AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 9 16.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 11.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 32.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.77%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.77%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-12, 11:28   Link #61
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
The problem, sorta, with TE is that Kouki kinda jumps from seriousness to harem antics...

Whereas Alternative arcs felt like connected to each other, it's not much the case with Total Eclipse, where it really felt like each arcs are published in a magazine before getting serialized. I think Kouki does need a beta reader to see how smooth the transitions are, no pun intended.
Old 2012-11-12, 11:48   Link #62
tsunade666

well Harem antics are needed in alternative to lighten up the mood. If you stay lonely and sad a certain hot headed storm vanguard would punch you. being sad is not needed in front line and specially in special task force.

But here in Total eclipse that's not the case at all!!! though I'm beginning to question. When TE is starting I heard its adapted from a novel then their is a manga where the novel stops though I'm not much informed other than that. Are they still adapting the novels? because next episode is a filler episode again. It just felt that they are stretching it far too much before the battle with the infinities. I even start thinking the studio had already given up on it. Specially in some scenes where the animation is totally off. Its like they aren't even giving an effort on it.
Old 2012-11-12, 19:37   Link #63
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

I've lost complete respect for this anime. It went from serious - mature animations to cartoony Infinite Stratoes facial expressions. The inconsistencies are so vast it seems almost schizophrenic.

Not only that, they'd failed to give critical details from the novel. I only see this anime as a means to "advertise" for the game that is coming up which is the Ending, but COME ON! Who would care if they don't even understand the story that leads up to the game? [mod edit: removed reference to events not shown] Who would be willing to pay for that game in order to understand whatever vague events this anime fails to mention.

Anyways, much disappointed. Sword Arts is the only thing I'm following up and it also has that Novel - to inconsistant adaptation that Total Eclipse as. One must read the novel in order to fully understand what the heck is going on.

I would watch Gundam Wing and other old animes where each episode has something happening where it FEELS like an adventure. I dont see that in Total Eclipse. Episode 3 seems to be the exact same as episode throughout to the current one. I don't see an adventure. >.<

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-11-12 at 23:08.
Old 2012-11-12, 19:59   Link #64
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
I don't think I was rude at all. Anime like these do things that way. Most guys wouldn't be interested in seeing a realistic female friendship (which is pretty much 99% of female relationships) when they can have a more sexualized variant, one in which the girls are just waiting for a chance to molest one another. Sex sells, simple as that.
I think it's still wrong to generalized. Just because they're don't have feelings for the MC makes them lesbians. That's stupid for God's sake.

Yes, I know sex sells. But pointless sex or rather fan service is a no, no... unless the anime is purely for fan service and pointless sex. The rage proves it.

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-11-12 at 20:20.
Old 2012-11-12, 20:01   Link #65
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Anyone else noticed similarities?

Spoiler for Picture size:

Holy cow!
Where there are aliens ther ebe the Duke.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2012-11-12 at 20:13.
Old 2012-11-12, 20:13   Link #66
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

For those Who complain about inconsistent animation level:

Give it a rest. Satelight Proved that they can produce a quality consistent work with Moe Pirates. The results we get, are to the director pissing away the budget in Yui's prologue.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-12, 20:17   Link #67
novalysis

You know, this was really more of OVA or Special Material. Other wise, it was really, one of the dumbest, stupidest and least well thought out episode plot-wise, though the humor is passable. Especially Orson....
Old 2012-11-12, 20:22   Link #68
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Notice how I'm only going after the people attacking animation level. I woulda preferred more Blue Flag. Or sword teaching that leads to sparring that leads to Yuuya and the person in his heart becoming one...

And Yui is shocked as Yuuya and Niigata pwn her again.

