AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-05-05, 22:07   Link #1
TERRA Operative
D1-Aria Detected

Star Wars - Spectre Of Darkness

Well, a few mates of mine and I have been working on an independent Star Wars fan film in our spare time for the past year and a half, and have finally released a trailer.
Titled 'Spectre of Darkness', it is set in the time of the Old Republic, approx. 4000 years before the current Star Wars and amongst the timeline of the Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR) video games. We hope to release the completed movie by the end of the year.

The teaser was released at the Supanova night on 14/4/07 at Warner Bros. Movie World on the Gold Coast (Australia) to a rather good reception (damn it's good having connections ), here is the link to the site.

www.spectreofdarkness.com

I am head of 3D graphics and special effects, so let me know what you think. It's only a teaser, so it's not as polished as the final production will be.

Here is a link to the hi-def version for those who don't like bittorrent.
Hi-Def Download (56Mb)

And a few mirrors:
Mirror01
Mirror02 (*.zip)
Mirror03

Let me know what you think!
TERRA Operative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 19:26   Link #2
shoggoth80

Cool.
How are you doing in terms of production? The rotoscoping on the sabers looks pretty good. I had to watch it without audio (no audio on the work computer), but hey, it's Star Wars, and a killer franchise... neat to see that others are that interested in it. Keeps it fresh.

When this gets a release, post!
shoggoth80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 22:03   Link #3
Lebron
I hear voices

Impressive, considering it's fan made. Will be interested in seeing the final version when you release it. Stupid question, but will it be for download(possibly free?), or will it be on DVD?
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 05:56   Link #4
TERRA Operative
D1-Aria Detected

It is completely fan made and funded. Release is stated for the end of the year. (we hope.......)

The release will be as a high and low quality download, much like the releases from many fansub groups with a full DVD ISO release with menu, behind the scenes etc etc as an option too.
Primary distribution will be bittorrent with direct download for as long as bandwidth allows.

What you see in the teaser is about a weeks worth of effects work. The final will be a lot better polished with HEAPS of effects and CG. (50 effects sequences and 80 or so 3D models for a 25 minute film, including full 3d sequences and 3D elements in live footage.... eek..)

I'll be sure to update as news is made available for release.
TERRA Operative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 05:23   Link #5
WTFOG

quite cool however the fights do not feel "i can really die in hereeeee". But the rest is absolutely fantastic.. lights, sabers etc also the atmosphere of starwars is in it. And i may say i am a fan of it ( btwi hate wookies with their terrible sound )

Goodluck :d
WTFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 13:20   Link #6
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I just watched the trailer, and I must say that it's pretty good, but it's just not to the point of saying "really" good. It's more or less just another fanfilm, undoubtedly good, but just not *great*.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, I've read most of the books (minus the Black Fleet Crisis and the Diversity Alliance), and so I definitely look forward to it. However, I can't help feeling that without George Lucas' vision, Star Wars films won't really be going anywhere.

And going with what WTFOG said, the fights seem kind of stiff and lack dynamic action. However, I felt the special effects were excellent. All the "light and magic" of the real ones. My only problem is, as I already said, the fighting that looked kind of slow and unexciting, as much as I hate to say it, given all the hard work that's been put into this production. Keep working on it, and I promise that it will be amazing!
Old 2007-05-12, 03:13   Link #7
Mike Rodrigues

SoD Fights

Hi

I am one of the producers/co-writer/fight choreographer/stunt co-ordinator and I also play the role of So'Ren Rae, the padawan in the film (the guy with the tatts). I am an actor, and currently work at Warner Bros. Movieworld playing various characters and am in the fight cast (I do martial art fight shows etc). Check out my showreel at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1N4CwoM-Ps or http://www.myspace.com/mikerodrigues

I just wanted to reply to a few things in regard to the teaser trailer - we chose the least exciting parts of the fights for the teaser. In fact when I saw the teaser for the first time I said to the director "hey, you didn't put any of the fight stuff in!". Our plan was not to show what goes on in the film as much as possible and knowing the content I think we did a pretty good job of that.... but it is only a "teaser". What you see of the fights in the teaser is nothing compared to the fights in the actual film. It is just snippets here and there, a hit now and again etc. I don't want to give anything away but you should see some pretty exciting fights in the film in some pretty crazy locations. Anyway, stay tuned for the full length trailer, it should show a bit more sets, cgi, fights/acrobatics/force powers etc.

thanks for your support!
Mike
Producer Spectre of Darkness

Last edited by Mike Rodrigues; 2007-05-12 at 03:15. Reason: spelling mistake
Mike Rodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 15:09   Link #8
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

^^ Oh, good, that's what I was hoping. If that's all there was, then ther'd be serious issues, since Star Wars, is 50% action, 50% storyline, and 50% awesome baddies. Well, that's what I look for in films, anyways. Keep up the good work!
Old 2007-05-13, 08:25   Link #9
WTFOG

getting more and more hope Hope it'll be better then the last movie produced of it ( number 3 ) because some parts of it really sucked.
Looking forward guys :d

cya
WTFOG is offline   Reply With Quote