. He's also a bit of a brat which makes it fun when he and Fuko bounce off each other and argue who is more of one .

Victor knows Juiz personally? She's the only one he recognized by name. And he talked about wanting to open up spots in the Union for stronger Negators. And he says he's the original personality of Andy...hmmm .

Fuko will defeat Victor and bring Andy back with the power of...her boobs! Yes, they put a halt on this entire fight just to show Fuko rubbing her boobs against Victor for the sake of unleashing Unluck on him even if she hates him .

Fuko may not know a lot about Andy, but he's saved her so much over their journey together, so the least she can do is save him! Even if it means headshotting Victor with a gun and bringing Andy back...so they can share a romantic kiss and give enough Unluck to hit Victor with a meteor shower! And he's unable to move thanks to Shen's Untruth! Wicked Sick .

Aw, Andy now understands the appeal of Shojo! And he finally calls Fuko by name! Their relationship has come so far! Even if they won't acknowledge their official lovebirds status quite yet .

Time to see the results of the questing !