AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-02, 23:07   Link #501
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Spoiler for huge flirt:
^ That reminds me, how will Ema reacts when she knows that Playmaker is just a highschool kid? I mean, she being a grown up woman and all (she seems to be at Akira's age). For example, in Garo, the older love interest knows from the get-go how young the MC is before engaging in some flirting. Here, Ema doesn't know. So...unless Ema has a tiny bit of a cougar in her, there's a chance that she'll be either disappointed or even more impressed by Yusaku. It can go either way or maybe she'll just be "eh, okay then" with it. It should be interesting.
Old 2017-09-02, 23:45   Link #502
Malicre

Doesn't really matter in the long run, pairings never go anywhere in yugioh.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 23:58   Link #503
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
I'm not really talking about pairing or shipping in this case. I mainly just want to see Ema's reaction when she knows Playmakers's real identity .
Old 2017-09-03, 00:21   Link #504
PhoenixRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ That reminds me, how will Ema reacts when she knows that Playmaker is just a highschool kid? I mean, she being a grown up woman and all (she seems to be at Akira's age). For example, in Garo, the older love interest knows from the get-go how young the MC is before engaging in some flirting. Here, Ema doesn't know. So...unless Ema has a tiny bit of a cougar in her, there's a chance that she'll be either disappointed or even more impressed by Yusaku. It can go either way or maybe she'll just be "eh, okay then" with it. It should be interesting.
I think Ema's general reaction will probably be surprise, but not that surprised. I'm sure she already has a rough estimate of Playmaker's age just from reviewing their conversations and videos.
She has good deductive skills, so she's probably already deduced that Playmaker is young. It's just that she won't be entirely sure how young he is.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 07:34   Link #505
Fairy Water

The younger the boy, the easier for Emma to flirt
I'm not worry too much about the age different.
They r all hackers to begin with so both of them r qualified to go to jail together anyway
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 23:55   Link #506
Roxis
Grumpy poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
Exactly, EmmaxPlaymer will obsolete in mid way sooner or not.
Old 2017-09-05, 12:19   Link #507
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't know about "not going anywhere". I mean, wasn't YuyaXYuzu a canon thing? As well as some of the other Yuyas with the other Yuzus.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 16:19   Link #508
elior

Spoiler for episode 18 and 19 titles and summerys:
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-06, 10:02   Link #509
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So much burn!!!

Yeah, they made Blue Angel the star of this episode while Yusaku only got the second billing. But it's also clear that they wanted to save Yusaku for the next batch of episodes since it will be the start of the emotional (at least for Yusaku) reveal of the incident (while inserting some TCG in it, of course ).

Btw, IIRC Playmaker's new monster, Vector Scale Demon's attack (Diabolic Spin) is a little nod to Kamen Rider Knight's rider kick (Final Vent):
It's around the 00:41 marker
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-09-06, 12:21   Link #510
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Action packed episode. I wonder why Akira is suddenly challenging Playmaker.

Although I'm more interested in the kind of deck he uses. I didn't think he was the dueling type.
Old 2017-09-06, 15:02   Link #511
ImperialFlameGod8190

This was definitely something though the preview of the next few episodes is at least decent

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 09:33   Link #512
Fairy Water

well new ep is so intense it's like everyone is pouring out their frustration and Yusaku is ultra pissed this time cause
#1, Akira blocks his way
#2, He was used by Emma
#3, Akira knows no shit about him
Old 2017-09-13, 11:44   Link #513
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Animation took a bit of a dive this episode. The character movements are stiff and there's a number of derpy faces.

Oh btw, that Bitlooper & Cyberse Gadget are definitely a shout out to the Gundam franchise. I mean, those two got summoned side-by-side almost at the same time where one looks like an SD Gundam while the other one has a glowing mono-eye on the helmet-like head. There's no way that it's a coincidence. Those are definitely a nod to (SD?) Gundam & Zaku

Oh, and going back to my previous post above, Ema finally knows that Yusaku is at Aoi's age even though it's through Akira's guess (which pretty much right on the money). It's too bad that I don't see her reaction, or she probably didn't really give a shit about it just like one of my predictions.
Old 2017-09-13, 13:18   Link #514
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know, it took me until this episode to even realise that Akira is actually a very odd take on the Kaiba archetype.
Old 2017-09-13, 13:46   Link #515
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

After watching this episode, all I can is wow! I really liked the point when Yusaku and his friend proclaimed to Zaizen that he knows nothing about them.

Great duel so far. And good job for making a Flip-Effect deck look awesome on the show. I loved the way that Hound Dog attacked Yusaku's monster. It reminds me of Venom or Carnage from Marvel.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 20:28   Link #516
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You know, it took me until this episode to even realise that Akira is actually a very odd take on the Kaiba archetype.
You mean a not-the-boss-of-his-company Kaiba with Jounouchi's love for his sister and without the card wangst?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
I loved the way that Hound Dog attacked Yusaku's monster. It reminds me of Venom or Carnage from Marvel.
Akira's Tindangle archetype is actually derived from Hounds of Tindalos that live in the "angles of time". Hence the "Tindangle" name. They're more or less Eldritch Abominations from Lovecraftian horrors.
Old 2017-09-13, 23:08   Link #517
Fairy Water

^ apparently Kaiba also has a soft spot for his brother too, Mokuba were what drove him to become better.
Old 2017-09-14, 11:45   Link #518
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Quote:
You mean a not-the-boss-of-his-company Kaiba with Jounouchi's love for his sister and without the card wangst?

Akira's Tindangle archetype is actually derived from Hounds of Tindalos that live in the "angles of time". Hence the "Tindangle" name. They're more or less Eldritch Abominations from Lovecraftian horrors.
And this is why I still love the lore of the card game. Ever since the beginning, and in many recent years, the cardgame designers have pulled and borrowed from themes of our cultures, religions, beliefs, stories, and creations.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 12:48   Link #519
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
And this is why I still love the lore of the card game. Ever since the beginning, and in many recent years, the cardgame designers have pulled and borrowed from themes of our cultures, religions, beliefs, stories, and creations.
Too bad with this series they've pretty much ripped the mythology and thematic elements from them for shiny, more tech-like suits and parts and made the show machine.deck-v-.
Old 2017-09-15, 16:44   Link #520
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Like I said, it's a very odd take on the archetype. He still has all the orphan-rags-to-riches thing as well as a strong devotion to a younger sibling.

Tags
card game, yu-gi-oh! series