AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-14, 03:09   Link #81
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Okay, I went to the Brusilov in chapter 4 while on Co-Op, but it wouldn't let us in the ship. Is there some secret here?
Old 2013-02-14, 20:10   Link #82
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I've started replaying the game again.... and I'm acclimating to the game, getting less freaked out as it progresses. I do miss how the RIG suits in previous games would give you bonuses, but at least I can upgrade my RIG suit now...

Also, psychologically, I felt much happier after putting on the N7 RIG suit.

So far on Chapter 4, exploring the CMS Greely. I'm running with a combo Shotgun/Heavy Line Gun, and a Double Plasma Cutter; top's been modified with the full auto tip (albeit I'll probably fire in manual semiauto), while the bottom cutter has the wide angle beam. The cutter is actually a pretty sweet weapon... Heavy Carbine kinda works at long range, given that it's pretty accurate. It woks well with the line gun, though I may experiment a bit more; loading a plasma core on a heavy frame creates a force gun, which is extremely useful and blowing away crowding enemies. It's like a Fus Ro Dah that uses ammo.

Also, I am TOTALLY abusing the farming mechanism. I may go back to the earlier chapters just to play them with my new guns and grab more loot... Also, I really like the zero-G segments; they're pretty fun.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 22:27   Link #83
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So far I've just gotten to the very start of disc two, and I've yet to switch from the Evangelizer and Negotiator, though I'm prepping some upgrade designs because as nice as they are I'm going to need more firepower at some point. A Diffractor Torus for certain. And I'm hoping I can kill the final boss with the Contact Beam this time--I played Dead Space 1 and 2 back to back before starting Dead Space 3, and managed to finish off both the Hive Mind and Nicole using the Contact Beam.

Spoiler for Terra Nova:
Old 2013-02-14, 22:36   Link #84
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So far I've just gotten to the very start of disc two, and I've yet to switch from the Evangelizer and Negotiator, though I'm prepping some upgrade designs because as nice as they are I'm going to need more firepower at some point. A Diffractor Torus for certain. And I'm hoping I can kill the final boss with the Contact Beam this time--I played Dead Space 1 and 2 back to back before starting Dead Space 3, and managed to finish off both the Hive Mind and Nicole using the Contact Beam.

Spoiler for Terra Nova:
The Evangelizer is one of my favorites, second to only the plasma cutter though it is still very powerful when you first get it. It is very overpowered like the plasma cutter once fully upgraded. Also good luck on the Hunter, I know you are going to need it.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 22:59   Link #85
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh I'm already done with the Terra Nova section; I'm on disc 2. I knew how to deal with the Hunters, but... still. Upon seeing that thing, I just knew things would get messy in that section.
Old 2013-02-14, 23:02   Link #86
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Oh I'm already done with the Terra Nova section; I'm on disc 2. I knew how to deal with the Hunters, but... still. Upon seeing that thing, I just knew things would get messy in that section.
Spoiler for Warning:
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 23:04   Link #87
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Spoiler for Warning:
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2013-02-15, 04:36   Link #88
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Wait what? Two discs? Mine only has one.
Old 2013-02-15, 06:47   Link #89
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Spoiler for dem hunters:
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 17:35   Link #90
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wait what? Two discs? Mine only has one.
Xbox probably has 2 discs, while ps3 has one.
Old 2013-02-15, 17:50   Link #91
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Xbox probably has 2 discs, while ps3 has one.
Ah, yeah Xbox being only DVD game-capable would need 2 discs for some games, right.
Old 2013-02-15, 19:54   Link #92
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Y'know, one thing I am rather glad about is that even when you start out, the game gives you some tools to make a decent weapon.

My loadout for much of Chapter 3 and 4 was a Tesla Core on a compact frame with and underbarrel plasma core; this gave me an arc welder pistol with underbarrel Plasma Cutter, which was a pretty decent weapon...

Primary was a military engine & plasma core on a heavy frame, which resulted in me getting a Shotgun with underbarrel Force gun. I was in love. Shotgun as they get close, blow them back with the Force gun, and then shoot them some more.

then I got fed up, used a trainer, and now I have a Pulse Rifle and grenade launcher on a heavy elite frame. Thinking of maybe swapping the grenade for a shotgun for close encounters...

