AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-03-13, 20:40   Link #441
GDB

Sorry, it's been at least 8 years since I saw those final episodes. Excuse me for not remembering a character more forgettable than Upa. Also, after looking it up, official sources differ on whether Bra is one year older or younger than Pan, so the movie goes with the one year younger route.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 21:00   Link #442
huynhlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Sorry, it's been at least 8 years since I saw those final episodes. Excuse me for not remembering a character more forgettable than Upa. Also, after looking it up, official sources differ on whether Bra is one year older or younger than Pan, so the movie goes with the one year younger route.
Wait in the manga bra was said to be one year older than pan so this movie wouldn't fit with the manga time line.
huynhlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 21:24   Link #443
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
The whole Trunks/Cell saga actually accounts for 4 universes, if it follows Marvel time travel (where time travel is actually to alternate, yet similar universes).

Here's the synopsis I sent before, just going to post it here in spoilers:

Spoiler for Movie synopsis, do not read if you don't want spoilers:
I see. So it is separate universes.

Oh you posted the spoilers. Cool at we now have an idea how this movie is.
Spoiler for Vegeta:

As for Pan and Bra. Those Saiyan girls are cute add them! >_<

Spoiler for DBZ Battle of Gods SD manga:
Old 2013-03-13, 21:33   Link #444
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by huynhlan View Post
Wait in the manga bra was said to be one year older than pan so this movie wouldn't fit with the manga time line.
I don't recall anything being said about her, and having just checked (granted they're bad scans, but still), I don't think anyone even acknowledges she exists. She's just kind of in a few shots at the Budokai, and that's about it.
Old 2013-03-13, 21:33   Link #445
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marikina View Post
Spoiler:
Well yes, I've never seen the guidebooks, so I can't comment on that (I assume you're correct), but what I meant was that the plots of these "DB Revival" movies/specials have been a little messy even by Dragonball standards and I hope they'd catch back up to the original canon somewhat if they do bring the franchise back to full steam in some way or another. I mean, we all watch it for the fights primarily, but I always found the plot line of Dragonball to be more or less consistent, intriguing, and unique, even if there were some holes here and there. The story for this movie just seems a little... sloppy, same with the recent Bardock special and especially the Yo! Son Goku one.

Not that I'm complaining too intensely, I'm all for some 12 universes exploration, but I would like a stronger story behind them if so.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 21:43   Link #446
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Damn spoilers are out also on youtube
Spoiler for DBZ BOG:
Old 2013-03-13, 21:55   Link #447
huynhlan

Quote:
I don't recall anything being said about her, and having just checked (granted they're bad scans, but still), I don't think anyone even acknowledges she exists. She's just kind of in a few shots at the Budokai, and that's about it.
yeah you are right nothing was really said about bra so she could be younger than pan. So I gues after bulma saw how angry vegeta got over her being slap she decide to mate like bunny with him and that's how bra came along.
Old 2013-03-13, 22:27   Link #448
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by huynhlan View Post
yeah you are right nothing was really said about bra so she could be younger than pan. So I gues after bulma saw how angry vegeta got over her being slap she decide to mate like bunny with him and that's how bra came along.
Ahh...just like Goku after having the heart virus made mad love to Chichi they had Goten.
Old 2013-03-14, 03:06   Link #449
Gundamx

What I don't like is that Videl is pregnant of pan yet Goten look like 6-7 years instead of 11-12 years old...
Than again they even forget about SSJ Gohan...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 05:22   Link #450
ragez2010
TamingSari

Goku also look the same while being 15 years old.
ragez2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 05:24   Link #451
Kirarakim

Kind of disappointed Bra is not in the movie. I wanted to see Vegeta dote over her as a child.
Old 2013-03-14, 07:38   Link #452
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragez2010 View Post
Goku also look the same while being 15 years old.
Saiyan stay in their early 20s form to be able to have more fight.
Also we know how 12 years old Gohan look like (Cell saga)and how 16-17 years old Goten look like(DBZ ending)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 09:04   Link #453
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
what I meant was that the plots of these "DB Revival" movies/specials have been a little messy even by Dragonball standards and I hope they'd catch back up to the original canon somewhat if they do bring the franchise back to full steam in some way or another. I mean, we all watch it for the fights primarily, but I always found the plot line of Dragonball to be more or less consistent, intriguing, and unique, even if there were some holes here and there. The story for this movie just seems a little... sloppy, same with the recent Bardock special and especially the Yo! Son Goku one.

Not that I'm complaining too intensely, I'm all for some 12 universes exploration, but I would like a stronger story behind them if so.
This "sloppiness" may be attributed to Toriyama getting back into DragonBall after so many years. It's a known fact that Toriyama is very forgetful of what he writes/creates, and Toei doesn't really know any better than him (hence the abomination that GT was). In other words, this movie was quite frankly created by two untrustworthy entities when it comes to adhering to previous continuity and maintaining quality in story. The 12 universes concept does sound very interesting, but I'm not confident in said entities executing this concept properly.
Old 2013-03-14, 14:52   Link #454
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
sloppy, same with the recent Bardock special
Outside of "how the hell did Frieza send Bardock into the past", it isn't really sloppy. Most just assume the story is about the legendary Super Saiyan, since Chilled passes on the knowledge of its existence. However, that doesn't mean he's the "Legendary Super Saiyan", just that he was a Super Saiyan in the past. The one Frieza's clan knew and the one the Saiyans knew don't have to be the same one.
Old 2013-03-14, 18:27   Link #455
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Speaking of Bardock wouldn't be surprise if he turned out to be the Legendary SSJ God since he was brought in the past(possible black hole, time travel wahtever BS DB series to give plot armor) since the spread of the SS after the ova in the Xbox game. He probably got 5 more Saiyan people and later on rebelled against King Vegeta, but lost due that SSGod transformation is very short.

Still Broly is our "Legendary Super Saiyan". Also I wouldn't be surprise if there is a SSG2,3 and a great ape form.
Old 2013-03-14, 18:41   Link #456
huynhlan

@GDB
I try looking at the sources of bra again and according to the Daizenshuu which is from the manga bra is suppose to be older than pan by one year. Bra is only younger in the gt file and since gt is non canon bra should be in this movie and she does indeed make more sense than pan so this mean toriyama didnt even bother to reread his own manga when he make this movie, man this is not good for the show. He really should have just left db the way it's.
Old 2013-03-14, 19:24   Link #457
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Probably Bra is on a day care who knows.
Old 2013-03-14, 19:45   Link #458
n0m@n
C-Z

Huh, is it me or does it say Goku ends up losing even though he turned into Super Saiyan God? And Birusu is the weakest among the 12 Gods?
But I like the part of how Vegeta surpassed Goku for a temporary time with rage. I hope he does turn into a super saiyan 3.
Old 2013-03-14, 20:55   Link #459
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think the action pack fighting scenes and phasing of the movie would change the spoilers since they did say SS God looks good on screen.

Also I think even if Toriyama hates Vegeta he knows the fans love him so he's not taking out one of the characters that make DB so popular.
Old 2013-03-14, 21:04   Link #460
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Damn!!! New Dragonball Sequel

Spoiler for DB sequel:

Needs translation!
Also SS God Red Haired Goku FAKE?! Then what is the real SS God?