AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-18, 20:31   Link #1
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Macross 30th Anniversary speculation/discussion thread

Macross 30th LOGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000...450/#eid408453

Old 2011-09-18, 20:40   Link #2
Darthtabby

So there's something going on for the 30th Anniversary, the question is what. It seems a bit early for any sort of new big production right after Sayonara no Tsubasa.

Is this the right thread for this kind of discussion?
Old 2011-09-18, 21:12   Link #3
MichiNekoChan
::::D

Send a message via AIM to MichiNekoChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
So there's something going on for the 30th Anniversary, the question is what. It seems a bit early for any sort of new big production right after Sayonara no Tsubasa.

Is this the right thread for this kind of discussion?
it is now XD
Old 2011-09-19, 02:30   Link #4
sa547
*Author

Next year has me thinking much, especially with open-ended conclusions and hints scattered somewhere across merchandise and publications brought on by Frontier.
Old 2011-09-19, 02:45   Link #5
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Ohh...this is gonna be good.
Old 2011-09-19, 02:46   Link #6
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Doesn't really matter, Satelight (Frontier) and 8-Bit (Infinite Stratos) are already working on Aquarion EVOL to air next year. It's their big project after Sayonara no Tsubasa. 8-Bit are made up of ex Studio Satelight members, a lot of who worked on Macross Frontier. Weird to see them make that separate company and than work with Satelight for 3 projects... MF Movie 1, MF Movie 2 and now Aquarion EVOL. Though I guess Bones did the same thing with Sunrise initially...

Anyway like I posted in the Sayonrara thread.

Macross 25 was announced in June of 07, Deculture was aired Dec, series started in Spring 2008.

They don't have to air Macross 30 in 2012, it can be aired in 2013. After the success of Macross Frontier it would be silly to pass up on the chance for a 30th anniversary show. I'll guess we'll start to get hints after Aquarion EVOL airs.
Old 2011-09-19, 07:54   Link #7
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

I have it from a pretty reliable source that they're looking to do something...small...for the 30th Anniversary.

So uh...don't get your hopes up TOO high.

Remember that Satelight started developing Frontier while Zero was still coming out, but as far as anyone has said, the Frontier movies have been taking up all of their time for the past couple of years.
Old 2011-09-19, 10:52   Link #8
triangler_fans1
MAMEGU fan

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I have it from a pretty reliable source that they're looking to do something...small...for the 30th Anniversary.

So uh...don't get your hopes up TOO high.

Remember that Satelight started developing Frontier while Zero was still coming out, but as far as anyone has said, the Frontier movies have been taking up all of their time for the past couple of years.
Maybe a CD homage , a special book by Mikimoto and a live concert with all the idols?

Old 2011-09-19, 10:56   Link #9
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangler_fans1 View Post
Maybe a CD homage , a special book drawing by Mikimoto and a live concert with all the idols?

I'd personally like to see any or all of those.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a Flashback 2012/Nyan Clip-type OVA, but using ALL the series...however, as one of my friends pointed out, fans can do that just as easily as the creators now...
Old 2011-09-19, 11:06   Link #10
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

My vote: A Zentradi high-school dating sim!

In all seriousness, how about a Macross SRPG game with customizable valkyries and pilot-development characteristics?

I miss the old Macross tactical games, those were classics

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-09-19 at 11:22.
Old 2011-09-19, 13:39   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'd like to have TV series announcement, but frankly what's been said in this thread makes a lot of sense. Not going to get my hopes up, and will hopefully be pleased with whatever is announced.

Especially if it's a Zentradi high-school dating sim.
Old 2011-09-19, 13:43   Link #12
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Especially if it's a Zentradi high-school dating sim.
Such game would have one good end for every 20 bad-to-terrible ends, each with the player dying horribly under circumstances that could only be described as mind-boggling.

For example... if you try to two-timer Milia:

She won't just be mistaking water for oil... she'd grill you like a piece of meat that you are

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-09-20, 20:06   Link #13
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Such game would have one good end for every 20 bad-to-terrible ends, each with the player dying horribly under circumstances that could only be described as mind-boggling.

For example... if you try to two-timer Milia:

She won't just be mistaking water for oil... she'd grill you like a piece of meat that you are

- Tak
This would be a pretty funny and fun dating sim if it had a full combat system and tons of fighting. FPS/Dating Sim would be hilarious.
Old 2011-09-20, 20:45   Link #14
Kunagisa

I think a "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross" remake or a "Macross the First" manga-anime adaptation (same thing really) would be the best thing that come out of this for me.

I still miss Minmei ;__;
Old 2011-09-20, 22:27   Link #15
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I think a "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross" remake or a "Macross the First" manga-anime adaptation (same thing really) would be the best thing that come out of this for me.
And I still think that's a terrible, terrible idea...
Old 2011-09-20, 23:04   Link #16
triangler_fans1
MAMEGU fan

Quote:
I agree!

I need something new. Macross Frontier was a good example.
Old 2011-09-21, 03:32   Link #17
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I also agree. Maybe a special music video animating some of the scenes from Macross the First would be a better idea.
Old 2011-09-21, 04:16   Link #18
sweet-d

Yeah I'd also like a new series.
Old 2011-09-21, 04:39   Link #19
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
While working on the movies 8-Bit produced a pretty high quality (in terms of production) series in Infinite Stratos this Jan and them and Satelight are currently working on Aquarion EVOL which I'm guessing will be airing Spring 2012.

The Frontier movies should have no bearing on what they do the next couple years in regards to potential output. It's not like the animators will have any involvement until well after the project has been greenlit.
Old 2011-09-21, 07:50   Link #20
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The Frontier movies should have no bearing on what they do the next couple years in regards to potential output. It's not like the animators will have any involvement until well after the project has been greenlit.
Yeah, but if they start developing something, I dunno, tomorrow...it still won't be ready in time for the 30th anniversary (unless it's something small). 32nd or 33rd, maybe.

On a related note (which I may have mentioned before, and forgive me if I have), back in February, at an event, someone asked Hidetaka Tenjin (who did "mechanical art" for Frontier...which as far I can tell means he created the CGI models of the mecha, and perhaps choreographed the fight scenes as well) about what the staff was thinking about for the 30th Anniversary. His response was, "I think I just finished making a movie, and I'd like to rest for a while!"

Admittedly, that was nearly seven months ago, but still...