Also, while I miss the RIG suits having special properties, there is something to be said for how you can upgrade the suits. Isaac's EVA suit starts out looking like a relatively week and fragile thing; when max upgraded it looks pretty tough. Though psychologically, I prefer the N7 suit. Makes me feel happier wearing it, somehow.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-02-15, 20:04   Link #93
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Pretty much the best weapon you want for close crowd encounters is the Diffraction Torus, which in Dead Space 1 and 2 was the alt-fire for the Contact Beam. It's murder on Feeders.

Right now I'm trying to make up upgrades for my Evangelizer and Negotiator. I played DS and DS2 before playing DS3, and took out both final bosses using the Contact Beam. I'm hoping to do the same here, so that's what I'm replacing the Negotiator with. Contact Beam + Pulse Rifle, so far. The Evangelizer's replacement right now is a Bullpup Rifle + Diffractor Torus, and neither of them are ready to replace my current weapons.
Old 2013-02-15, 21:56   Link #94
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

TBH I'm kinda doing this wrong, as I never finished DS1 and 2...

How does one make a Contact Beam anyway? Plasma Core & Diffraction Torus tip?

As for close encounters, I'm finding that the Shotgun + Force Gun to be surprisingly viable. I'm actually kinda impressed that you can make such a useful starting gun.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-02-15, 23:24   Link #95
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Plasma Core and Precision Tip. Diffraction Torus on the Plasma Core just makes the Ground Diffractor, so if you want the original Contact Beam you'll need two plasma cores, the top Precision Tip and the bottom Diffraction Torus.
Old 2013-02-15, 23:33   Link #96
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I think the real fun of this game is mixing and matching guns. XD

Also, personally IMO there is no reason to use the Heavy Frame if you can make Heavy Elite Frames, since those hold more circuit slots.

I'll say this; a certain number of the scares start to become less terrifying when one remembers that one can fire an incendiary grenade at enemies and watch them burn XD And if that isn't enough, Acid Shotgun FTW.

Though when I was clearing the cargo, I took a look at the train, saw the writhing Hunter, and facepalmed, and went, "yep, this is gonna suck." As soon as that tram hit the station I was firing grenades at ventilation shafts and doors.

*SCEREAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH*

*BOOM*

*reload*

*sigh* "This is gonna suck."

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-02-16, 05:06   Link #97
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Pretty much the best weapon you want for close crowd encounters is the Diffraction Torus, which in Dead Space 1 and 2 was the alt-fire for the Contact Beam. It's murder on Feeders.

Right now I'm trying to make up upgrades for my Evangelizer and Negotiator. I played DS and DS2 before playing DS3, and took out both final bosses using the Contact Beam. I'm hoping to do the same here, so that's what I'm replacing the Negotiator with. Contact Beam + Pulse Rifle, so far. The Evangelizer's replacement right now is a Bullpup Rifle + Diffractor Torus, and neither of them are ready to replace my current weapons.
My personal favorite weapon started out as a subweapon but soon became my main firemode. The galvanizer (military machine+directed suspenion field) is just a simple (and kinda boring) burst-fire submachine gun but damn it never let me down, contrary to pretty much any other weapon I tried, which all either had a too small clip or didn't have the necessary attackspeed in close situations.
I pumped it up with [+2dam/+2 clip] upgrades to get a 60shot clip - you rarely have to reload even in long fights if your aim is right. However it's good for spraying and praying as well.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 06:16   Link #98
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Am I the only one who made all my weapons from scratch?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 10:57   Link #99
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Am I the only one who made all my weapons from scratch?
Nah, I made my weapons from scratch too. Still have my first weapons set aside for nostalgia... And a whloe other bunch of OP weapons.

I have a certain fondness for shotguns, somehow. Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun blast to the face.

I think I may try put the burst fire SMG later, along with an underbarrel Force Gun. I really like how the force gun blows everythin away, giving you time for quik options or reloading. I find it also really synergises with the shotgun: fire shotgun, fire force gun, blow enemies away, ready shotgun snd fire again.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-02-16, 11:12   Link #100
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Eh my setup is a shotty with a burst submachine gun on the right, a sniper rifle with the extended scope and full auto medium range rifle on the left. Acid on the upper tools and electric on the lower tools.

So yeah, 4 Military Engines FTW
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote