AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-09-11, 01:05   Link #441
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
I'd not say so, google " gray leather armor" and you will see that the color on GS armor is actually nothing unusual, the only issues I have with it is that some part of the armor seem too thick to be leather
i googled it and still not even close to his armor, is so hard to accept which somehow they did a "wrong collor choice in the armor"???, it's not just becuase is white but how it's shiny no matter how "gray or white" a leather armor is she can't be emissive as metal, which was one of the problem i'm studing in game develop and art style and even send a mail with a picture to my professor which is a "professional artist and he also say which that armor don't really looks like a leather, the guy take the famous artistic liberty on that armor but still wrong specially the color and how too much "shiny" it is, leather is not that emissive as the draw is making it look.

and another note to be pratical many armors during mediavel where common to be "mixed" metal with leather, you could have a armor with both steel and leather, some "leather armor" where made with some metal parts in the most important places like part of chest and arms to reforce the protection, it was used more for the light army, while the heavy was the one to use the full steel armor, like cavalry, leather armor was more common for archers and "hunters" which needed a better mobility, but the ones which normally go to the front lines normally used more reforced armors, which normally lead to padded or reforced leather armors or to chain armors and in the "cavalry and "knight" the most heavy armor which was the pull plate armors.

gs armor looks like a mixed armor, with some parts of leather, some of steel and some chain.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-09-11 at 01:22.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 01:51   Link #442
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i googled it and still not even close to his armor, is so hard to accept which somehow they did a "wrong collor choice in the armor"???, it's not just becuase is white but how it's shiny no matter how "gray or white" a leather armor is she can't be emissive as metal, which was one of the problem i'm studing in game develop and art style and even send a mail with a picture to my professor which is a "professional artist and he also say which that armor don't really looks like a leather, the guy take the famous artistic liberty on that armor but still wrong specially the color and how too much "shiny" it is, leather is not that emissive as the draw is making it look.

and another note to be pratical many armors during mediavel where common to be "mixed" metal with leather, you could have a armor with both steel and leather, some "leather armor" where made with some metal parts in the most important places like part of chest and arms to reforce the protection, it was used more for the light army, while the heavy was the one to use the full steel armor, like cavalry, leather armor was more common for archers and "hunters" which needed a better mobility, but the ones which normally go to the front lines normally used more reforced armors, which normally lead to padded or reforced leather armors or to chain armors and in the "cavalry and "knight" the most heavy armor which was the pull plate armors.

gs armor looks like a mixed armor, with some parts of leather, some of steel and some chain.
Agree, though in my view, the color is less of an issues than it shape, For once, I'm pretty sure it chest plate an the Helmet is near impossible with Leather for it to be that thick, The helmet in particular, I don't see much point in a leather Helmet over the steel one, the bit about the mixed armor is perfectly true though
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 03:06   Link #443
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I could be wrong, but didn't GS explained earlier in the series that he uses leather armor to muffle the noise?

A bit surprised there's a mail shirt beneath it, aren't those a bit noisy with all the rings clinking against each other?
Old 2017-09-11, 05:07   Link #444
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I could be wrong, but didn't GS explained earlier in the series that he uses leather armor to muffle the noise?

A bit surprised there's a mail shirt beneath it, aren't those a bit noisy with all the rings clinking against each other?
If you wear soft clothes under the chain mail, it's fine the cloth would absorb most of the shock the sound is minimal
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 08:19   Link #445
moridin84
Custom User Title

The light novel says that he wears leather armor. The illustrations were drawn specifically for the light novel. Them creating an illustration of him wearing metal armor when the light novel says that he is wearing leather armor makes no sense at all.

One explanation is that the people who did the light novel illustrations and manga are bloody crazy. The other explanation is that the seemingly metal pieces are supposed to be gray pieces of hardened leather.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 14:30   Link #446
Hata
時の異邦人

year one promo

page 01

GS

my new avatar candidate
Old 2017-09-13, 18:26   Link #447
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The murder boner is strong in this one kid.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 20:22   Link #448
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

GS's new helmet makes him really looks like a demon.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 21:33   Link #449
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
GS's new helmet makes him really looks like a demon.
you mean the horned one? That's his current helmet but the horns got chopped off. You can see the remains on the sides.
Old 2017-09-14, 03:15   Link #450
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I think he need a new helmet though since he can be look like a demon when wearing helmet with horn. Goblins could dubbed him as Demon Goblin if he have horns on his helmet. Still, it's too bad that it was chopped off.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 05:00   Link #451
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I think he need a new helmet though since he can be look like a demon when wearing helmet with horn. Goblins could dubbed him as Demon Goblin if he have horns on his helmet. Still, it's too bad that it was chopped off.
Horns might limit his mobility in caves though, so he probably left it that way. Sides, that red eyes of his is more than enough to scares the shut out any goblins.
Old 2017-09-14, 08:43   Link #452
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Horns on a helmet are a terrible idea since someone can grab them and use it to bring you down or make it easy to knock if off your head.
Old 2017-09-14, 09:45   Link #453
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Horns on a helmet are a terrible idea since someone can grab them and use it to bring you down or make it easy to knock if off your head.
People's heads are pretty high up you know? They should also make it harder to attack your head since the horns could block some attacks depending on the direction.

Well, they probably aren't a good reason but there are benefits.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 11:56   Link #454
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
People's heads are pretty high up you know? They should also make it harder to attack your head since the horns could block some attacks depending on the direction.

Well, they probably aren't a good reason but there are benefits.
The benefits is actually minor, but big disadvantage Martial arts in Medieval Era, where the soldiers use a lot of grappling and hook techniques, horn helmet is very bad idea. Image that you are fighting and enemies use poleaxe with a hook blade pull your horns, or the enemies put the spears/polearms to the space between your helmet and horns and then press down. That is the reason, most of European style helmets were made with least structure that can be hook or grappled. Against golins is more bad idea, since in battles of light novel, many cases that goblin jump of to the back of warriors, if they grap the helmet and pinning it with helmet, the warriors will be very big trouble, that is as same as South East Asian people used to take down the Water Buffalo.

Last edited by Panzercracker; 2017-09-14 at 12:07.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 13:37   Link #455
Twi

Plus, if gives a goblin a grip to pull on, like if one gets on his shoulders. It pulls those and either the helmet comes off or his neck is shown and a knife follows.
Old 2017-09-14, 18:55   Link #456
Waxman

I doubt many goblins survived to tell stories of GS but if any did how much more terrifying if there were nothing special about him, as in any human in armor may be this demon.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 23:44   Link #457
WERERABBIT
Alpha

What if a goblin did survive and became the Goblin Slayer...Slayer.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2017-09-15 at 08:35.
WERERABBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-15, 09:44   Link #458
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERERABBIT View Post
What if a goblin did survive and became the Goblin Slayer...Slayer.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That goblin will be as badass as Styx.

Spoiler for Styx:
Old 2017-09-15, 17:27   Link #459
WERERABBIT
Alpha

Plot twist it is Styx
WERERABBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-15, 22:08   Link #460
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERERABBIT View Post
Plot twist it is Styx
I Can't image what how the battle will be look like if Goblin Slayer against Styx

Tags
dark fantasy, mature content