AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-11-28, 03:42   Link #2181
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
You're welcome. Hopefully they've proved usefully or at least interesting.
Well...I personally found some things very interesting...

But I might let everyone judge for themselves. Here's one part of Aoki's interview - I'm actually not sure if it should go here or in the general thread, but since it will probably spark some discussion about where Slaine will head in S2, perhaps it does fit here...

Spoiler for Where Aoki goes into what they originally envisioned for episode 12...:

NB: * Based on what Gen said at the Gargantia event ("IIRC, I wrote something like two lines outlining what happened"), this is probably what Aoki, Takayama et al developed after Gen had to pull out.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2014-11-28 at 06:27.
Old 2014-11-28, 13:23   Link #2182
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

The avoidance of using the word killed and used shoot instead, I betting 100 percent now Inaho will lived now. Same way how they described Saazbaum shoot instead of killed Asseylum.

Also the original scenario fit so much better than this sudden Asseylum x Inaho out of nowhere and as consistency of Inaho's personality and what would he really would had done using his logic not hormone. Inaho crawling to kill Saazbaum and than Slaine shoot in return, but it really show Slaine flip-flopin. You tried to save Saazbaum, then tried to killed him and then tried to save him again? So in a way I guess the anime's scenario fit Slaine's motive better of trying to killed Inaho.

Edit: Inaho tried to finished off Saazbaum? Does that mean he also confirmed to be alive too?

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2014-11-28 at 13:39.
Old 2014-11-28, 14:02   Link #2183
Marsala
Delurker

Inaho shooting Saazbaum is still consistent with him falling in love with Asseylum, but it doesn't show it so dramatically.

The change also keeps some degree of Slaine's loyalty to Asseylum intact. If he couldn't even shoot Saazbaum and then shot Inaho to protect Saazbaum even after Asseylum was shot, he'd look like he had already totally abandoned her.
Old 2014-11-28, 14:22   Link #2184
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Inaho shooting Saazbaum is still consistent with him falling in love with Asseylum, but it doesn't show it so dramatically.

The change also keeps some degree of Slaine's loyalty to Asseylum intact. If he couldn't even shoot Saazbaum and then shot Inaho to protect Saazbaum even after Asseylum was shot, he'd look like he had already totally abandoned her.
In a more clearer language, "better than this Asseylum x Inaho asspull crap" not that Inaho isn't in love with Asseylum. Prioritizing killing Saazbaum over crawling to a suppose death body is consistent with his "this is the most logical way" personality.
Old 2014-11-28, 19:16   Link #2185
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Well...I personally found some things very interesting...

But I might let everyone judge for themselves. Here's one part of Aoki's interview - I'm actually not sure if it should go here or in the general thread, but since it will probably spark some discussion about where Slaine will head in S2, perhaps it does fit here...

Spoiler for Where Aoki goes into what they originally envisioned for episode 12...:

NB: * Based on what Gen said at the Gargantia event ("IIRC, I wrote something like two lines outlining what happened"), this is probably what Aoki, Takayama et al developed after Gen had to pull out.
I don't think so. Aoki said they didn't change much of the original thing Gen wrote (and... they didn't, it doesn't matter who shoots who, but all of them get shot except for Slaine), he said the story was "slightly" different, so the shooting surely happened. Plus, I thought that Gen was joking during the Gargantia event...because he wrote the mainframe of the story, which surely wasn't two lines, but I'm just being logical to suspect he was just saying BS to mess with the most stupid fans (the shippers). You know like the time he claimed he was a healing author which was obviously trolling.

Quote:

Because Slaine's original character was different and the changes they made was to make him show a super devotion to Asseylum (that's why Aoki Ei confirmed too he didn't choose this cause over her life), I wish this had been what they animated instead. Bah! On the other hand, doesn't this confirm Saazbaum lives? Slaine saved his life in the original plan so he surely lives. As much I'm grateful if he lives, absolutely no one died in that finale. What a disappointment.

On the other hand, they also avoided using "killed" with Cruhteo...

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2014-11-28 at 19:34.
Old 2014-11-28, 20:16   Link #2186
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

I'm just working based on what I've heard about that Gargantia event. But I'm fully willing to believe that Gen was just pulling our legs, even if only to get people off his back for 'killing the characters'. If you have another source, I'm all ears (or eyes, as the case may be).

And I personally prefer the ending we got. Both Inaho and Slaine are more interesting that way, to me anyway.

Saazbaum alive? Not necessarily. Depends on the injuries he had from the fight - he had to have ended up with massive internal bleeding just from that.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-11-28, 21:49   Link #2187
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
On the other hand, they also avoided using "killed" with Cruhteo...
Getting vaporized is most certainly a death. They can't asspull their way out of this one.
Old 2014-11-28, 22:15   Link #2188
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Getting vaporized is most certainly a death. They can't asspull their way out of this one.
The script of episode 8 doesn't mention he died, iirc.

Quote:
I'm just working based on what I've heard about that Gargantia event. But I'm fully willing to believe that Gen was just pulling our legs, even if only to get people off his back for 'killing the characters'. If you have another source, I'm all ears (or eyes, as the case may be).
I think what Aoki Ei said confirmed Gen was trolling the most gullible fans, and how so many fell for that was quite funny. What with the implication of the impact Asseylum had on Inaho was a late-addition with his: "But as the story progressed, Asseylum's existence had much more of an impact on him than expected." That's probably why, in the original script, he ignores her to shoot Saazbaum, instead.

Do you want the event? I think it's in nicovideo. I could try to hunt it down for you, but right now I'm trying to look for a nicer resolution of the official character chart.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2014-11-28 at 22:27.
Old 2014-11-28, 22:58   Link #2189
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
You know like the time he claimed he was a healing author which was obviously trolling.
But Madoka really was an healing anime. In fact, it almost exactly fulfilled what he said was necessary to write a perfect ending to a story in the Fate/Zero postface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urobutcher
Therefore, in order to write a perfect ending for a story you have to twist the laws of cause and effect, reverse black and white, and even possess a power to move in the opposite direction from the rule of the universe. Only a heavenly and chaste soul that can sing carols of praise towards humanity can save the story. To write a story with a perfect ending is a double challenge to the author's body and soul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess
I think what Aoki Ei said confirmed Gen was trolling the most gullible fans, and how so many fell for that was quite funny. What with the implication of the impact Asseylum had on Inaho was a late-addition with his: "But as the story progressed, Asseylum's existence had much more of an impact on him than expected." That's probably why, in the original script, he ignores her to shoot Saazbaum, instead.
Inaho isn't really ignoring her any more than Slaine ignored her when he shot Saazbaum in the actual episode; he just didn't display his feelings as blatantly as he did in the crawl and montage.
Old 2014-11-28, 23:51   Link #2190
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

I'm personally not going to debate the finer points of when things were changed, or whether characters effectively 'wrote themselves' as the story evolved (as a lot of writers/creators I've read suggest about their characters), but I definitely prefer what we got rather than what they originally envisioned.

Quote:
Do you want the event? I think it's in nicovideo. I could try to hunt it down for you, but right now I'm trying to look for a nicer resolution of the official character chart.
I tried looking at it once, but I couldn't search through the 5 hour video (not sure if that's the only version), so I gave up. I'd be more interested in seeing what Aoki said about his comment, if you have it.

As for the chart, do you mean the one that came with Tx/023 released last week? I can post the photos I took of it on my twitter now, and try and take some better ones if need be when I get home...

- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2014-12-22 at 18:56.
Old 2014-11-29, 01:21   Link #2191
Thess

Quote:
I tried looking at it once, but I couldn't search through the 5 hour video (not sure if that's the only version), so I gave up. I'd be more interested in seeing what Aoki said about his comment, if you have it.
Aoki said something about his comment? I'm speaking about what Aoki said about the original ending. He already described what happened in the original scene (which now makes me doubt about Saazbaum's death), so there's no need to make assumptions that they changed it when he stated in the radio show, they stuck with it with only slightly differences, yes? Jolt my memories, but I think that's what Aoki said about it. What he says contradicts Gen's obvious trolling remark.

Quote:
As for the chart, do you mean the one that came with Tx/022 released last week? I can post the photos I took of it on my twitter now, and try and take some better ones if need be when I get home...
Thanks, but I've seen some of them in twitter. I'm looking for scans. I guess it's impossible because of the size.

Quote:
But Madoka really was an healing anime. In fact, it almost exactly fulfilled what he said was necessary to write a perfect ending to a story in the Fate/Zero postface.
If you are into masochism.

Quote:
Inaho isn't really ignoring her any more than Slaine ignored her when he shot Saazbaum in the actual episode; he just didn't display his feelings as blatantly as he did in the crawl and montage.
You're ignoring that Aoki Ei stated that originally Asseylum didn't have much of an impact for him to change, blatantly or not.

Slaine did ignore her, by the way. Saazbaum betraying his feelings and trust, in a way, are more important than Asseylum injured, I think. That's why he's looking at Saazbaum's direction in the end (well, according to the script).

Old 2014-11-29, 01:59   Link #2192
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Aoki said something about his comment? I'm speaking about what Aoki said about the original ending. He already described what happened in the original scene (which now makes me doubt about Saazbaum's death), so there's no need to make assumptions that they changed it when he stated in the radio show, they stuck with it with only slightly differences, yes? Jolt my memories, but I think that's what Aoki said about it. What he says contradicts Gen's obvious trolling remark.
The broad outline is the same, the details are different. The important question is how much of an outline there was when Gen left. And I haven't seen anything that completely rules out what Gen said yet, though I'm certain that developments such as 'Slaine shooting Inaho' would have been discussed before he left. Discussed, but not necessarily set in stone.

i.e.
Quote:
That's probably why, in the original script, he ignores her to shoot Saazbaum, instead.
There is no mention about the so-called 'original script'. The 'original plan' that Aoki was talking about was still in a 'general outline of episode' stage.

Quote:
Thanks, but I've seen some of them in twitter. I'm looking for scans. I guess it's impossible because of the size.
Scans probably won't show up - I doubt anyone can be bothered joining 8-16 scanned pages together. The entire poster is B1 size, if I've calculated right.

Have you actually seen everything on it? The feeling I get is that people really respect the 'these are for the fans who make the effort to go pick the clues up' thing, so I'm curious as to whether all the text stuff has shown up. I've only see a few of the blurbs on twitter myself (there are 22 in total, each going into a relationship between two characters), but I haven't really looked all that hard...

Quote:
That's why he's looking at Saazbaum's direction in the end (well, according to the script).
If you watch the scene carefully, you'll find that that's what they animated. And that's the direction in which he was walking at the end, not towards Asseylum...

- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2014-11-29 at 06:35.
Old 2014-11-29, 02:05   Link #2193
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
If you watch the scene carefully, you'll find that that's what they animated. And that's the direction he was walking in at the end, not towards Asseylum...
If that's the hint that Aoki was indicating when explaining why Slaine shot Inaho, it would imply that he did it for the same reason as in the earlier treatment: because Slaine was siding with Saazbaum, and so treated Inaho not as an ally who could help him save the princess, but as an enemy who would use her against Saazbaum's goals (even though Asseylum herself opposes those goals too).

Definitely a big hint as to what Slaine will be doing in the next cour.
Old 2014-11-29, 11:00   Link #2194
marconii2002

Season 2 pv

Old 2014-11-29, 11:06   Link #2195
Marsala
Delurker

Oh wow. That answers that, then.
Old 2014-11-29, 11:20   Link #2196
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Yup, Sazz still alive. Though this time looks like the war's going to be in space.
Old 2014-11-29, 11:56   Link #2197
Marsala
Delurker

Although Slaine is just flying around, not actually fighting as of yet. Battles will probably be both in space and on the ground.
Old 2014-11-29, 12:00   Link #2198
Key Board
Carbon

How the hell is Saucebomb and Asseylum alive

I guess time travel nonsense is involved
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-11-29, 12:03   Link #2199
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
they better bring Inaho back because if Slaine saved Sazbaum than he really should keep him away from Asseylum because dude out right wants to kill her unless they do a 180 on him and change to a loving Hime character. plus The show wouldn't be the same without Inaho and his group.
Old 2014-11-29, 12:41   Link #2200
Arararagi-Senpai

Hime and Sauce-whatever are alive? That probably means Inaho is back too. And if that's the case then the finale was a waste of everyone's time.