shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Super Lovers (Seasons 1 & 2)

The BL series Super Lovers has been confirmed to air on April, 2006
The staff has also been revealed.

https://twitter.com/SUPERLOVERSinfo/...97160361951232
https://twitter.com/SUPERLOVERSinfo/...97220273344512

This is coming faster than I thought.
But finally we are having another good BL series.
BL fans of the forum, cheers!

Edit, the cast has been revealed:
http://superlovers-anime.com/#character

Kaidou Ren: Minagawa Junko
Kaidou Haru: Maeno Tomoaki
Kaidou Aki: Matsuoka Yoshitsugu
Kaidou Shima: Terashima Takuma
Sasaki Ikuyoshi Murase Ayumu
Kurosaki Juzen: Fukushima Jun

I am now praising the heavens that Kamiyan is out of the cast. Minagawa might not be the best cast, but still eons better than Kamiyan.
Ahhh, I can watch the show free of distress now.

Last edited by shmaster; 2015-12-26 at 00:14.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-26, 02:35   Link #2
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Hmm, Maeno Tomoaki as Haru. I like Maeno, but his tone of voice isn't exactly the type I envisioned for Haru, and he didn't exactly wow me as his last "host" character. But my biggest concern for the anime is where exactly they'll end this that'll be simi-satisfactory for anime only viewers. I love Miyuki Abe and her works but good god that woman can take her sweet time.

shmaster do you know how many chapters are out in Japan? There's only 23 translated chapters out so far.
Old 2015-12-26, 03:41   Link #3
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

25 or 26? I don't remember the exact count.

Haru's original VA from the drama CD is Morikawa.
Between him and Maeno, I can't tell which I'd prefer.

Though Haru is more of an Gary Stu arch type more than a host though.

Though, seeing Natsuo is not on the roster, there is a possibility they might end the anime at volume 4. But I hope not. I will be highly disappointed if I don't get to see Natsuo on screen.
Old 2015-12-29, 17:28   Link #4
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
25 or 26? I don't remember the exact count.

Haru's original VA from the drama CD is Morikawa.
Between him and Maeno, I can't tell which I'd prefer.

Though Haru is more of an Gary Stu arch type more than a host though.

Though, seeing Natsuo is not on the roster, there is a possibility they might end the anime at volume 4. But I hope not. I will be highly disappointed if I don't get to see Natsuo on screen.
OK, so the english scanlation isn't to far behind then.

I agree, he's kind of become my favorite character at the moment.

Spoiler for Natsuo:
Old 2016-02-25, 04:17   Link #5
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

A bit late, but the PV is out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qyNNf03HaM

Minagawa's Rei sounds... averagish? Nothing bad about it, but nothing spectacular either.
Maybe they should have cast Murase or Shiraishi as Rei instead.
Not to mention Murase is such a miscast as Ikuyoshi.

On the other hand Maeno's Haru is not too bad. At least better than I have imagined.

Though, still no Natsuo, this is a not a good sign.
Old 2016-02-25, 11:19   Link #6
Cloudedmind

Quote:
A bit late, but the PV is out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qyNNf03HaM

Minagawa's Rei sounds... averagish? Nothing bad about it, but nothing spectacular either.
Maybe they should have cast Murase or Shiraishi as Rei instead.
Not to mention Murase is such a miscast as Ikuyoshi.

On the other hand Maeno's Haru is not too bad. At least better than I have imagined.

Though, still no Natsuo, this is a not a good sign.
Did, I blink and miss sensei as well?

So far everything is kind of averagish, but I guess that's to be expected since BL anime don't generally get huge priority or budget.
Old 2016-03-29, 21:29   Link #7
LKK

Crunchyroll will carry the stream.

Quote:
airing Wednesday, April 6 at 11:05am PT for Crunchyroll users worldwide except for Asia.
[Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-06, 21:51   Link #8
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Hey, the voice acting turned out to be pretty okay. At least better than the dead-mediocrity that I was expecting.

But that OP and ED, I guess it is safe to say we are not going to see Natsuo...

