AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-31, 11:51   Link #8721
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I am just happy that I will have more Tier X choices. Well KT, soon, we will be doing our T-62A plats!

The rest of ya, git em!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 12:00   Link #8722
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Eeeeexcellent. My second Tier X shall be had soon. Yeeees, quite soon...
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 12:04   Link #8723
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Well. 90 dollars for a B2. Really WG?

I was looking forward to it but now, forget it. I just want a B2 if they are not selling it individually they are not getting my money.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 12:08   Link #8724
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Eeeeexcellent. My second Tier X shall be had soon. Yeeees, quite soon...
I can actually free XP my way to an E-100 and get 3 Tier X by Friday in 1 go, but I don't think I ever want one...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 12:49   Link #8725
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Missions Start: 04:30 PDT (07:30 EDT) August 2, 2013
Missions End: 04:00 PDT (07:00 EDT) August 31, 2013
Monthlong Anniversary Missions
Mission Number 1
Objective: Destroy 30 enemy vehicles over the course of one day using a tier IV or higher vehicle
Once Per Day Reward: 300,000
Mission Number 2
Objective: Obtain any of the following medals during a match
Tamada Yoshio
Nikols
Lehveslaiho
Radley-Walters
Repeatable Reward: x5 Crew XP for the match
Mission Number 3
Objective: Earn 50,000 XP over the course of one day
Once Per Day Reward: One day of Premium
All objectives can only be completed in Random Battles. Keep in mind that all progress toward completing an objective resets along with the daily double XP reset. Best of luck!
if I manage to play at least 50 games perday. that means 9 Million cash + 1 month premium

XD

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 13:28   Link #8726
LeoXiao
思想工作

Beware of the sentient BatChat

Apparently, in Russian "Polygon" means "shooting range."

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2013-07-31 at 13:52.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 17:29   Link #8727
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

SU-152 researched and KV-1 bought.

Quite a productive night it would seem !

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 18:57   Link #8728
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
In the office right now, systems down, so slacking off a bit.

After the really bad run of games over the few days, the bonuses don't feel enough to justify trying to get my deficit back. That burned me bad. I hate freefalls.

Well, I suppose it means that I can finally transfer the Indien crew to the Leo PTA now though... And the german B2 doesn't seem to be THAT much of a deal to me, as you need to also get the Jp 8.8 for it. >_>
Old 2013-07-31, 19:15   Link #8729
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
And the german B2 doesn't seem to be THAT much of a deal to me, as you need to also get the Jp 8.8 for it. >_>
WG is really pushing it. $90. I was actually thinking that if I can get the B2, I'd pay up to $30 for it along with all the consumable crap and credit and tiny bits of gold they throw in there to jack up the price. Yes, I was ACTUALLY willing to do that. Did not expect them to throw in a whole tier 8 premium in there and make 90. That's a deal breaker for me.
Old 2013-07-31, 19:24   Link #8730
LeoXiao
思想工作

I got my B2 for like ten bucks or whatever 500 gold is worth.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 19:25   Link #8731
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I got my B2 for like ten bucks or whatever 500 gold is worth.
Go ahead and touch my super jelly.
Old 2013-07-31, 19:31   Link #8732
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

One of the more amusing topics of discussion is the KV-5, which is also up in the gift shop again. People are saying "get it now, who knows if it'd appear again", which would have been tempting if not for the fact that it's a huge hunk of metal that takes a lot to play well (see: driving backwards to sidescrape properly).

Stupid WG NA, just give us the Type already.
Old 2013-07-31, 19:53   Link #8733
Gravitas Free Zone

I'd already gotten the JT88 a few weeks back for $45ish. Paying another $45 on top of that for a weird tiny heavy that has strange crew requirements doesn't seem like much of a deal, even if the PzB2 only gets Tier 4 MM.

The KV-5 I would imagine will reliably recur as a special offer in the gift shop. Make something rare, tease it out every so often, watch people throw money at it.

