AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-24, 19:45   Link #1461
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

The Japanese and Chinese really liked this episode, East Asians really hate fat people don’t they? I love it that they’re all going through all sort of relationship problems. Girl that has unrequited love, boy that has unrequited love, toxic relationships between people that doesn’t even like each other in the first place, one-sided love, none-straight loving a straight, and possibility a bisexual after this episode.
Old 2018-03-24, 20:05   Link #1462
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It doesn't seem that the writers really hate fat people though. If they did they wouldn't have made the guy manly af at the end of the episode.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 20:06   Link #1463
SeaDoor

Heavens! So many pages of comments for one episode. They're teenagers, they could shuffle around the pairings quite often if this series runs long enough. Long-term, monogamous teenage relationships is the exception, IMO.

BTW: I'm getting a little put off by 02's ominous statements that are never followed up on over these last several episodes. Time to do more than just hint!
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 20:14   Link #1464
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Well at least I don't feel like I'm alone in not seeing a reason to hate anything that Futoshi did. Just a few things.

You're the one putting the word protect in quotation marks. You're adding subtext where there is none, or at the very least, you're adding the wrong kind of subtext. He was in love with her so of course he wanted to impress her. These are completely normal and ordinary courting practices which happen absolutely everywhere. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Nobody is angry at Kokoro for not reciprocating, not even Futoshi. He is heartbroken, not resentful. The things she does wrong is A) encourage his behavior when she is not interested, and B) making promises with no intent of keeping them. No matter how you slice it, this is wrong. And Kokoro is a lot better at acknowledging her flaws than you are.
It's in quotes because Futoshi felt that it was his duty to "protect" Kokoro and pushed it onto Mitsuru. However, did anyone ask Kokoro's opinion on it? Look at Kokoro's mecha. Does it look like something that needs protecting? It's built like a tank. For all purposes, Kokoro is a soldier. She does not need to be protected. She needs to be treated like a fellow soldier.

Quote:
....Toxic partner? What has Ikuno ever done to Mitsuru? Snark at him a few times? Come on, Mitsuru constantly treated her like crap for no reason and blamed her for his own shortcomings. Surely Ikuno is allowed to be cynical.
Yes, toxic partner and toxic environment.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxic_workplace

If Ikuno had a problem with Mitsuru, she should have taken it to Nana. Instead, she confronted Mitsuru and then added "I'm not like you." which she has done before. We've only seen a few examples in this series and don't really know for how long this activity has been going on but it has affected Mitsuru's performance along with the not forgiving Hiro issue

Quote:
It doesn't seem that the writers really hate fat people though. If they did they wouldn't have made the guy manly af at the end of the episode.
He looked like a complete fool crying at the end of the episode in front of the current couple.
Old 2018-03-24, 20:16   Link #1465
Twi

Didn't all the boys make that vow to protect their partners when that boy-girl divide happen?
Old 2018-03-24, 20:17   Link #1466
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
I am talking the viewers, both Chinese and Japanese view Mitsuru trying to steal 02 in Ep 3 as negative yet this time they really like it. That being said making Mitsuru more handsome and Fatoshi more ugly really doesn’t help. (I do admit I have Schadenfreude from this episode, Futoshi being the comical buttmonkey so far really doesn’t garner my sympathy)
Old 2018-03-24, 20:20   Link #1467
Twi

I think that's more because of how much chemistry they've been building up with them. Those meetings in the greenhouse, when he saved her from the falling ceiling, keeping one another's secrets. Compared to that, all we see Futoshi doing is professing his love and eating. Futoshi is a normally sweet guy, but Mitsuru can be made a better person with Kokoro around.

And, to be fair, I've really been thinking he was going to get killed at some point. I mean, the series' Biscuit and the series' lesbian who just got rejected are piloting together. We all know if a Franxx gets killed whose it'll be.
Old 2018-03-24, 20:26   Link #1468
James Rye

So from now on Mitsuru and Kokoro will ride and Futoshi and Ikuno will ride together. Poor Ikuno trying the girl-girl connection but it is just not working. An Injection with 15% survival rate means there must have been lots of children with "children fever" and a whole lot of them died as little children leading to this survival rate. No wonder Mitsuru hated Hiro's guts, he survived something most won't and he was just "what promise". And the same time, just what happened to Hiro to forget about such a promise so totally? Was it the meeting with 02 as a child?
Old 2018-03-24, 20:27   Link #1469
Wandering Soul

Futoshi is just a teenager with a crush that wasn't returned. Add to that the fact that he lives in a society that doesn't teach him what these emotions are, much less how to deal with them, and you can't really blame him for anything. He even dealt with his feelings about the matter by the time the big fight came and accepted Kokoro's decision at the end.I don't hate Kokoro for her decision, but at the very least she owed him a explanation. I can't say all of this really damaged my opinion of either character to the point that I dislike them.

The person that really got hurt the worst during this episode was Ikuno. Hiro at least understood that Ichigo was upset when she attempted it with him, but Ichigo thinks her attempt synchronize with Ikuno didn't really mean anything.
Old 2018-03-24, 20:27   Link #1470
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Didn't all the boys make that vow to protect their partners when that boy-girl divide happen?
It boy might feel they have to protect their girls. But when you grow up you realize that's bullshit. Well, what do you know, some of these kids are growing up and already realizing some of the things they believed in not so long ago are bullshit and there are more important things to be worried about.

Indeed, Mitsuru himself learned that he shouldn't stop trusting his peers just because of an unfulfilled promise. That's childish, and he has to grow up from that. And he's doing just that. Not in small part thanks to Kokoro.

Well, if Futoshi does end up partnering with Ikuno, he will probably learn he doesn't have to go out of his way to protect his partner. He has to work with his partner as a team.
Old 2018-03-24, 20:52   Link #1471
KPSJ

Quote:
I think that's more because of how much chemistry they've been building up with them. Those meetings in the greenhouse, when he saved her from the falling ceiling, keeping one another's secrets. Compared to that, all we see Futoshi doing is professing his love and eating. Futoshi is a normally sweet guy, but Mitsuru can be made a better person with Kokoro around.

And, to be fair, I've really been thinking he was going to get killed at some point. I mean, the series' Biscuit and the series' lesbian who just got rejected are piloting together. We all know if a Franxx gets killed whose it'll be.
Don't compare Biscuit and futoshi!! Biscuit was a great character that would bring logic into orga's crazy ass plans TBH season 2 truly needed him
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 20:55   Link #1472
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The Swapping -> NTR combo hasn't ended, right? Because it kinda ended peacefully, but the ex-homo was like "I'll protect her from now on", so this is still on-going, right?
Hopefully. This is where the NTR gets good, so hopes up for more on that later.
(And lame if it ends here)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 21:17   Link #1473
Forever
Revealing the truth

How come there is only one core when the whole thing suppose to be made of multiple small stuff?

Is the core simply a program of some sorts? I wont be surprised if klaxosaurs are actually man made by another faction....
Old 2018-03-24, 23:22   Link #1474
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Enjoyable episode. It highlights one of the few things that kept my interest in the show: Kokoro & Mitsuru's development. After this, let's see how Ikuno & Futoshi work together more.

Quote:
I mean, the series' Biscuit and the series' lesbian who just got rejected are piloting together. We all know if a Franxx gets killed whose it'll be.
Please don't insult Biscuit by comparing him with the useless Futoshi. They're like complete opposite aside from being chubby. Both characters have totally different roles in their shows. Biscuit was one of the smartest guys around and the antithesis of being useless. He's not even a gluttonous wuss like Futoshi. Biscuit avoids stereotype while Futoshi is a walking stereotype. Please understand the differences .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
How come there is only one core when the whole thing suppose to be made of multiple small stuff?

Is the core simply a program of some sorts? I wont be surprised if klaxosaurs are actually man made by another faction....
Just.....don't think about it too much. Otherwise, you'll get sucked into the plot holes and inconsistencies .

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2018-03-24 at 23:33. Reason: more highlight
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 23:45   Link #1475
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

i thiink which that klaxosaur power is aslong his core(heart and soul) is intact he can turn parts of his body in small ones and regenerate it, that is why they are seeying too much of it, they where simple small pieces of him which he throw as party of his arsenal.
Old 2018-03-24, 23:53   Link #1476
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Enjoyable episode. It highlights one of the few things that kept my interest in the show: Kokoro & Mitsuru's development. After this, let's see how Ikuno & Futoshi work together more.

Please don't insult Biscuit by comparing him with the useless Futoshi. They're like complete opposite aside from being chubby. Both characters have totally different roles in their shows. Biscuit was one of the smartest guys around and the antithesis of being useless. He's not even a gluttonous wuss like Futoshi. Biscuit avoids stereotype while Futoshi is a walking stereotype. Please understand the differences .

Just.....don't think about it too much. Otherwise, you'll get sucked into the plot holes and inconsistencies .
I always enjoy your post I can agree with you most of the time, I hioe I see you in trigger's next mech anime thread (Gridman)
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 23:55   Link #1477
Blueknight78

if he futoshi was really "that useless" as peoples are claim as biased then mitsure could be pretty dead now, because was "thanks to that useless" guy which he could shot the guy, or we are "forgetting" which was the guy which hold the "klaxs feet for a long time and pulled a much better battle than mitsuru, while outside the battle he is indeed a pretty generic fat glutom hes too far away from being "useless".

Also as if mitsuru himself is not a pretty generic douch bag character.
Old 2018-03-25, 00:06   Link #1478
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post
I always enjoy your post I can agree with you most of the time, I hope I see you in trigger's next mech anime thread (Gridman)
Well thanks. I'll def gonna watch Trigger's SSSS Gridman since I like the old 90s show. Still, SSSS Gridman is not really a mecha anime but an adaptation of a 90s superhero Tokusatsu show (with mechas). There's a good chance that the show will be a lot more fun.
Old 2018-03-25, 00:11   Link #1479
Skaddix

Clearly the core provides wireless energy transfer and is the brain...technically possible.

I am more interested in Hiro forgetting the promise and it being noted he did have a personality change at around that point. I wonder if the good Doctor made some changes since it seems if Hiro had progressed normally the Nines would be the Tens and Papa and the APE council seem to have no clue why Hiro didn't proceed normally.

Zero Two is keeping secrets it seems as we know from last episode seems a ticking time bomb.

And yeah Futoshi is no Biscuit...but who knows maybe Futoshi does have talents...Biscuits talents are primarily relevant in IBO because the teens there didn't have adults who did all the heavy lifting. Biscuit would be far less impressive if all he was required to do was pilot.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 00:34   Link #1480
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, that episode happened The reaction so far has been awesome to watch, and by it itself, it was actually one of the best so far, doing a good work developing both Kokoro and Mitsuru while sprinkling some more small facts about the world while at it and foreshadowing some more that things aren't good for the resident oni, and even some pretty good action in the end. Didn't think Mitsuru's obssession with Hiro would run so deep, to the point he seems to have something in common with Ikuno after all, and speaking of, was the latter bold this time! I'm kinda ashamed to say I didn't see this reveal about her tendencies, despite all the discussion there's been about it, or rather, I couldn't see any hints by myself, but its certainly an interesting direction, and fitting given the show's themes. I can only hope it sees more development from now on.

Also, most, or at least some, of the less savory parts of the discussion (not here but in other sites) could've probably been avoided if Zorome had just kept his mouth shut Half-joking here, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Biscuit... brain currently fails me... thinking... wait, what!? How is that even a comparison?
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote