Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
I think you played a PS2.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 06:14   Link #282
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
yeah, it's quite understandable to mistaken a ps2 rumble pad with a wireless ps3 controller.

except....do they even have wireless rumble pads for ps2? I don't remember seeing any....
Old 2007-01-13, 20:07   Link #283
Lebron
I hear voices

wow this thread has been kind of dead, sooo, here's a amazing Heavenly Sword Tech demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z3lI...related&search

:P
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 20:11   Link #284
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
just wait for FF13 and FF13 vs and u will come to the PS3 Side..
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 20:31   Link #285
Lebron
I hear voices

I'll officially come to the side when Heavenly Sword is released in March
Old 2007-01-14, 01:13   Link #286
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
I have a question, does anyone know when the psp2 is suppose to come out?
Actually I don't think sony is gonna make a PSP2.
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 08:55   Link #287
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclow View Post
I remember EGM say in the "Rumour Page" of a PSP Remake.... PSP Lite? lol
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 11:22   Link #288
Lebron
I hear voices

double post :P

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-01-14 at 21:00.
Old 2007-01-14, 11:23   Link #289
Lebron
I hear voices

I wouldn't be surprised if they did bring a PSP Lite, since the DS is outselling it 3 to 1 every month, in every territory. Change the design and lower the price, sounds like a good plan to me.
Old 2007-01-14, 12:26   Link #290
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

if they lower the price, i hope they do the exchange policy that Nintendo did, in that you give in your old DS and you get a 40% discount off the DS lite.

well that what I got

I still have my PSP, and its a good device for playing GBA games, reading ebooks, and watching anime on the move.....with the spare battery....

Old 2007-01-14, 16:20   Link #291
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclow View Post
I second this.

Since Sony's PSP got their ass kicked by Nintendo's DS, I don't think Mr. Sony is going to pool their money on another handheld.

They might as well as focus on PS3's firmware research, or further development of PS3 hardware, or something else I can't think of.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 17:45   Link #292
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

It really depends on whether or not the PSP made Sony much of a profit, and if not then whether Sony is willing and able to take another financial hit to give it another go.

If Sony does make a second PSP, I hope they learn the lessons that they really should have learned from the GameGear. a Portable system needs to be relatively cheap, have a long battery life, and be durable. Also, console style games need to be made more portable with additional save and sleep features. Finally, controls remain important on a handheld. You're not going to be able to port over your big console titles if the controls can't handle them.

Finally, if you're going to include nifty features like video playback, do not gimp this feature just to push a poorly concieved, limited use format.
Old 2007-01-14, 20:05   Link #293
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd View Post
Finally, if you're going to include nifty features like video playback, do not gimp this feature just to push a poorly concieved, limited use format.
I don't think they can do that, they are a multimedia company, they have to showcase there own investment,

Blue-ray is just such a case, just cross your fingers it doesn't go the way of the UMD.....
Old 2007-01-14, 23:56   Link #294
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

I understand it's in their best interest to push a proprietary format, but gimping video playback off of the memory stick, just to try and force people to buy UMD movies only succeeded at two things.

1. It made people more resentful of Sony and UMD.
2. It gimped a great feature of the handheld that could have drawn more people in on its own.

I understand Sony wants to make money, but UMD was never a big winner. It was never going to be. Most people weren't going to buy the same movies over again just to have a portable version, and most people weren't going to buy UMD over DVD to begin with. HD-DVD and BluRay make UMD even more worthless. It's kinda like Sega when they sold the 32X immeadiately followed by the Saturn.
Old 2007-01-16, 01:41   Link #295
Knightmare213

I think that's what PSP has over DS: the ability to play movies. You never know when you get sick of playing the games you played over and over again and suddenly got to urge to watch a movie.

Also, while I happened to have money to buy Wii, whilst having a thought of buying a 360, only FF13 and MGS4 is the only thing that's keeping me on PS3's side. If those two franchises didn't exist, I'd be playing with an Xbox360 waiting on Halo 3.
Old 2007-01-16, 10:39   Link #296
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd View Post
If Sony does make a second PSP, I hope they learn the lessons that they really should have learned from the GameGear. a Portable system needs to be relatively cheap, have a long battery life, and be durable. Also, console style games need to be made more portable with additional save and sleep features. Finally, controls remain important on a handheld. You're not going to be able to port over your big console titles if the controls can't handle them.
I actually find myself playing my PSP more than my DS these days- I like the more adult game selection. And there are some pretty good sleep and save options. Most games can be saved more often than console games, and you can put the PSP to sleep very easily. The system lasts at least 6 hours for me- and that's more than I ever use it in a day. I'm a happy camper, and I don't understand why the DS is STILL outselling the PSP- not with the game selection the PSP finally has...
Old 2007-01-16, 12:34   Link #297
Knightmare213

@wsheit: It's probably because DS offers a new way of playing handheld video games: the touch-screen stylus. While PSP still uses the method to play handhelds that stuck around for more than a decade, DS went far to attach another screen, install a touch-screen, and sell it at a reasable price.

When I was at a local retail store, there was a PSP demo and a DS demo. I tried them both out and realized that DS was much more fun to play with.

And this is why I wish I bought the DS instead of my outdated iPod Nano. I think it was at a same price on last July.
Old 2007-01-16, 15:47   Link #298
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213 View Post
@wsheit: It's probably because DS offers a new way of playing handheld video games: the touch-screen stylus. While PSP still uses the method to play handhelds that stuck around for more than a decade, DS went far to attach another screen, install a touch-screen, and sell it at a reasable price.

When I was at a local retail store, there was a PSP demo and a DS demo. I tried them both out and realized that DS was much more fun to play with.

And this is why I wish I bought the DS instead of my outdated iPod Nano. I think it was at a same price on last July.
Oh- don't get me wrong. I had a rather passionate affair with my DS for 3-4 months. And the touch screen makes games like Advance Wars much less tedious. It's a GREAT innovation. But...Nintendo's achilles heel has been and always will be game selection. At this point, the PSP is coming out with good games at a faster rate than the DS. And at some point, graphics become a consideration as well.
Old 2007-01-17, 04:15   Link #299
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
I actually find myself playing my PSP more than my DS these days- I like the more adult game selection. And there are some pretty good sleep and save options. Most games can be saved more often than console games, and you can put the PSP to sleep very easily. The system lasts at least 6 hours for me- and that's more than I ever use it in a day. I'm a happy camper, and I don't understand why the DS is STILL outselling the PSP- not with the game selection the PSP finally has...
maybe there are too many kids and kid-adults these days?

if only there were more adults-adults the PSP would of sold better..? :P
Old 2007-01-17, 08:55   Link #300
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Well, I think the general handheld market caters to kids.

Most adults are probably embarrassed to be seen holding a handheld.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony