AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-01-27, 18:31   Link #81
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Man, I gotta love the way this story weaves its threads so deftly and how many curve balls it can throw at you. You think it's a story about a boy meeting a troubled girl and then it veers into something else entirely and then that veers into something else entirely...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 21:46   Link #82
alex_drian

Nothing to cure the gayness as an electroshock in the face?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-28, 03:52   Link #83
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Aoi Yuuki again uses her impressive range to voice Boogiepop.
I do like the weird sluggish voice that she does for Boogiepop. Can't think of anything like it.

On a side note, one thing I want to point out: The scene where the girl rips her clothes off to entice the bullies - any other anime would have seen that as an opportunity for fanservice. Props to this one for not going there.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-28, 05:47   Link #84
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yuuki Aoi is a marvel, one of the great chameleons in the seiyuu game. This take on Boogiepop is an odd choice but I absolutely love it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-28, 11:55   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Aoi Yuuki is definitely among the best. With this she's voiced two iconic "old" light novel main characters (the other being Kino).
Old 2019-01-29, 11:30   Link #86
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I do like the weird sluggish voice that she does for Boogiepop. Can't think of anything like it.

On a side note, one thing I want to point out: The scene where the girl rips her clothes off to entice the bullies - any other anime would have seen that as an opportunity for fanservice. Props to this one for not going there.
I was to busy wondering where she got the strength to rip her shirt like that. Unless the shirt was quite old and worn, or already had a rip or tear, shirts don't just rip like that easy, especially knitted ones.
Old 2019-01-29, 23:47   Link #87
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The episode is pretty okay, but I'd preffer they spend more time on Anou's inner feelings.
His tears is one of the most important mental exercise to the readers in vol.2, as well as a message in regards to the people and the world they live in.
Am I the only one he doesn't understand him BEFORE Spooky-E got to him? I understand not daring to approach Masaki but why would he go along with the thugs in his class?

Also Spooky-E.....Whoever designed him. Lmao, truly a fine walking example of the 1980s
Old 2019-01-30, 00:50   Link #88
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Am I the only one he doesn't understand him BEFORE Spooky-E got to him? I understand not daring to approach Masaki but why would he go along with the thugs in his class?
I think his plan was to swoop in and "save" Masaki?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-30, 04:18   Link #89
Applehell

That what I thought too. Not that makes his plan that much less nonsensical.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 16:26   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode saw the return of a couple characters from the first arc. Mainly Suema. The focus was on her and Aya/Camille. It's starting to look like Aya hasn't been brainwashed by Spooky E and is his subordinate in the Towa organization rather than a mere pawn. The way Spooky E gave her orders was different, and she answered normally rather than in a robotic manner.

Masaki being a karate expert was surprising. Couldn't he have beaten those bullies from back then? He seemed pretty strong.

Meanwhile, Jin is still doing his thing (and enjoying high school girls' barbie doll anatomies) and Imaginator hasn't shown up again.

It felt like a slow episode. I think it's the fact the storytelling is linear now that makes it feel that way.
Old 2019-02-01, 20:54   Link #91
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Masaki said in the last ep that he was a martial arts student, but he was afraid he'd get in trouble if he beat those guys up, and risk getting into his chosen high school.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 22:11   Link #92
Kazu-kun

As expected, Anou's memories didn't come back. He might not be under Spooky E's control anymore, but he's not fully himself either. The saddest thing is he can't even tell why he feels he has lost something important to him. He's crying and he doesn't even know why. Poor guy.
Old 2019-02-02, 00:37   Link #93
Applehell

I guess the reason Masaki still has most of his memories is becasue Camllie convinced/pleaded Spooky E not fry and brainwash him. I do have give Masaki some decent credit for holding his own, he's got some good moves there.

It's nice to see Suema is back too, hopefully a with a bigger role in this arc. This also the most lines normal Touka has gotten, through maybe I'm mistaking but was did Boogiepop briefly appear when she was talking to Kotoe? Aoi Yuuki seemed like she use Boogiepop voice then.

Poor Anou indeed though. There is strong feeling of something missing but he can't make any sense of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Imaginator hasn't shown up again.
I'm finding this part deeply suspicious myself. She or it basically disappeared after Jin undergone his epiphany and started calling himself Imaginator. I can't wrote that off as a mere coincidence. Maybe that really is true in a sense.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 01:59   Link #94
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
This also the most lines normal Touka has gotten, through maybe I'm mistaking but was did Boogiepop briefly appear when she was talking to Kotoe? Aoi Yuuki seemed like she use Boogiepop voice then.
Yup, that's who it was. I love the fact that Suema is supposed to be the expert on people who suddenly start behaving strangely, but she doesn't know she's got Boogiepop right under her nose.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 03:05   Link #95
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

This episode's mental exercise lies in Seuma's words.
And from the perspective of her words, Jin is no different from Spooky E.

While Camille, in her own way, reached the answer of this exercise.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 17:02   Link #96
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Meanwhile, Jin is still doing his thing (and enjoying high school girls' barbie doll anatomies) and Imaginator hasn't shown up again.

It felt like a slow episode. I think it's the fact the storytelling is linear now that makes it feel that way.
I think the implication is that the Imaginator did show up, but she just isn't visible to Suema, Masaki, and Camille, who have free thought. It's possible that Jin has been seeing her all this time, and all the people he has "treated" all become capable of seeing her as well.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 19:48   Link #97
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think the implication is that the Imaginator did show up, but she just isn't visible to Suema, Masaki, and Camille, who have free thought. It's possible that Jin has been seeing her all this time, and all the people he has "treated" all become capable of seeing her as well.
Maybe you're right, but I was thinking more about how we audience haven't seen her since the first ep of the arc despite the fact she's supposed to be the main antagonist.
Old 2019-02-02, 21:17   Link #98
Kazu-kun

I think the explanation is more simple. I think only people with powers like Asukai or Boogiepop can see Suiko (Imaginator). I don't think normal people can see her at all. So we probably won't see her again until we see events from Asukai or Boogiepop's POV again.
Old 2019-02-03, 01:44   Link #99
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Camille: "I am only allowed to live if I am not hated by anyone"

Spooky-E: quite clearly detests Camille already since a long time now.

......... <__<

Anyway, looks like Imaginator and Spooky-E are birds of a feather
Old 2019-02-03, 01:50   Link #100
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Camille: "I am only allowed to live if I am not hated by anyone"

Spooky-E: quite clearly detests Camille already since a long time now.

......... <__<

Anyway, looks like Imaginator and Spooky-E are birds of a feather
Comparing Minahoshi to Spooky E is an insult to her.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, remake