AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-11, 13:50   Link #1
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Notch - The innocent LunA - Eclipsed SinnerS

http://store.steampowered.com/app/32...snr=1_5_9__205

Linking the Steam page here as the game's official site is apparently written in chinese, so a lot of people, myself included, won't be able to read it.
Note that this is an official english translation.

This is a murder mystery story with some supernatural elements.

Intro (Sorry I tried but I can't manage to get that embedded video to work)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi4Bs40E6ic

Short story description
In this game you are Asakawa Yuhito(name changable) and live on a peaceful island that has been forgotten in the aftermath of the war.
However this peacefulness is suddenly disturbed when a series of murders happen.

Personal impression:
Its a good VN that can really get under your skin, both emotional and in terms of its horror element. (Careful some story aspects are really disturbing, especially some crime scenes and <classified>.
The visual Novel is said to have 14 ends.

Spoiler for Not really a spoiler just an opinion:

A warning in advance though - It is really easy to get bad ends. Personally I have yet to find out how to get a good ending, although some people apparently managed to get them by now.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2015-06-11 at 14:21.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 19:14   Link #2
VDZ

But is the writing any good? That always seems to be the big weak point for non-Japanese VNs. How does it compare to other VNs? There's still not a single rating on VNDB...
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 09:07   Link #3
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Could it be that you asked the same on Steam too ?

The question is imho to which ones you want to compare them.
If you want to compare it to Umineko for example I'd still say Umineko was better.
One should say though that Umineko is a 8 VN that probably easily breaks 11 hours while this is about 11 hours for one playthrough, but has choices effecting which end you will get.

I think its also a series, although i can't tell if the other 2 VNs are supposed to be played before or after this. It doesn't look like they are connected though and simply belong to the 'Notch series' (So for example like 'Naka koro ni - series, to stick with the same example'

My personal opinion is that it was worth the 9 USD, and tbH it even made me feel sorry for the killer :/ -
So I guess the writing can't be too bad.

As forVNDB I just checked its entry and whoever put up the character descriptions pretty much spoilered names that were not supposed to be revealed until after chapter 6 lol. I'm pretty surprised they didn't reveal the culprit.
I don't know if it helps you but check VNDBs information on Angel Blue Digital Entertainment (original devs) , that might help you a bit with your decision

I can name you even an american VN with awesome writing, although the genre is completely different from this one

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2015-06-13, 16:39   Link #4
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I can name you even an american VN with awesome writing, although the genre is completely different from this one
Which one?
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 18:27   Link #5
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Which one?
Sunrider, Mask of Arcadius

Tags
horror, supernatural elements