Last edited by shmaster; 2016-04-06 at 23:41.
Old 2016-04-06, 23:05   Link #9
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Hey, the voice acting turned out to be pretty okay. At least better than the dead-mediocrity that I was expecting....
Yes, I thought Maeno Tomoaki (Haru) and mature pro Minagawa Junko (age 41, Ren) were both good. And Tanaka Atsuko as Haruko made quite the impression.

We got classically awkward animation from the dark side of Studio Deen, but I really enjoyed the story and the emotional movement. Ren seemed a bit too quickly tamed, but I guess they have a lot planned for his life back in Japan. Some people might find the tenderness icky here -- and I understand that -- but I just found it tender. Can't help liking Haru.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 16:04   Link #10
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep2 was another enjoyable episode. A situation I haven't seen before. A new twist on amnesia. And a different kind of host. Ren continues to be a pure, strong character. And Haru is great.

I adored the smooth, soft voice of Fujii Yukiyo, who played Asakura-san, the client OL who drew Haru away from his other clients and who apparently lives near him. I expect to see more of her. Fujii-san played Patema in the interesting OVA and film Sakasema no Patema. And she was Latifah in Amagi Brilliant Park. She is 30 and has a wide range of activities, from anime and games, to dubbing, to acting on TV, to magazine and TV ads, etc.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 02:05   Link #11
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Watching this episode really reminded how Haru can be a Gary Stu in a totally wrong way.
Ahh, I motivated to re-read the vol.1 of the manga again... wait, where did I put it anyway...?
Old 2016-04-17, 09:17   Link #12
Casshern

This is really cute and funny. I enjoyed the first couple of episodes
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 22:34   Link #13
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Haru sucks Haru sucks and Haru sucks.
It is moments like this makes me ask why couldn't Natsuo shows up earlier in the story...
Old 2016-04-23, 05:30   Link #14
Ghostfriendly

Rather annoyed by the mother and her lawyer; does any strong independent woman in certain anime have to be a violent, selfish jerk? I know they're kindly helping Ren, but their on-screen behaviour towards Haru shows no consideration at all. And they don't seem to have made any inquiries as to the source of Ren's abuse at the orphanage...but then, they can't have the side issue of unlimited other unseen abuse victims pulling focus from Ren and his BL-healing journey, in this kind of drama.

Judging by the actual behaviour of Haru's stepbrother in ep 2, he's more worried about Ren eating up money he could have sponged off Haru himself, than Ren stealing his stepbrother's affections. But it all makes quite good drama, as humans can really be this flawed and contradictory. Haru and Ren's interaction is slightly pedo, but otherwise surprisingly nice.

Host clubs...dehumanising and competitive for the hosts, addictive and over-expensive for the women. Yay.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 06:50   Link #15
Casshern

Maybe everyone would be better off if they were watching the road ahead instead of telling Haru that he's lonely

Anyway, still enjoying this series so far Glasses bro seems to be the only one with common sense I hope stalker lady doesn't kill herself :/
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-28, 07:48   Link #16
LKK

All the little time jumps have left me confused. Ren just graduated from middle school, right? Not high school?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-28, 13:08   Link #17
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
All the little time jumps have left me confused. Ren just graduated from middle school, right? Not high school?
Yes, he just graduated from middle school. General time frame of the anime is something like this, Haru meets Ren when he's about 17, and Ren is about 8. They separate for about five years, and meet again when Haru's about 22 and Ren 13. Ren stays with Haru for a few weeks (or was it months) before going back to Canada, and then Haru follows him a few months later, and him and Ren end up spending almost a year in Canada before going back to Japan. At this point I believe Ren either is, or almost is 15, and just graduating from middle school and entering high school. Haru's about 23/24. So conclusion.....Haru's really robbing the cradle here. *snorts*xD

Last edited by Cloudedmind; 2016-04-28 at 13:21.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-28, 23:50   Link #18
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

This is it.
This show needs cut some the cute background and the flowers.
It is starts to get distracting.
Old 2016-06-23, 09:58   Link #19
Cloudedmind

shmaster, it looks like you may get your wish, according to some comments it looks like a season two is happening next January.

And I totally forgot this season was only 10 episodes. >_<
Old 2016-06-24, 01:16   Link #20
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Yes, it was confirmed last week that the second season is coming.
Better yet! Natsuo will be voiced by someone I like! This is the best news!