... Okay, Top Gun and Top Jell is also fine

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-12, 20:26   Link #69
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:

Give it a rest. Satelight Proved that they can produce a quality consistent work with Moe Pirates. The results we get, are to the director pissing away the budget in Yui's prologue.
The budged must have ben extremely low if the first 2 episodes are really responsible for the animationquality of the rest of the show.
Personally, I never cared about the animation in the first place, but what is destroying this anime for me is how bad the lest 2-3 episodes are regarding the characters, the story and the whole pointless Harem aspect. I had really high hopes for this show, maby too much.
Old 2012-11-12, 20:30   Link #70
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
The budged must have ben extremely low if the first 2 episodes are really responsible for the animationquality of the rest of the show.
Personally, I never cared about the animation in the first place, but what is destroying this anime for me is how bad the lest 2-3 episodes are regarding the characters, the story and the whole pointless Harem aspect. I had really high hopes for this show, maby too much.
If the two will just kiss for even once.... I'll give a 10/10...
Old 2012-11-12, 20:42   Link #71
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
If the two will just kiss for even once.... I'll give a 10/10...
Yui and Yuuya?

I don't really know if that will save this show for me. There are only 4 episiodes left after all.
Old 2012-11-12, 20:47   Link #72
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
I don't really know if that will save this show for me. There are only 4 episiodes left after all.
There are about 110 minutes in the 5 episodes left (20, 21, 22, 23, 24). That's the same as a normal-length movie. There is plenty they can do to save this.
Old 2012-11-12, 20:51   Link #73
tsunade666

4 more episode. Next episode is not really an episode if the next episode preview is right. Its like they are dragging on before the actual battle with infinities. Though next episode is going to show parts where weren't shown before or more information on argos team if I remember it right.
Old 2012-11-12, 20:53   Link #74
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
There are about 110 minutes in the 5 episodes left (20, 21, 22, 23, 24). That's the same as a normal-length movie. There is plenty they can do to save this.
I hope they will.
There are shows who I can wach even after years because they are good, and this was one of thoses shows till ep.16 for me.
Old 2012-11-12, 21:43   Link #75
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
4 more episode. Next episode is not really an episode if the next episode preview is right. Its like they are dragging on before the actual battle with infinities. Though next episode is going to show parts where weren't shown before or more information on argos team if I remember it right.
Oh crap I think you are right. It is a recap. Well there are still 90 or so minutes anyway.
Old 2012-11-12, 21:45   Link #76
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
When Cryska went into the mens side and approached Yuuya there was an scene full of steam shown twice and then Yuuya says something like "what did I saw?". Anyone knows about it? I have some suspicions but I it can't be *that* so if anyone has any info please do share.
if yuuya really don't realize what happen then i can assume that yuuya is a Virgin

so yuuya and sharon relationship in the past is not really deep. isn't it ?
Old 2012-11-12, 21:49   Link #77
Darthtabby

I was amused by parts of this episode (like Yui's yuri harem), but in general I'm kind of hoping that it's never referenced by any of the later episodes and can simply be skipped over without causing continuity problems.
Old 2012-11-12, 21:53   Link #78
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I was amused by parts of this episode (like Yui's yuri harem), but in general I'm kind of hoping that it's never referenced by any of the later episodes and can simply be skipped over without causing continuity problems.
Agreed. I would like to get on with the story, like an epic match between Argos and the Infinities.

Which would probably end with Keith vs Ibrahim, old dude versus old due, as they pour out their headaches with dealing with young guns on the battlefield...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-12, 21:53   Link #79
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:

Yes, so much this. It is not Satelight's fault that the production committee raised the industry's equivalent of three hundred yen, a candy wrapper, and some scattered pocket lint to create this series. There's only so much they can do with no money.

(This does nothing to excuse the excursions into fanservice harem antics better suited for Extra or Lt. Cui's general stalker antics, but those, again, are the fault of the original writer.)

...clip show next week to save more money, but hopefully they can use that kind of thing to scrape up enough cash to do the Argos/Infinities fight and, hopefully, the culmination of the Yuuya-Leon arc some justice. There's been plenty of good stuff in the Blue Flag arc, and I'd like to see more of that.
Old 2012-11-12, 22:04   Link #80
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

While I would have liked for the story to focus more on Blue Flag, this episode had some good moments and gave me some good laughs.

BIG WAVE!!!