AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-04, 19:14   Link #61
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Hey so, while we're off topic....wth is a "Kiss-Shot". Sounds like some kind of bullet gone off the mark. Admittedly I don't keep up with all the lingo you young whipper snappers do, but this one is new to me...
Old 2010-08-04, 19:26   Link #62
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Hey so, while we're off topic....wth is a "Kiss-Shot". Sounds like some kind of bullet gone off the mark. Admittedly I don't keep up with all the lingo you young whipper snappers do, but this one is new to me...
Shinobu's real name back when she was a vampire was "Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade", needless to say referring to her as just "Kiss-shot" is much easier

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 19:55   Link #63
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
Shinobu's real name back when she was a vampire was "Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade", needless to say referring to her as just "Kiss-shot" is much easier
I see, thanks for the answer! That explains why I was never feared during my years as a vampire, not enough syllables in my name!

*ahem* Moving on.......
Old 2010-08-04, 20:09   Link #64
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I dunno about Aya-something' but I'd prefer a seductive voice for adult Kiss-shot, and I don't think she can do it.

They can keep her for loli Kiss-shot I guess.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 03:03   Link #65
Fukutsuki_kaze
The Ominous Winds

OAV into Koyomi's Spring break and going all Vamped out?

Hell yes!

Looks pretty epic from what the beginning of ep1 or Bakemonogatari showed us!

~Senjougahara Hitagi, bakemonogatari
Fukutsuki_kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 03:11   Link #66
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

1st OAV will consist entirely of pantyshot, slowmotion, fastmotion, superslowmotion, multiple angles, multiple heights, distances.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 03:11   Link #67
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Well, I don't think you guys need to worry much about Aya voicing Kiss-Shot: I doubt she'll ever get another role after this. (Link NSFW)
The worst part about this is if another VA is giving the Kiss Shot role (with SHAFT keeping Aya as Shinobu for Nisemonogatari) than these otaku are going to act like it was because of them.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 10:16   Link #68
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
Wow is that a long name. That explains why Araragi called Shinobu 'heat under blade' in the first episode.
Old 2010-09-26, 06:47   Link #69
redgrnbluylw

sorry to change the topic, but this seemed newsworthy:

Two Bakemonogatari key animation originals have apparently been stolen from the ufotable exhibition that finished earlier this month. The exhibition was otherwise successful, but it seems that a break-in occurred in the middle of the night on Sep 7th, at which time the two pictures went missing.

They're requesting that the thief/thieves return the pictures, which are important materials for further Bakemono-related merchandise.

Also, this isn't the first time something like this has happened. According to someone on 2ch, something (a set-up file?) from Kara no Kyoukai has apparently been stolen before.

But the main thing is, I wonder how this will affect the production of Kizumonogatari???

(originally posted in the bakemonogatari general thread by karice67 and zato_1one)

Last edited by redgrnbluylw; 2010-09-27 at 14:05.
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 09:12   Link #70
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^
er...why are you simply reposting something I (and zato_1one) posted in the Bakemonogatari general thread?

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 12:57   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that I think about it, shouldn't this thread be in the Bakemonogatari sub-forum?
Old 2010-09-26, 12:59   Link #72
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Now that I think about it, shouldn't this thread be in the Bakemonogatari sub-forum?
But then newcomers wouldn't know that Kizu is an upcoming anime at a glance. I assume Kizu will be merged into the subforum, and the subforum will be returned to Current Series when Kizu starts.

Sucks about those animation originals being stolen. I'm kinda confused why they didn't just bring copies or lock the originals up really well, though.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 18:05   Link #73
redgrnbluylw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post

Sucks about those animation originals being stolen. I'm kinda confused why they didn't just bring copies or lock the originals up really well, though.
Hmm... Well, I think it's possible that even though the drawings on display were stolen, there may be some other copies kept elsewhere.

It did not seem to be such a catastrophic problem, since they only "requested" the drawings to be returned. I'm not sure if I'm right, but it's just a speculation.
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 13:50   Link #74
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
I dunno about Aya-something' but I'd prefer a seductive voice for adult Kiss-shot, and I don't think she can do it. They can keep her for loli Kiss-shot I guess.
I disagree. Watch Hirano Aya as Layla in NANA.

I also disagree with the widespread "never get any more roles" idea mentioned by Kaisos Eranon. She is in three popular continuing shows right now, and even if many Japanese otaku have long hated her, producers seem to like her well enough. That's because they think she is a good seiyuu, whereas some Japanese otaku don't have broad enough taste to realize it. Miyano Mamoru continues to get roles even after his shotgun wedding. And Yukana, despite many rumors.

We'll see, but I think Hirano's multiplying appearances on Japanese TV variety and interview shows probably make her a hotter property than before. I could be wrong, but I don't think Aya's admissions that she has had several lovers, all older than she, is going to do much to reduce her saleability. It's up to her if she wants to take relatively poorly-paying seiyuu jobs or relatively better-paying idol/personality work.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 13:57   Link #75
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

I agree. Aya as Layla was definitely her best role.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 14:17   Link #76
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
I'm just going to go out on a limb and say this...

Shizuka Itou should be voicing her. Although I'm fine with Aya, really.

I agree with the things said by Kaoru, however, (and as a Lucky Star and Haruhi fan) am inclined to agree based on that, as well.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 01:33   Link #77
tsunade666

why was Hirano Aya hated by japanese otaku? I think her voicing was fine.
Old 2010-10-01, 08:05   Link #78
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
why was Hirano Aya hated by japanese otaku? I think her voicing was fine.
Because she like old guys, so otaku's dream for fapping is now gone.

but, is she really going to voice Kiss-shot?... I don't know. I thought she pretty much given up seiyuu career for now.
Old 2010-10-04, 09:14   Link #79
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I also wish that a more mature sounding VA did Kiss-shot. I mean Hirano Aya is good for imature, hyperactive teenage girls that (as of recently) are into rich older people
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 11:34   Link #80
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Because she like old guys, so otaku's dream for fapping is now gone.
And I thought people have always been hating her since, well, Lucky Star?
Not just Japanese otaku, seems like people here also hate her. I just don't know why.