AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-04-16, 10:22   Link #61
shiro83

You can view the link in my signature to find out what I am watching currently or finished watching...
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 11:21   Link #62
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

following about 8 series rite now

watching various finished stuff also... finished Ghost Hunt and Busou Renkin recently

its not hard to follow series since its only 1 ep a week, total about 3-4 hrs

i download a lot of finished stuff and just store in my HD, since i can finish 26 ep in 1-3 days on avg if i'm not doing anything. I usually wait till i know i wont do anything for 3 days to start a series, otherwise i wont enjoy myself going out with friends since i wanna find out wats gonna happen next for the series i would be watching lol
Old 2007-04-16, 11:32   Link #63
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Last year I hardly kept up with any anime (mostly just manga). Then I discovered this website. I think currently I have about 8 series I'm watching as they come out, though that number is expected to change based on my interest in titles my eye catches. Because most of the shows I used to watch come on at obscene hours due to my time zone, I've pretty much given up on television in favor of torrents and dvds.

I don't find a huge problem in my watching so much anime, but perhaps I should rethink my schedule on viewing it. I'm just lucky my math teacher is so lenient on late work. >.>
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 23:21   Link #64
jianfish
Looking for something

I am more or less catching up on old animes. Mostly those that have been highly recommended but I have yet to see. Currently I am sort of on vacation waiting for my university to start so I am pretty free at the moment. I can basically wake up, watch anime, sleep, wake up, watch anime, sleep. You get the idea.

Currently watching Honey & Clover, Shakugan no Shana, Mushishi. Finished NGE, AMG 1 & 2, Elfen lied recently.

Probably when I start school, I'll just cut down to a couple of episodes a week and not start digging up old animes to watch. Bleach should run for a while more and hopefully something like School Rumble 3 and Initial D stage 5 will be coming out. Probably one episode a night is ideal. Have to take into account some occasional manga reading as well.
jianfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 02:56   Link #65
shoggoth80

"its the whole bit torrent
its just so easy, now there are so many fansub groups its just click click dl and you have lots to watch
before you would have to trade tapes or use irc/newsgroups which was a lot of work"

I'll agree with that. It doesn't take as much effort to obtain subs anymore. I think there is an element of interaction, and connections with other fans that gets lost with the convenience of digital fansubs. Then again, that could be part of the reason why forums such as this one exist (at least by my own perceptions). It's an odd toss up: ease of availability or networking with other fans. It isn't one OR the other... but both...somewhere things I think have to have a relative balance in order for the hobby to stay alive.

Granted this large scale availability has made watching anime, even many different shows much easier. I know I have started watching a LOT more fansubs once I got a decent internet connection. I tend to follow 2-3 shows actively. But I tend to suffer from the same sort of behavior. If something is really long running, I'll pick up on something shorter, or a movie to hold my attention for a bit. I haven't watched Bleach since episode 95, and I was really enjoying that show.

Now I am currently watching Captain Harlock, Rose of Versailles, and the Heroic Legend of Arslan. If you count the anime movies/feature lengthsm that ups the count by another 3. If you count stuff that just came out: Darker than Black is on the list.

The short answer of course: Waaaay too much.
Nothing wrong with having a large collection, but one can only keep up with so much at once I think.
shoggoth80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 02:56   Link #66
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Lost my count...

What i still remember is i started my life as an otaku since high school 10th grade...
Mostly i'd watch a lot of bishoujo shows... counting up it fills my drive with 200gb of anime i've downloaded... not to mention anime i've backed up into DVD piling up my desk...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 17:51   Link #67
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I can't remember when I first got into anime. It's been a while. ^^;

How much anime I watch really depends on what's going on IRL, though I will say that I prefer to watch them in bulk. I'll go a couple days without watching anything, then see how much I've downloaded in that time. If it's a good number, usually I'll sit down and spend a few hours watching all of it. If there isn't much, I often just wait a few more days. Lately though I've been waiting a week or two (instead of just a couple days) before watching everything.

I'm not so anal about watching anime the moment they come out because I give myself a lot of different things to do - aside from what's happening IRL, I do things that have to do with a series I like, such as translating the manga, making icons/avas, fawning over pictures of that hawt bishi in such-and-such show.. *coughs*

Oh yeah, and I'm following 11 series currently.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 00:11   Link #68
ibreatheanime

This sounds terrible, but I have a list of animes I am watching, ones I finished, and ones I need to watch. Currently I am working on around 28 series.

However these 28 series are series I have started and need to finish. for example I have started Neigma and watched some episodes, but I haven't watched it in a while(for about 2 months).
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 23:23   Link #69
AirGearFreak

I Wuv Anime !

COLOR="Magenta"]Lets see... The list of animes im done or currently watching :

-Deathnote (still watching)

-Bleach (still watching)

-Yakitate (Done)

-Air Master (Done)

-Great teacher Onizuka (Done)

-Naruto (still watching)

-Air Gear (still watching)

And i watch about.... 5-6 hours of anime per night. Ive started watching anime regularly for about 3 months now. All the anime's that are lsited above are amazing animes (I personally adored Death Note).[/COLOR]

Last edited by xris; 2007-09-06 at 15:35. Reason: Removed pointless image
AirGearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 23:45   Link #70
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
how much anime.. rofl
i always keep track with new series that come and go and usually pick from thm, meaning i watch 4 to 10 different series a week, however i also watch things i havent seen yet from before the time that i actually got into anime and i spend about 30 minutes to them a day, sometimes even 2 hours... total time.. i think 4 hours every 2 days
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 17:17   Link #71
TheAnswer
\/|\/|

Send a message via MSN to TheAnswer
Well currently I'm following/watching these:

Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto
Bleach
Bokurano
Chocotto Sister
Claymore
Code Geass (waiting for the last 2 eps)
Darker Than Black
Dancougar Nova
Death Note
D.Gray-man
El Cazador de la bruja
Gigantic Formula
Gintama
Hayate no Gotoku
Hellsing Ultimate
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
iDOLM@STER XENOGLOSSIA
Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny
Kaze no Stigma
Kekkaishi
Manabi Straight
Monster Princess
Murder Princess
Mushishi
Nagasarete Airantou
Naruto Shippuuden
Negima
OverDrive
Rocket Girls
Seto no Hanayame
Shining Tears X Wind
Shounen Onmyouji
Sola
Sisters of the Welber
Sumomomo Momomo
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
Today in Class 5-2
Tokimeki Memorial
Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou
Touka Getan
Toward the Terra

Its quite a big list but I should be finishing a lot of these soon :P
TheAnswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 17:46   Link #72
Midorii
Airborne Ranger

3 hours per day, 1 hour is dedicated to the old naruto episodes that i watch on tv every day , and the other two are to any other anime.
I hate when i realize i spend like 4 hours watching anime on one day , even though i enjoy it, i feel like i lost the day.That's why i don't what to get involved with any other anime, cause i know i'll be force to finish it.
I'm currently watching Bleach, Death Note, Naruto Shippuuden, and i finished watching Elfen Lide 3 weeks ago.
Midorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 12:42   Link #73
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
after lot of months off anime i decided to pick up one piece again where i left off (ep 60) and now i've got back into watchin anime, not as much as before though.

I follow bleach, naruto shippuuden, tokyo majin, and one piece. And im starting to watch older series when i have time like zoids and samurai 7
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 05:16   Link #74
ronaldhw
Otaku

Currently watching code geass, naruto shinpuden and bleach

*my signature shows them ^^, soon the project will be live
ronaldhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 08:38   Link #75
crazy cute
crazy cute

11 years but soon to be 12!
crazy cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 13:48   Link #76
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
How much Anime do you watch at a time?

I myself find that I can only concerntrate on one at a time. Just now i was wandering if I should try watching another Anime or not.... which got me wandering how much do you watch at a time.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 22:50   Link #77
Major1138

I tend to follow a handful of series (maybe 3-4) at any given time with varying degrees of interest. There will maybe be one series I follow closely, and the others I'll stick with because there's something about the series that I like, but not so much as to follow it closely. Plus the demands of my time in real life act as a limiter as well.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 22:51   Link #78
anselfir
Style Über Alles

1 hour a week recently
Old 2007-09-06, 23:31   Link #79
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I will watch at least 3 eps. of every fansubbed series available every season, and from then I'll continue watching those that I find interesting. That can range anywhere between 2 to 10... actually that's a total lie, as I have no idea how many concurrent anime series I watch in one season. I can't give a min or a max number in the history of my viewing anime. Let's just say, it can be whole damn lot if there's a lot of anime that interests me in the current season.

Certainly I watch enough anime so that I recognize like 95% of the characters in the Saimoe tourney proper. What can I say, I'm a true class Otaku to the core.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 23:36   Link #80
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
A lot. 31 episodes last week, 78 the one before, 78, 97, 57.
neutralizer is offline   Reply With Quote