Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-19, 10:22   Link #61
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
Really? i thought it was quite bad, i mean her normal talking is perfectly fine but when she cry she sound so fake like a little kid pretending to cry and super whiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
really? I think her normal voice is too whiny and it only works when she's sobbing
her voice is the only thing that keeps me watching. Maybe I'm just weird
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 10:44   Link #62
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
Huh? Other than the guy and maybe the ghost girl, no one else has any claim whatsoever.
They all have claims now that the landlady made them sign for it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 11:04   Link #63
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Which is kinda stupid since the one who pays for it is the MC and the ghost haunts the place, the others just showed up a started claiming it was theirs except Yurika who just wants to be able to protect it from being used by some bad guys.

@bones, clarste

It's not that they have to take care of her but at least remember that she exists, they made food for eveyone except her knowing what happened to her food, it's more about being at least considerate than just simply being an asshole to someone for no reason, since out of all of them she seems to be the only one with pure intentions.

2 of them are on a conquest spree, the ghost just wants the place to her self and the MC is only fighting for the place because it's a cheap rental, Yurika only wants to defend the place from bad guys who's to say that after acomplishing her mission she wouldn't just go back to where she came from? The others plans are more permanent than hers.
Old 2014-07-19, 11:20   Link #64
bones

^ 2 episodes are not enough to judge their motives so I'm going to hold off on that because the one with the purest motive may not be the magical girl.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 13:06   Link #65
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No idea how it runs in japan, but if a flat is rented out several times the one who got it transferred first becomes the rightful owner.
Since the ghost girl was in there without paying rent or being aknowledged as existance at all it is still the guys flat.

The Alien's claim is especially stupid, because the landlady herself doesn't own the territory. De facto she could easily win by going to the japanese government saying its an embassy from now on. lol

And I agree with bones, there is no way to know their intentions yet (other than the MCs).

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-07-19 at 14:15. Reason: removed spoiler
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 14:06   Link #66
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
No idea how it runs in japan, but if a flat is rented out several times the one who got it transferred first becomes the rightful owner.
Since the ghost girl was in there without paying rent or being aknowledged as existance at all it is still the guys flat.
Nice. Let me try.

MC's claim is valid since he's the one paying rent, and he was the one who rented it from the owner, the landlady, who presumably had title over the land/building.

Ghost girl's claim is not valid. Ghosts are not even considered as persons or entities who can own property.

Cosplay shoujo doesn't claim the property, she merely wants the occupants to evacuate since she thinks it's about to become a battleground due to other magical girls coming to take over the area. She did get sidetracked trying to make the MC recognize her as a legit magical girl though.

Mole girl's claim might also be valid. If she can prove that the site used to belong to her people, and present evidence that they did occupy the area before everyone else, then she could claim title over it.

Alien princess' purpose is to claim over the area and make the intelligent life forms there swear loyalty to her. Unless the holy galactic empire or whatever is recognized as a legitimate country, she can't claim the area as an embassy under international law. I might be wrong but I also think it's not possible for a country to just choose which plot of land they would want as an embassy. Also, that doesn't solve her problem of making the occupants swear loyalty to her.

All in all, the corona convention legitimized everyone's claim over the room, since the title owner recognized each parties' claim over it. It also only provided that the issue be resolved in a peaceful manner. In effect, any other recourse they might have had with third parties are also waived, since the convention is binding to everyone who signed it.
Old 2014-07-19, 15:08   Link #67
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Nice. Let me try.

MC's claim is valid since he's the one paying rent, and he was the one who rented it from the owner, the landlady, who presumably had title over the land/building.

Ghost girl's claim is not valid. Ghosts are not even considered as persons or entities who can own property.
Fully agreed.

Quote:
Cosplay shoujo doesn't claim the property, she merely wants the occupants to evacuate since she thinks it's about to become a battleground due to other magical girls coming to take over the area. She did get sidetracked trying to make the MC recognize her as a legit magical girl though.
We don't know what she wants and why yet.

Quote:
Mole girl's claim might also be valid. If she can prove that the site used to belong to her people, and present evidence that they did occupy the area before everyone else, then she could claim title over it.
They abandoned it several hundred years ago, they got not claim at all.

Quote:
Alien princess' purpose is to claim over the area and make the intelligent life forms there swear loyalty to her. Unless the holy galactic empire or whatever is recognized as a legitimate country, she can't claim the area as an embassy under international law. I might be wrong but I also think it's not possible for a country to just choose which plot of land they would want as an embassy. Also, that doesn't solve her problem of making the occupants swear loyalty to her.
@ international law
Galactic empire, which will probably get accepted
if not see next.

@choosing embassy location
I'm certain plasma cannons with at least frontal shielding appearing from the sky is enough of a persuasion.

@Occupants
They'd get evicted by the government so there are none at all.

Quote:
All in all, the corona convention legitimized everyone's claim over the room, since the title owner recognized each parties' claim over it. It also only provided that the issue be resolved in a peaceful manner. In effect, any other recourse they might have had with third parties are also waived, since the convention is binding to everyone who signed it.
Again I don't know about Japan, but

- Not everything you sign is legal
- not everything you sign is valid

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-07-19, 15:21   Link #68
klezz

Hi all, first post and all, but just wanted to say something about this since it looks like not a lot of people have read the novels.

Unfortunately to those who didn't follow the novels, the anime will start off like a generic harem anime.(and truth to be told, it is a harem at core) There are hints for things to come everywhere but it's easily lost if you haven't read the novel. The tone of the novel is easy-going and light-hearted and I think the anime is sticking to that.

As someone who liked the novel it's better then expected but not brilliant, and it's probably going to stay that way for at least half a season. It's going to be a rocky ride for the most of us who stick around, and I don't know if the later half will get good enough.
klezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 15:30   Link #69
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
We don't know what she wants and why yet.
True, I based that one on ep1 and 2.

Quote:
They abandoned it several hundred years ago, they got not claim at all.
Maybe. She did say it was lost but it will depend on what proof she'll provide. We don't know how big that underground cavern is, for all we know their entire city is located under corona-sou.

Quote:
@ international law
Galactic empire, which will probably get accepted if not see next.
It will be a long process, by then the princess' test would have been marked as "failed".

Quote:
@choosing embassy location
I'm certain plasma cannons with at least frontal shielding appearing from the sky is enough of a persuasion.
If we assume the convention as binding, then that would not be allowed. If it's not, then yes, brute force might make her win, unless the assistant stops her.

Quote:
@Occupants
They'd get evicted by the government so there are none at all.

I'm guessing it's valid if they're already gone, but passing the test because of that would not be acceptable, since ultimately she failed to make the occupant(s) swear loyalty to her.

Quote:
Again I don't know about Japan, but

- Not everything you sign is legal
- not everything you sign is valid
It is generally accepted all over the world, I guess even in japan, that an agreement entered into by the parties freely would be valid and binding if there's nothing wrong with it. It's not the act of signing, it's the act of giving consent to be bound by a set of rules.

One could argue that they signed the convention under duress, but seeing that the signatories, one of which is intangible, another magical, yet another with advanced technology and one with overpowered alien technology, the landlady isn't much of a threat to them, so the only one who could opt out of the convention is the MC.
Old 2014-07-19, 18:28   Link #70
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Maybe. She did say it was lost but it will depend on what proof she'll provide. We don't know how big that underground cavern is, for all we know their entire city is located under corona-sou.
And even then the Japanese Government dares to disagree, even if they would have been there before.
De facto they look like being a part of the japanese population that randomly decided to live underground.

Quote:
It will be a long process, by then the princess' test would have been marked as "failed".
We aren't talking about an naval fortress near the british coast claiming to be a country, we are talking about a galactic empire probably consisting of several 100 planets.
Also being recognised as a country is mostly declaratory.

The point with Sealand claiming to be a country is that pretty much no one at all recognises them. The way they declared themself a country was de-facto excluded for the future.

Quote:
If we assume the convention as binding, then that would not be allowed. If it's not, then yes, brute force might make her win, unless the assistant stops her.
Actually the Convention doesn't forbid you to exert pressure (as seen in EP 2). I'd go as far as to say that it doesn't include other parties at all.

Quote:
I'm guessing it's valid if they're already gone, but passing the test because of that would not be acceptable, since ultimately she failed to make the occupant(s) swear loyalty to her.
She will fail at it no matter what, then because the actual 'occupant' is the Country of Japan.

Quote:
It is generally accepted all over the world, I guess even in japan, that an agreement entered into by the parties freely would be valid and binding if there's nothing wrong with it. It's not the act of signing, it's the act of giving consent to be bound by a set of rules.
(~ Again the no idea about japan notice)

Actually no.
My own rent contract for example has several passages like having to give my landlord a key to the flat that are neither allowed nor valid.

The solution is not that the entire contract isn't valid but that the contract itself is deemed valid while said passages count as not stipulated.

Quote:
One could argue that they signed the convention under duress, but seeing that the signatories, one of which is intangible, another magical, yet another with advanced technology and one with overpowered alien technology, the landlady isn't much of a threat to them, so the only one who could opt out of the convention is the MC.
Yeah first off I gotta correct myself: if someone rents out a flat at 2 people, the one who is in posession of it has the stronger position, not the one who got it transferred to first. (My head must have been at pawns there)

That is if the situation is like: A owns a flat, and the landlord rents it to b while A absent. In that case B would have the stronger position if he is inside the flat already. That assuming B didn't know that it was already rented.

Old 2014-07-20, 03:28   Link #71
kukuru

I have only one thing to say to this long running argument.

This problems of first world countries sure is nice.

Everyone has a legit claim because if the pact fails it becomes a total battleground. The End. Or don't people watch world news.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 08:46   Link #72
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
And even then the Japanese Government dares to disagree, even if they would have been there before.
De facto they look like being a part of the japanese population that randomly decided to live underground.
It all boils down to whatever proof they have to back up their claim to the area.

Quote:
We aren't talking about an naval fortress near the british coast claiming to be a country, we are talking about a galactic empire probably consisting of several 100 planets.
Also being recognised as a country is mostly declaratory.

The point with Sealand claiming to be a country is that pretty much no one at all recognises them. The way they declared themself a country was de-facto excluded for the future.
probably true, but in the end she'll still fail since there's an "intelligent life form" on the coordinates chosen by the computer, she still needs to make that life form swear loyalty to her.

Quote:
Actually the Convention doesn't forbid you to exert pressure (as seen in EP 2). I'd go as far as to say that it doesn't include other parties at all.
yep, I agree.

Quote:
She will fail at it no matter what, then because the actual 'occupant' is the Country of Japan.
if she declared the room to be hers before the MC rented it, there would have been no problem, if the coordinates chosen would have been an empty lot without anyone living on it, or a mountaintop, all she needed to do was declare that the territory was hers. She doesn't need to make the entire country covering that territory to swear loyalty to her, just those "intelligent life forms" on that particular coordinates.

Quote:
(~ Again the no idea about japan notice)

Actually no.
My own rent contract for example has several passages like having to give my landlord a key to the flat that are neither allowed nor valid.

The solution is not that the entire contract isn't valid but that the contract itself is deemed valid while said passages count as not stipulated.
we can't answer this one properly because I don't think we know anything about Japanese law

Quote:
Yeah first off I gotta correct myself: if someone rents out a flat at 2 people, the one who is in posession of it has the stronger position, not the one who got it transferred to first. (My head must have been at pawns there)

That is if the situation is like: A owns a flat, and the landlord rents it to b while A absent. In that case B would have the stronger position if he is inside the flat already. That assuming B didn't know that it was already rented.
I agree, since the MC is the only one who is renting the room, he has better claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
I have only one thing to say to this long running argument.

This problems of first world countries sure is nice.

Everyone has a legit claim because if the pact fails it becomes a total battleground. The End. Or don't people watch world news.
Good thing they're lovable lolis and not insane dictators or revolutionaries eh?
Old 2014-07-20, 10:29   Link #73
Eratas123

Alright, why does NO ONE see the ghost floating around? I know she acts like the MC seeing her is rare but everyone in the room plus the landlady can see her and they're no more 'qualified' than the MC is since one's not even human, so it makes even less sense that she can see the supernatural ghost. Even if they couldn't see the ghost he was talking out loud so it should have still garnered some stares.

Also, if Yurika really wants to prove she's a magician why doesn't she, I dunno, use her broom to fly like she did earlier? I can understand if the guy's just ripping on her but he seems to genuinely believe she's nothing but a cosplayer despite completely accepting the mole-people, ghost and alien as normal.

Lastly, from what I've seen on various comments why do people bitch that the main character's the one paying for the room? The episodes make it clear that apart from Yurika nobody actually lives in the room apart from him. The alien and the mole-girl go back home and the ghost doesn't consume or waste anything by being there so she doesn't count as expenses either. Hell mole-girl's actually pulling her weight given that she cooks and it's better that the food he's buying is cooked by an experience chef over a novice.
Old 2014-07-21, 11:43   Link #74
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Alright, why does NO ONE see the ghost floating around? I know she acts like the MC seeing her is rare but everyone in the room plus the landlady can see her and they're no more 'qualified' than the MC is since one's not even human, so it makes even less sense that she can see the supernatural ghost. Even if they couldn't see the ghost he was talking out loud so it should have still garnered some stares.

Also, if Yurika really wants to prove she's a magician why doesn't she, I dunno, use her broom to fly like she did earlier? I can understand if the guy's just ripping on her but he seems to genuinely believe she's nothing but a cosplayer despite completely accepting the mole-people, ghost and alien as normal.

Lastly, from what I've seen on various comments why do people bitch that the main character's the one paying for the room? The episodes make it clear that apart from Yurika nobody actually lives in the room apart from him. The alien and the mole-girl go back home and the ghost doesn't consume or waste anything by being there so she doesn't count as expenses either. Hell mole-girl's actually pulling her weight given that she cooks and it's better that the food he's buying is cooked by an experience chef over a novice.
ghost girl... probably goes back to the room, as it's got "large amounts of energy/magic"
They were inside the room when everyone saw her
As for talking out loud, people in anime (and most likely RL) talks to themselves all the time... nothing uncommon here

MagicGirl... maybe she forgot her broom and such.
Also, the MC actually look like he secretly believes her (from ep2 and how he's smirking behind the trees, and the part where GhostGirl talks to MC saying "your cosplay plan is backfiring")...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 21:37   Link #75
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

The extreme randomness took a backseat for episode 2. It was rather normal compared to the premiere episode. lol The only standout in the episode that's kinda random is the fact that everyone transferred into his class. lol

Poor Yurika, always getting the short end of the stick. Wow, she's really the underdog of the group.

Sanae is more or less neutral.

Kiriha is the tactician of the group. Very calculating indeed.

Thiea is also a tactician, but not at Kiriha's level.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 23:07   Link #76
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

My prediction for the last episode
Spoiler:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 05:29   Link #77
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I love how Yurika suddenly make a comeback...
I thought she would be unlucky for the rest of her life
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 06:49   Link #78
rickadams
Yggdrasil DJ

As usual, the alien script flying around the alien girl is a substitution code. Figuring things like this out is a little hobby of mine. ("Theiamillis Gre Fortorthe" is her full name.)
Old 2014-07-22, 07:29   Link #79
tsunade666

^how do you even try to decode that?
Old 2014-07-22, 07:47   Link #80
rickadams
Yggdrasil DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^how do you even try to decode that?
At worst you have to deduce the substitution via letter frequencies, but this one was pretty simple in that many of the symbols roughly match their counterparts ("M" and "I" for example). I guessed "Yes my master" first, saw the s, m and y's matched up and figured I was on the right track. "Infiltration camera" was pretty easy (just LOOK at it, "camera" is obvious). I worked my way from there.

So it's similar to the Aquarion EVOL script, which really was easily readable as english letters if you merely squinted your eyes a bit. The script in Dog Days and Ano Natsu was more difficult.

Since it was a substitution code for GERMAN, the script in Madoka Magica was even more crazy difficult than that (I had nothing to do with that effort, my German-fu being nil).