It's not terrible, but yeah, it does take some brains to use properly.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 20:56   Link #8734
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

The KV-5 is my most regretted premium tank purchase. The front has two big weakspots that are impossible to hide at the same time: the front mini-turret and the copula, which are conveniently located on opposite sides. People suggest driving backwards, but the back end is simply a giant weakspot on its own. The mobility is horrible despite the decent top speed (which I don't hit unless I drive straight for a minute or something). And the penetration is *pathetic*; I have to use gold rounds to hurt any heavies or German/French TDs, since the tank lacks the mobility to get to the side of anything. Oh, and the aiming time is crap, which is typical for Soviet vehicles, but coupled with all the other bad things about the tank, it just hurts it more.

Out of all the premium vehicles I have, I like the T34 the most. It is the premium tank you should get if you're only going to get one. Of course, Ute would be inclined to disagree.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 21:03   Link #8735
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

guys. you play KV-5 wrong

KV-5 is a battering ram

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 21:09   Link #8736
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
guys. you play KV-5 wrong

KV-5 is a battering ram
I tried that, of course. It's hard to get to a speed where you can hurt anything even on level ground. And I did try zooming down a hill, but usually either somebody tracked me before I could ram anything, or they just drove out of the way because the KV-5 turns its hull like a loli trapped in a vat of peanut butter.

I do think that I'm playing it wrong though. Whether I have the capacity and skill to play it right is another question.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 21:27   Link #8737
Gravitas Free Zone

I wouldn't say that the KV-5 is my favorite premium either, mostly because the weakspots are well-known by now. I try to keep it in the midline, hull-down or sidescraped, and bring it out only when targets have been weakened.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 22:41   Link #8738
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So, got to 9k exp on my T-28. I'm finding that I seem to have more sucess with it than my Covenanter, weirdly enough. Then again, I've also got the 57mm Zis, which is making it so bearable...

Also, did Redshire, I got 7 hits on a Type 59, tracked him, and nearly killed him. Of course, he was also afk, so it wasn't like it was a fair fight. Still, that was a decent match - did a fair bit of spotting and damage. Somehow, the T-28 is starting to grow on me, somewhat.

Also, camo schemes are a godsend for lights. Actually I'm running camo on all my main tanks now, skewed mostly for summer. I'm finding that it's just that little bit that keeps you alive that little longer. It's a little pointless on heavies, but meh, I make back my painting costs in one day, so it's fine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 23:01   Link #8739
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

thats sux man, i'm still working on the E 100 and the ST 1 upgrades, had some sweet rounds with Crimson, wit a WR session over 75%, while workin on free xping the IS 4 and daily collection of the E 75, I prolly will get the E 100 just to piss ppl off, then piss ppl off more in the Maus, the only thing i see good about germans are the accuracy/pen values are above avg until you hit tier 9 and 10..... but angled properly, you can bounce shots all day and laugh.

as for my favorite prem, it would have to be the SP or IS 6 on pure gold, just cuz it can absorb dmg from spaced armor and bounce shots from its angled armor.

as for tier 6, i don't really have any favorites now, before the derp nerf my fav was the jumbo, after the nerf, kv 1s seems ok, i hate the long wait for the last gun tho, with its crap armor. Actually i like the hellcat as my fav tier 6, for tier 7 its got to be the T29 or tiger P. Tier 8 hard to pick... for tier 9 my fav is the 103 or 75, tier 10 its got to be the E5, E4 and Maus.

so yeah i think WG should add smokescreen for a consumable, you can disappear from the map/radar for the next 3 or 5 secs after smoke pops, one time use, Thats if WG wants to be as real life.

if you want to uninstall mods just figure out which mod files you need to get rid of, which is why i still have the old mods just in case, i have old mods that need to be removed.
Old 2013-08-01, 02:00   Link #8740
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Dunno, the Tetrarch and IS-6 looks like a FAR better deal at this point.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks