AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-10-29, 23:39   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Official Great Lakes Region Animesuki Meet! (12/04/04)

Ok, we've talked about this numerous times before and the vast majority each time said they'd love to do this, but nobody has. So here's what we're going to do. We're going to set one in stone and I guess I'm going to have to be the one to start this in motion. So here we go.

Date: December 4th (saturday)
Restaurant: TBD
What to bring: Yourself and your friends. Cosplay is welcome.
Who's welcome: Anybody! Most especially though, those living near Battle Creek, MI. IE, anyone in MI, OH, IN, IL, WI.
Time: 7pm sharp! No ending time.

Events before, during and after are TBD, so it's up to you guys what we do besides eat, drink, chat and get to know each other in person. We can't go see any anime at my place (too tiny) so if you guys have any other ideas how we can squeeze in a couple episodes of some anime, I'm game. Oh, and please RSVP before Friday the 3rd. I don't want to surprise the restaurant we show up to by suddenly springing several dozen anime otaku on them all at once.

Oh, yea, and we need to pick a place to meet. Here's the list of good restaurants in my area.

Chilis
Ruby Tuesday
Don Pablos
Pizza Hut
Applebee's
Denny's
Gary Fields Comedy Club
Long John Silvers
Big Boy
Rice House (kinda expensive, but it's got 100% authentic japanese food)
Manchurian Buffet (chinese food buffet style)
Old Country Buffet

That's a starters list. If there's some other big chain you know of that I didn't list that you'd like to consider, please mention it because we probubly have it in this town. o_0

Anywho, let's at least try this once. I'd like to see these become regular events, but that all depends on you guys. So let's here your thoughts and suggestions, also please pick a favorite restaurant you'd like to go to. We'll go to the one that's most popular. Also, don't worry about there being too many people. I've got that covered. Even if we show up with 60 people these restaurants around here won't even blink at a group that big.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote