AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-29, 12:42   Link #81
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
The conversation above should be continue in Generic Discussion thread. *points to the first post*

Bakemonogatari anime only covers two of Bakemonogatari books:
- Bakemonogatari 1 (Hitagi Crab, Mayoi Snail, Suruga Monkey)
- Bakemonogatari 2 (Nadeko Snake, Tsubasa Cat)

There're three more books, in case if they want to do the second season:
- Kizumonogatari (prequel—Koyomi Vamp)
- Nisemonogatari 1 (sequel—Karen Bee)
- Nisemonogatari 2 (sequel—Tsukihi Phoenix)

...and two more books are planned:
- Nekomonogatari (likely a prequel—Tsubasa Family)
- Kabukuminogatari (likely a sequel—Mayoi Jiansi)
Great, thanks for info.

Here I thought the novel has ended, it still has 2 more books to go.

Basically each book covers another oddity, except for the prequel(which sounds very interesting). Though, I am afraid that any series that introduces new characters every arc tends to lose its novelty very quickly.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 13:20   Link #82
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Yet a reminder again. Guys, this isn't a discussion thread. It is meant for simple questions and answers. Straight, direct.

The recent discussion about how getting a joke in japanese has been moved into the generic discussion thread.
Old 2009-09-29, 14:23   Link #83
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Basically each book covers another oddity, except for the prequel(which sounds very interesting). Though, I am afraid that any series that introduces new characters every arc tends to lose its novelty very quickly.
If you pay attention to the titles, it looks like there will be no more characters and future arcs focus on characters we already know (including his sisters, who haven't got much development yet).
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 20:03   Link #84
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

There are at least three different sub versions, aren't there? Whose sub is the best to watch?
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 22:52   Link #85
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
There are at least three different sub versions, aren't there? Whose sub is the best to watch?
Judge it for yourself.

http://ji-hi.net/bakemonogatari/index.html

But only gg can catch up to latest episode. I hope someone will sub the BD version.
Old 2009-09-29, 22:57   Link #86
epl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Judge it for yourself.

http://ji-hi.net/bakemonogatari/index.html

But only gg can catch up to latest episode. I hope someone will sub the BD version.
From last time I heard, gg is gonna do the BD, but that could be on hold since they are playing Aion. THORA is also doing the BD, but this could be a joint w/ gg. Also, it may take longer now if subbers choose to do the second audio/commentary track written by Nishio Ishino where cast members comments whats going on as character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I would go with bluray when it comes out, if it is done by a good group. If you want to watch it now, I would go with gg, but only problem is that the first few gg did not subbed the flashing text. So qIIq is a go alternative for the first few.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-09-30 at 01:57. Reason: please use the "edit" or the "multiquote" button instead of double posting
epl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 01:36   Link #87
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
You make it sound like they're screwing up on purpose. Bad scheduling is certainly not admirable, but neither is it intentional nor malicious. They're not doing this just to be jerks to the fans (unlike what happened with Haruhi...).
they shouldn't take on so many projects if they cant handle them. Its entirely their fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Do you mean you also buy anime DVD/Blu-ray from Japan?
nope, but the american companies pay licencing fees to those companies to bring them over there. Doesn't hurt them at the time but if enough people dont buy releases from that company, the american releases will probably stop getting stuff from those studios.

to keep it still on topic, have any of the groups announced plans to sub the web episodes? is that even possible? Not sure how theyd capture the video...
kenshin-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 02:13   Link #88
epl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
they shouldn't take on so many projects if they cant handle them. Its entirely their fault.

nope, but the american companies pay licencing fees to those companies to bring them over there. Doesn't hurt them at the time but if enough people dont buy releases from that company, the american releases will probably stop getting stuff from those studios.

to keep it still on topic, have any of the groups announced plans to sub the web episodes? is that even possible? Not sure how theyd capture the video...
No group has announced publicly. Last time I check, gg says that it depends on the quality. For capturing it, it will most likely be possible that it can be done, unless they create some new player that cannot be captured.
epl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 10:43   Link #89
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
I never said it wasn't their own mistake, I just take issue with the way you act as if they're jerks who are doing it intentionally. If they didn't care about the quality of the series, they wouldn't have extended it to 15 episodes in the first place. Yeah, they screwed up, and no, that's not a good thing, but that doesn't make Shinbou a "douche" as you so eloquently put it, nor are production botches "company practices."
Old 2009-10-01, 12:44   Link #90
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

What I find annoying is that Shinbo keeps being treated like a cavalry hero when it seems that he's always standing around a disaster mode situation... when that happens in engineering circles, we start noticing that the "hero" often creates the disasters they fix. Unconsciously... but they love the "hero mode" and they aren't doing risk mitigation.

All I can say is that "thank the gods" they have always fixed it for the DVDs.
Old 2009-10-01, 13:12   Link #91
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Bakemonogatari anime only covers two of Bakemonogatari books:
- Bakemonogatari 1 (Hitagi Crab, Mayoi Snail, Suruga Monkey)
- Bakemonogatari 2 (Nadeko Snake, Tsubasa Cat)

There're three more books, in case if they want to do the second season:
- Kizumonogatari (prequel—Koyomi Vamp)
- Nisemonogatari 1 (sequel—Karen Bee)
- Nisemonogatari 2 (sequel—Tsukihi Phoenix)

...and two more books are planned:
- Nekomonogatari (likely a prequel—Tsubasa Family)
- Kabukuminogatari (likely a sequel—Mayoi Jiansi)
How long are the other books? The first two novels had more than 400 pages which is rather big for a light novel.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 13:35   Link #92
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
How long are the other books? The first two novels had more than 400 pages which is rather big for a light novel.
Bakemonogatari 1 - 443 pages - 3 stories, 8+9+9 chapters
Bakemonogatari 2 - 399 pages - 2 stories, 7+8 chapters
Kizumonogatari - 355 pages - 1 story, 18 chapters
Nisemonogatari 1 - 319 pages - 1 story, 12 chapters
Nisemonogatari 2 - 321 pages - 1 story, 12 chapters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
What I find annoying is that Shinbo keeps being treated like a cavalry hero when it seems that he's always standing around a disaster mode situation...
Rumor says Shinbo has record of delivery the broadcast tape five minutes before the broadcast start with SoulTaker, so... Directors that can't control the schedule isn't all that uncommon in the industry, Anno Hideaki is also famous for being absolutely sucked at schedule management.

Even though, in Bakemonogatari case, I don't think blame everything on him is the right thing; the studio and director signed a contract, production side (Aniplex for this, King Records for SZS) find the timeslot to broadcast, and when everything is settled and collision occurs, they can't just go "Hey, we can't do it in this season. Please cancel the timeslot." They're not that big.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 09:22   Link #93
suka-pon-tan

I got my BRD of volume 1. It has the character audio commentary on both episodes by Hitagi and Tsubasa, scripted by Nisio Ishin himself. And those were hilarious, I felt like a watchin new episode.That the character commentary is worth the price of the Disc alone.

My question is are people gonna sub those? and make thread about it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceO9v3BhrTY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovlF-IGBHkM
suka-pon-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 10:18   Link #94
zato_1one

I feel jealous of those who can listen to Japanese.
Old 2009-10-02, 11:54   Link #95
Tubby

I really hope a group will sub the audio commentary.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 13:54   Link #96
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Yea, that and Atogatari.
Old 2009-10-06, 19:54   Link #97
Clarste
Human

Are there any visual differences? Fixed scenes and better animation or the like? I remember people anticipating that.
Old 2009-10-07, 01:49   Link #98
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Are there any visual differences? Fixed scenes and better animation or the like? I remember people anticipating that.
Yes, the animation is more fluid, more detailed. The random coloured frames were basically all replaced by actual animation. They changed some little things here and there. I've watched portions of episode 1 and episode 2 and one can definitely tell the difference. The ending in both episodes is the one we're used to (the big white representation of Hitagi in the background), which means it wasn't ready when the anime started. Also, in episode 2 the ending is the full 1:30 version, it starts after the episode ends, and not while the episode is ending like in the tv broadcasting.

Here some screen caps of the comparison from a japanese blog.
Old 2009-10-07, 23:51   Link #99
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Yes, the animation is more fluid, more detailed. The random coloured frames were basically all replaced by actual animation. They changed some little things here and there. I've watched portions of episode 1 and episode 2 and one can definitely tell the difference. The ending in both episodes is the one we're used to (the big white representation of Hitagi in the background), which means it wasn't ready when the anime started. Also, in episode 2 the ending is the full 1:30 version, it starts after the episode ends, and not while the episode is ending like in the tv broadcasting.

Here some screen caps of the comparison from a japanese blog.
Just to make sure I following this right. It means the dvd release has like improved quality compared to what we have now? the DVD will be like a v2

Does it mean later on down the track we can just aquire the dvd version if we want the better quality episodes.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 00:11   Link #100
Clarste
Human

The DVDs always have higher quality for almost every series. And yes, you can buy them later if you like (or otherwise acquire them). They don't come with subtitles though.

Tags
q&a